Focus Problem on the DJI Mini 3 Pro
2779 15 2023-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OvaR8ed
New

South Africa

I'm having trouble with the focus on my DJI Mini 3 Pro.
It seems the camera focus range is out of calibration. I can only get focus on nearby objects up to 5m (5 yards) away. Anything further than that appears soft and out of focus. Infinity focus is only sharp for nearby objects, far away objects are out of focus. When I Autofocus tap on far away objects, it tries to focus, but then it settles on a soft image.

The problem is exactly the same with both auto-focus and manual focus, and it apears in photo and video mode.

Is there a problem with my drone, or do I need to toggle something in the settings?
2023-8-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, OvaR8ed. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please provide unedited photos/videos for us to further check? You may upload them to a shareable link like Google Drive or DropBox then kindly send the link via PM. Thank you.
2023-8-19
Use props
RoZis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1423173 ft
Germany

Looks like you have the same problem I had with my first Mini 3 pro
Possible Focusrange is complete shifted. After restart, sometime it works fine, sometimes not.
I sent it back to DJI

2023-8-19
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That isn't normal behaviour. Your drone may have a defect. Could be time to raise a claim with DJI.
2023-8-19
Use props
diamond2189
lvl.1
Flight distance : 236102 ft
Canada

Hey did you get it solve? I have the same problem
1-20 17:41
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

diamond2189 Posted at 1-20 17:41
Hey did you get it solve? I have the same problem

Hi there. We are more than glad to help. can you also post a video showing the issue as requested by DJI Gamora in reply 2#? Thank you very much.
1-21 02:16
Use props
Angel Wojtasiak
New

Canada

RoZis Posted at 2023-8-19 10:38
Looks like you have the same problem I had with my first Mini 3 pro
Possible Focusrange is complete shifted. After restart, sometime it works fine, sometimes not.
I sent it back to DJI

I have exactly same problem
2-10 07:43
Use props
djiuser_Lvf4q9fhihlK
New

United States

Same issue and it's a known issue by dji as there are hundreds upon hundreds of reports going back since release. You'd think they'd have a fix for it or at least stop with the silly troubleshooting that doesn't work and just replace all the faulty one's.
3-16 18:45
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Angel Wojtasiak Posted at 2-10 07:43
I have exactly same problem

Hi there, Sorry about the trouble. If I may ask, does it fail whether selecting Manual or Auto? Will it be fine if you post samples for us to further check? Thank you.
3-16 21:46
Use props
adek670
lvl.1
Flight distance : 238005 ft
United Kingdom

I have just started using my Mini 3 pro after the winter and I am seem to be having exactly the same problem.  I  updated to the latest firmware before flying and my videos are now really quite blurry compared to last year. The video from today lacks any real sharpness and is no comparison to my earlier videos.   

In terms of self help,  I have made sure the lens is clean - even tried resetting the mini 3 pro.      No change.

Is this a firmware issue?  Grateful for any advice please.  
3-17 10:53
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

adek670 Posted at 3-17 10:53
I have just started using my Mini 3 pro after the winter and I am seem to be having exactly the same problem.  I  updated to the latest firmware before flying and my videos are now really quite blurry compared to last year. The video from today lacks any real sharpness and is no comparison to my earlier videos.   

In terms of self help,  I have made sure the lens is clean - even tried resetting the mini 3 pro.      No change.

Hi there. Will it be fine if you post some sample photos? Thank you very much.
3-17 22:25
Use props
adek670
lvl.1
United Kingdom

one taken yesterday.  ill post a few more
3-18 13:46
Use props
adek670
lvl.1
United Kingdom

no change to settings but this was when it was fine
3-18 13:48
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

adek670 Posted at 3-18 13:46
[view_image]

one taken yesterday.  ill post a few more

Hi. In MF, can you please try dragging the focus control bar and observe whether the camera view changes from blurry to clear? Also, please check if the lens fogs up or is dusty. If yes, please use a soft cloth to clean the lens and let it stand in the use environment before shooting again.
The operating environment range of Mini 3 Pro is -10° to 40° C (14° to 104° F), you can try flying the aircraft in a different location, if it fails to satisfy the requirement, the product imaging quality may get affected. Try recording in the environment of a different temperature and check if it will be resolved. If the issue persists. We suggest sending the drone back to DJI for diagnosis. You can submit a repair request here (https://www.dji.com/global/support). The warranty can be applied depending on the assessment's outcome, including your unit's warranty period. Thank you for your patience.
3-18 21:30
Use props
adek670
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 3-18 21:30
Hi. In MF, can you please try dragging the focus control bar and observe whether the camera view changes from blurry to clear? Also, please check if the lens fogs up or is dusty. If yes, please use a soft cloth to clean the lens and let it stand in the use environment before shooting again.
The operating environment range of Mini 3 Pro is -10° to 40° C (14° to 104° F), you can try flying the aircraft in a different location, if it fails to satisfy the requirement, the product imaging quality may get affected. Try recording in the environment of a different temperature and check if it will be resolved. If the issue persists. We suggest sending the drone back to DJI for diagnosis. You can submit a repair request here (https://www.dji.com/global/support). The warranty can be applied depending on the assessment's outcome, including your unit's warranty period. Thank you for your patience.

Seems like a bit detailed for something that use to work straight out of the box .  It’s  ok it’s way to DJi hopefully they will get to the cause of the issue
3-19 12:55
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

adek670 Posted at 3-19 12:55

Seems like a bit detailed for something that use to work straight out of the box .  It’s  ok it’s way to DJi hopefully they will get to the cause of the issue

Sorry about the trouble. If the troubleshooting fails, we suggest sending it back to DJI for checking. Feel free to reach us if you need further assistance. Thank you for your patience.
3-20 03:35
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules