HDMI Board
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
solsystem7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6550331 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi, Just installed HDMI board into the my P3A controller. Turned everything on and not getting image on external HDMI Monitor, although telemetry shows. Im using an Ipad mini 2 which worked flawless up to this point. Also now getting constant disconnects from camera every few seconds. Now, I haven't updated firmware since I recieved my phantom, because it was working so well, but now would updating firmware aleviate this problem of constant disconnects and no image on external monitor? I also noticed the HDMI cover does appear to be warm to the touch? I tried doing a search, but didn't come across an answer, although I could have missed it. Thanks
2015-8-31
Use props
dmarlin247
lvl.1

United States

You have to enable multiple monitor output in the settings
2015-8-31
Use props
solsystem7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

dmarlin247 Posted at 2015-8-31 23:27
You have to enable multiple monitor output in the settings

Thanks, but yes dual monitor was activated. Also I'm getting the OSD info, but no video?
2015-8-31
Use props
solsystem7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

solsystem7@gmai Posted at 2015-9-1 00:05
Thanks, but yes dual monitor was activated. Also I'm getting the OSD info, but no video?

I believe I have a defective HDMI Board. Reinserted original board and now everything is acting normally. Camera is staying connected and I don't detect any heat coming from back of controller. I hope if the board was bad, no damage was done to the controller as a result. Now I wonder how long it will be after I return the bad board and receive a new one?.....I would think there would be some degree of quality control, but now I'm a bit concerned....
2015-8-31
Use props
suqsid.bobmail
lvl.3

United States

solsystem7@gmai Posted at 2015-9-1 03:45
I believe I have a defective HDMI Board. Reinserted original board and now everything is acting no ...

Perhaps you didn't install it just right the first time?

Have only seen it installed on video, but it looked like it could be easy to not get the connections perfect.

Try it again before sending it back.
2015-9-1
Use props
solsystem7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

suqsid.bobmail Posted at 2015-9-1 09:32
Perhaps you didn't install it just right the first time?

Have only seen it installed on video, bu ...

I think I may have made some progress. I was reading on another RC Forum about someone having similar problems. After they upgraded firmware everything was fine. I have since upgraded all my firmware and will reinstall board to see if that made the difference. Thanks for your response.
2015-9-1
Use props
solsystem7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

solsystem7@gmai Posted at 2015-9-1 10:02
I think I may have made some progress. I was reading on another RC Forum about someone having simi ...

Reinstalled HDMI Board after updating firmware and still the same problem. I do get video on my external monitor now, but image on ipad mini 2 keeps blinking off and on and stating disconnected although the image on the monitor remains constant.?????  Has anyone come across this? Thanks I did put back in original board and everything is ok again????
2015-9-1
Use props
solsystem7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

solsystem7@gmai Posted at 2015-9-1 10:02
I think I may have made some progress. I was reading on another RC Forum about someone having simi ...

Reinstalled HDMI Board after updating firmware and still the same problem. I do get video on my external monitor now, but image on ipad mini 2 keeps blinking off and on and stating disconnected although the image on the monitor remains constant.?????  Has anyone come across this? Thanks I did put back in original board and everything is ok again????
2015-9-1
Use props
jakek
lvl.2

United States

solsystem7@gmai Posted at 2015-9-1 14:42
Reinstalled HDMI Board after updating firmware and still the same problem. I do get video on my ex ...

On mine I had to upgrade the firmware AFTER installing the HDMI board.  Try that.
2015-9-13
Use props
solsystem7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

jakek Posted at 2015-9-13 20:12
On mine I had to upgrade the firmware AFTER installing the HDMI board.  Try that.

Called DJI and they thought it might be defective? So I sent it back but they said it would be 2-3 weeks before they would be able to swap it.....so I went ahead and purchased another one from a dealer, which I wish I would have done initially....the people at DJI were helpful, so no complaint with their customer service...
2015-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules