1996 30 2023-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Saw the below on the Chinese Forum. Now, I know it will not be working for us but just curious. Seems like it works well that side. Dji should look at options of opening this up to Countries that allow it.

165011pb6684u8l3wxwwfx.png
2023-8-21
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

2023-8-21
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

2023-8-21
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

2023-8-21
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

2023-8-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Suren. Thank you for reaching out. Regretfully, this feature of DJI Air 3 is not supported outside Mainland China and we don't have any information if this will be added in the future. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2023-8-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well I didnt see that coming,    does yours have the connections ready to go or is that just empty?
2023-8-22
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting, I haven't checked mine, but I did feel a little suspicious of that cover. Just never got around to checking it. I think I'll do that when I get home though. Wonder why it's a mainland China only thing though.
2023-8-22
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mine does have the necessary component hooks ups. The first pic shows there are two screws that needs to be loosened and then the cover will slid towards the back and off revealing the contents of the second picture, where the 4g module would connect up. Mine is the US model. Scanning the QR code takes you to a video, "First use of DJI enhanced transmission module"

2023-8-22
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

The video is in Chinese, but is easy to follow even if you can't speak Chinese.
2023-8-22
Use props
Andreja
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1085302 ft
Germany

JodyB Posted at 8-22 05:43
Mine does have the necessary component hooks ups. The first pic shows there are two screws that needs to be loosened and then the cover will slid towards the back and off revealing the contents of the second picture, where the 4g module would connect up. Mine is the US model. Scanning the QR code takes you to a video, "First use of DJI enhanced transmission module"

[view_image]

The positioning of the coax cables is a bit funny. Mine are asymmetric too, but I've seen photos where they are symmetric in their resting position.
2023-8-22
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DAFlys Posted at 8-22 02:04
Well I didnt see that coming,    does yours have the connections ready to go or is that just empty?

I don't have the Air 3 (Yet) still waiting out the new drone launch before jumping into it.
2023-8-22
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

JodyB Posted at 8-22 05:49
The video is in Chinese, but is easy to follow even if you can't speak Chinese.

From the Chinese forum it seems that there is a new 4G module that uses esim
2023-8-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

JodyB Posted at 8-22 05:43

[view_image]

Same set up on my Air 3 also Jody.  I think the problem is for DJI getting a 4G approval via the FCC.  
2023-8-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 8-22 11:02
I don't have the Air 3 (Yet) still waiting out the new drone launch before jumping into it.

Blimey,   that shocks me that you're waiting.
2023-8-23
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DAFlys Posted at 8-23 00:01
Blimey,   that shocks me that you're waiting.

Yeah, not diving into new drones anymore. It is also becoming more difficult to find good places to actually fly here, most places you end up needing permission either from land owner or someone.
2023-8-23
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-22 14:05
Same set up on my Air 3 also Jody.  I think the problem is for DJI getting a 4G approval via the FCC.

Probably so. FCC probably won't grant approval with all the Chinese consiracy stuff going on too. Just my suspicion on that subject, lol.
2023-8-24
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 8-22 11:03
From the Chinese forum it seems that there is a new 4G module that uses esim

My understanding is that it can use either esim or a physical sim.
2023-8-24
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Andreja Posted at 8-22 10:31
The positioning of the coax cables is a bit funny. Mine are asymmetric too, but I've seen photos where they are symmetric in their resting position.

Watching the video, it looks like the module will come with a clip of sorts that the two cables will clip into and then onto the module.
2023-8-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

JodyB Posted at 8-24 03:33
Probably so. FCC probably won't grant approval with all the Chinese consiracy stuff going on too. Just my suspicion on that subject, lol.

I suspect your reasoning is spot on.  There was a country in South America (Brazil maybe) that was able to use a 4G dongle on a previous DJI drone.  However, I can't remember all the details on that.  
2023-8-24
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-24 10:53
I suspect your reasoning is spot on.  There was a country in South America (Brazil maybe) that was able to use a 4G dongle on a previous DJI drone.  However, I can't remember all the details on that.

I'm sure one could be obtained in some manner, question is would it work if I took the sim out of a cell phone and put it in there. Hmmm, might make for an interesting experiment. I doubt it would work though as it would probably be looking for LTE frequencies that mainland China uses.
2023-8-25
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

In fact, I'm actually finding listings for them on Ebay. Costs around $180-190 US dollars though.
2023-8-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

JodyB Posted at 8-25 06:54
I'm sure one could be obtained in some manner, question is would it work if I took the sim out of a cell phone and put it in there. Hmmm, might make for an interesting experiment. I doubt it would work though as it would probably be looking for LTE frequencies that mainland China uses.

No doubt there would be a frequency mismatch.  I think it would be great if DJI pursued opening up that option outside mainland China.  Doubt it will ever happen though.
2023-8-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

JodyB Posted at 8-25 07:00
In fact, I'm actually finding listings for them on Ebay. Costs around $180-190 US dollars though.

Wouldn't it be nice to find out what LTE frequencies they operate at.  
2023-8-25
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-25 07:03
Wouldn't it be nice to find out what LTE frequencies they operate at.

The previous version dongles worked outside China for a while, I had it working in New Zealand for me in the RC Pro and Drone and worked well but Dji closed that down for us after a few months.
2023-8-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 8-25 13:15
The previous version dongles worked outside China for a while, I had it working in New Zealand for me in the RC Pro and Drone and worked well but Dji closed that down for us after a few months.

Good to know that you had it working Suren.  Sad that DJI closed that out for pilots outside mainland China.
2023-8-26
Use props
Leorex
lvl.2
Flight distance : 225335 ft

South Africa

DJI Gamora Posted at 2023-8-21 21:15
Hi, Suren. Thank you for reaching out. Regretfully, this feature of DJI Air 3 is not supported outside Mainland China and we don't have any information if this will be added in the future. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.

Hi I Have found that these are for sale here in South Africa, will it work? Have seen some videos of it working in other countries.
Another thing would it be possible to use this to connect an Rtk module or at least power it? image_file__27259.jpg image_file__16865.jpg

2-27 11:27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Leorex Posted at 2-27 11:27
Hi I Have found that these are for sale here in South Africa, will it work? Have seen some videos of it working in other countries.
Another thing would it be possible to use this to connect an Rtk module or at least power it?[view_image][view_image]

Hi, Leorex. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Cellular/4G dongle/eSIM is only available and works in Mainland China.
2-29 07:34
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I have the DJI dongle mounted in my DJI RC Pro and it works just fine, however the other dongle will not work on the aircraft. Especially in North America I cannot ever see it working here on the aircraft that is.
2-29 07:56
Use props
Leorex
lvl.2
Flight distance : 225335 ft

South Africa

Visual Air Posted at 2-29 07:56
I have the DJI dongle mounted in my DJI RC Pro and it works just fine, however the other dongle will not work on the aircraft. Especially in North America I cannot ever see it working here on the aircraft that is.

Hi thanks for the response which country are you in?
3-5 05:31
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Leorex Posted at 3-5 05:31
Hi thanks for the response which country are you in?

Canada. My plan Is with Telus. I have the dongle mounted in the DJI RC Pro and works great. Will not work on the aircraft though.
3-13 08:14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules