Mavic 3 gimbal jerky when using motion controller 2
733 4 2023-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_TFDJB2nFYbXK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4472992 ft
Australia

When uing the mavic 3 with the motion controller 2 and following terrain low level the gimbal appears to either stick or is just not responding to the controller motion. Like flying low along a ridgeline following the contours. The mavic still responds to the elevation commands but it seems the gimbal doesn't respond smoothly.
I haven't noticed any problems using the RC controller.
I realise that the gimbal doesn't need to work quite the same way between the 2 controllers. Wondering if anyone else has seen glitchiness in the gimbal. An inherant limitation of the motion controller 2 maybe? Maybe I'm expecting it to be too good and accurate. Very frustrating when youve flown a mountain ridge with everything lookig awesome then...
2023-8-21
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Have you tried changing the Gimbal to FPV mode and flying?
2023-8-22
Use props
djiuser_TFDJB2nFYbXK
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Suren Posted at 8-22 11:07
Have you tried changing the Gimbal to FPV mode and flying?

With the motion controller 2 it’s always in FPV mode.
2023-8-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, djiuser_TFDJB2nFYbXK. Thank you for reaching out. Do you have any sample video showing the issue for us to further check?
2023-8-28
Use props
djiuser_TFDJB2nFYbXK
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-28 04:31
Hi, djiuser_TFDJB2nFYbXK. Thank you for reaching out. Do you have any sample video showing the issue for us to further check?

I do.
But.  I before you try and tell me it's operator error. My arm was fully supported to enable smooth movement of the motion controller. I know how you people like to blame operators for everything.
The mavic gimbal and or drone weren't responding smoothly to smooth controller commands. Link to video.
2023-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules