Can someone fly a stolen drone bound to an account
1281 11 2023-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tk4478
lvl.1

United States

I have recently had my drone stolen with its controller can it be flown while bound to my account

2023-8-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry for your loss. You can contact our support team through the link below and report this issue and provide the exact model. Our team will help you further. http://www.dji.com/support
2023-8-20
Use props
Tk4478
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-20 00:40
Hi there, we are sorry for your loss. You can contact our support team through the link below and report this issue and provide the exact model. Our team will help you further. http://www.dji.com/support

How would they help i sadly did not have dji care attached to my drone
2023-8-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Tk4478 Posted at 8-20 06:47
How would they help i sadly did not have dji care attached to my drone

Thank you for your response. Not to worry, you can still contact our relevant team to report this issue, and they will record the stolen aircraft in the system. Our support team will contact you if we receive the product in the future. Please rest assured that DJI will reject offering a service if other customers send it back. I hope for your understanding and patience.
2023-8-20
Use props
Tk4478
lvl.1

United States

Yeah so after talking to your Staff account binding is absolute junk unless you want your device serviced,  you can stop my drone from flying in a no-fly zone but you can't stop someone from flying a stolen drone. all it takes is a new account and bam they can fly my stolen drone till the end of time without getting it repaired by DJI. Thank you DJI for dropping the ball on a antitheft feature!
2023-8-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Tk4478 Posted at 8-20 11:20
Yeah so after talking to your Staff account binding is absolute junk unless you want your device serviced,  you can stop my drone from flying in a no-fly zone but you can't stop someone from flying a stolen drone. all it takes is a new account and bam they can fly my stolen drone till the end of time without getting it repaired by DJI. Thank you DJI for dropping the ball on a antitheft feature!

I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused. I was able to find your flyaway case using your forum account. Since you already reported this aircraft, please rest assured that DJI will refuse to offer a service if other customers send it back. Thank you.
2023-8-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Tk4478 Posted at 8-20 11:20
Yeah so after talking to your Staff account binding is absolute junk unless you want your device serviced,  you can stop my drone from flying in a no-fly zone but you can't stop someone from flying a stolen drone. all it takes is a new account and bam they can fly my stolen drone till the end of time without getting it repaired by DJI. Thank you DJI for dropping the ball on a antitheft feature!

We are deeply sorry for any inconvenience. Currently, DJI cannot perform remote locking for your missing aircraft. Thanks for your understanding.
2023-8-20
Use props
Tk4478
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-20 17:37
We are deeply sorry for any inconvenience. Currently, DJI cannot perform remote locking for your missing aircraft. Thanks for your understanding.

Remote lock isnt needed just code in BOUND TO ACCOUNT so it WONT FLY under someone else's account
2023-8-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Tk4478 Posted at 8-20 19:09
Remote lock isnt needed just code in BOUND TO ACCOUNT so it WONT FLY under someone else's account

We understand your feeling very well. We will forward your feedback to the corresponding team. Sorry again for the inconvenience caused. Thanks for your understanding.
2023-8-22
Use props
djiuser_XdAikFP55ldm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36434 ft
  • >>>
Jamaica

I am trying to see in the support how to report my drone stolen but unable to get a direct link for the report
2-14 07:07
Use props
Amierhj
lvl.3
Flight distance : 64839 ft

United States

djiuser_XdAikFP55ldm Posted at 2-14 07:07
I am trying to see in the support how to report my drone stolen but unable to get a direct link for the report

I believe you just contact DJI support.
3-26 18:03
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_XdAikFP55ldm Posted at 2-14 07:07

Hi there, we are sorry for your loss. It is suggested you could contact with the local police to report
a case. Thanks.
3-26 19:56
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules