image capture from video
979 2 2023-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Artful Badger
New

United Kingdom

Hi guys. I am new to all of this so I thought I would ask for some advice. Up until now I have been using a  slr camera to capture images for my artwork. Using a slr camera only allows you to capture an exact moment and thats it.
If I was to use the Osmo 4 for video recordings walking around a subject, would it be possible to pause the playback and capture a high resolution image of the exact moment that I want ?

I create bespoke metal artwork from high resolution images.
Using a single image or even a group of images doesnt always give me the exact angle or depth of detail that I require for my work. If I could pause playback and capture the exact moment I needed that would be awesome. I have noticed that the Osmo 4 works really well in low light so if there is a subject im working on with shadows would that feature add more light to those areas ? I have used windows based software for tweaking still images to bring the shadows out but if the Osmo 4 can do the job even before tweaking the image that would be great.

If anyone is interested my website is www.the-artful-badger.co.uk
I am also on instagram as Badgerwelding67

Thankyou for taking the time to read this post guys
2023-8-20
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

It depends on the scenario. Are you using a Windows PC for playback? If you are and also have a picture editing software such as Adobe PhotoShop, Paint Shop Pro or Paint.Net on your computer, you possibly could manage that by starting video playback in fullscreen, pause the video on the right moment, press PrintScreen on your keyboard (make sure the cursor, the playback controls and the software markings are not displayed when pressing the key!), then open the picture editing software and from the program's menus, select " Paste as a new image" or similar option (the location and the exact wording of the option depending on the used software).

I hope you find a way that best suits your needs!
2023-8-21
Use props
mark11111111
lvl.1

The DJI Osmo 4 does not have a pause and capture feature. However, it does have a burst mode that allows you to take a series of photos quickly. You can then select the best photo from the burst mode.

The Osmo 4 also has a feature called ActiveTrack, which allows you to track a moving subject and keep it in focus. This could be useful if you are walking around a subject and want to capture a high-resolution image of them.

The Osmo 4 does not add light to a scene, but it can help to reduce noise in low-light conditions. This can make the shadows in your images appear less dark.

Overall, the DJI Osmo 4 is a great camera for capturing high-resolution images. However, it does not have a pause and capture feature. If you need this feature, you may want to consider a different camera.

More likely, the camera that has the feature to pause and capture feature are expensive than Osmo 4. The Cameras like- Sony RX100 VII, Canon EOS M50 Mark II, Fujifilm X-T4, and Panasonic Lumix G9.

Ultimately, the best camera for you will depend on your budget and your needs. If you need a camera with a pause and capture feature, then you will need to choose a camera that has this feature. However, if you can live without this feature, then the DJI Osmo 4 is a great option.
2023-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules