Strange issue affecting Inspire 2 VTX but not Mavic 3 Pro
802 1 2023-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sivaci2754
lvl.1

India

I was recently in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA for some work.
I was shooting with both an Inspire 2, and a Mavic 3 Pro Cine, and both were working great.
However, when I set up to fly up in the mountains, the Inspire 2 was experiencing huge lag (1-3 seconds) with the live video feed, and was also very blocky and low resolution.
We were super remote, there was nothing around, and there was no heavy usage on any of the bandwidths showing up in the app.
It also wasn't affected by distance, it would be the same with the controller 2 feet from the drone, or 200 feet.
However, it wasn't a problem with the drone, as soon as I wasn't up in the mountains in that area, it worked perfectly (and also nothing to do with the altitude or type of environment as I've filmed at higher altitudes and all over the world with it).
As a result, it was completely unusable for video, especially when timing shots was key.
However, the Mavic 3 Pro Cine had absolutely no problems in this area and worked perfectly!
I get that the Mavic is a newer generation, but I wouldn't have expected such a stark difference.
Any idea what was causing it? There was some red powder on the snow in the area so I assumed there may be a high level of metal particles in the air, but even if that was the cause, why would it impact the video transmission when the controller is only 1-2 ft from the drone?

2023-8-20
Use props
Byte
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4654491 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm intrigued by this post, as this is a direct copy and paste of my post that I made on Reddit earlier today (https://www.reddit.com/r/dji/com ... pire_2_vtx_but_not/).
I was just coming here to post it here to, but this is literally my post?
2023-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules