Maiden Flight in Dubai
2208 14 2015-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rohit.central
lvl.1
  • >>>
France

I got a Brand New Phantom 3 Professional as a gift from my wife on my Birthday, yesterday. This is my first time flying a Quadcopter Drone and I was a little apprehensive with the Multiple Warnings that popped up instantly the moment I powered it up.

But It was when I had not read the Manual through.

Having done that, I can say that the folks in DJI have done a wonderful job of putting this thing togehter.
The Firmware update worked like a dream the moment I put in the SD Card in the Drone with the PAckage and later a USB into the Remote.
Seemless.
The first flight was crude since I could not figure out what to focus on the, FPV on the Tablet or the Quadcopter in the Air.
20 Minutes and one Recharge later, I am flying it like a Pro and editing works like a dream on the DJI App

I am a little confused on the Local regulations and laws in Dubai (U.A.E) on the Copters but I am getting around it too. Meanwhile, end of this month I am going to take a 500 Kms. journey, a road trip and going to film some of the best, unknown locations in U.A.E and Oman.
The Channel on YouTube is LIVE.
And I am looking forward to get some Comments and Ideas from the Forum here which can help me plan ahead.
Ordered a Case, 3 Batteries, some Filters and a Gimbal Gaurd already and hopefully I am all set.

Looking forward to talk to some enthusiasts along the way.
This sure feels like a dream even now.
Thank you DJI....

My YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfi3LNGdWI6S-BXwjO3dpqQ
2015-8-31
Use props
Mudcon
lvl.3

United States

Dang, Dubai!!!!   I have always wanted to go there.  That place just amazes me what they have been able to do with sand.... very beautiful place at night.
2015-9-1
Use props
niels.p.anderso
New

Latvia

Law No. 07 of 2015 on aviation safety in the Emirate of Dubai

I would be very nervous flying a drone within the Dubai Emirate right now.  I have experience reading aviation legal documents but am not a lawyer.  Consult one if you feel the need.  From the UAEInteract English website, it states that the Dubai Civil Aviation Authority is responsible for designating locations where drones are allowed in the Emirate.  That implies that they are illegal to operate in areas not designated.  The DCAA hasn't designated any areas yet that I'm aware of.

Taking my P3P out of the country this week for it's maiden flight.  :-)
2015-9-1
Use props
Rohit_Dubai
lvl.1
  • >>>
France

niels.p.anderso Posted at 2015-9-2 06:46
Law No. 07 of 2015 on aviation safety in the Emirate of Dubai

I would be very nervous flying a dron ...

Thank you Niels,

I did some research and like you I am no Lawyer but an Engineer. Nevertheless, this has left me even more confused than ever.

Look at this one article here in Gulf Today, where the Ruler of Dubai is encouraging people on coming up with innovative ideas. They are even considering use of Drones for the Commercial Gov. services.

http://gulftoday.ae/portal/22463 ... f-301025f4ca25.aspx

Then there is an article which says that there is a new law coming to "Regulate" the use of drones and I looked all over the Govt. Websites and there is nothing.

http://www.thenational.ae/busine ... se-of-drones-in-uae

I am sure the "Irresponsible" fliers who interfere in areas with commercial air traffic naturally has to stop but then what about people flying just under 300 ft. for only recreational purposes?

Anyway, I will continue to dig deeper.
I am myself planning a Road Trip to Musandam and hopefully have a free flight there. Where are you headed out to?
2015-9-1
Use props
niels.p.anderso
New

Latvia

Rohit_Dubai Posted at 2015-9-2 09:04
Thank you Niels,

I did some research and like you I am no Lawyer but an Engineer. Nevertheless, t ...

I also read some more.  From what I can tell, they're illegal to operate in Dubai and Abu Dhabi but the other Emirates haven't implemented laws that I've been able to find.  It is now illegal to sell drones in Abu Dhbai.  

Truth is, no matter where you fly in the UAE, you run the risk of having to defend yourself against serious security charges.  You never know where an area might be considered sensitive for national security.  Until Dubai comes up with designated safe fly zones, I'm going to keep flying the simulator.  

Heading to Moldova to check on our businesses there.  That'll take half a day.  Then I'll have over a week to play with the P3P.  :-)
2015-9-2
Use props
Rohit_Dubai
lvl.1
  • >>>
France

niels.p.anderso Posted at 2015-9-2 10:36
I also read some more.  From what I can tell, they're illegal to operate in Dubai and Abu Dhabi bu ...

Ok This just became a nightmare.
I wrote to the UAE General Civil Aviation Authority and they responded back saying that they do now allow UAV's with Camera's in UAE.  
Check this out :

"Greetings
Current UAE Regulations do not permit Private Operators of Drones – UAVs – RPAV to operate with cameras within UAE.
See attached Regulations CAR PART VIII Subpart 10

More details regarding UAS Approvals may be found on the GCAA Website www.gcaa.gov.aeI have attached the Regulations here for anyone who needs to go through it.

Now, I am sad and disappointed
Every time I fly my drone, I cannot head out to a foreign country !!!! This is just insane!
2015-9-2
Use props
Rohit_Dubai
lvl.1
  • >>>
France

niels.p.anderso Posted at 2015-9-2 10:36
I also read some more.  From what I can tell, they're illegal to operate in Dubai and Abu Dhabi bu ...

You have fun on your Trip though buddy and hope to see some nice clips on your return
2015-9-2
Use props
niels.p.anderso
New

Latvia

Rohit_Dubai Posted at 2015-9-2 12:07
You have fun on your Trip though buddy and hope to see some nice clips on your return

The GCAA regulates all airspace over the UAE so we have our answer.  Everything in it's own time.  Eventually, I believe designated areas will be set up but we may have to wait a long while.  Think I'm going to leave mine in Moldova to avoid temptation.  ;-)
2015-9-2
Use props
ayasdxb
New

United Arab Emirates

Hi Rohit and Niels,

Like you guys, I am a resident of Dubai.
I did a research on the use of drones here.
Here is something that i found on DCAA website.

https://www.dcaa.gov.ae/Files/UA ... 20with%20arabic.pdf

It doesn't say we cant fly it. I guess its allowed in safe areas as long as its in our control.
I just got my phantom this week. Wants to take it out this weekend for a practice.
But for sure, I know its banned in Abu Dhabi.
2015-10-1
Use props
Rohit_Dubai
lvl.1
  • >>>
France

ayasdxb Posted at 2015-10-1 11:36
Hi Rohit and Niels,

Like you guys, I am a resident of Dubai.

Hi Ayas,

Well, first congratulations on opening a whole new doors to the Possibilities in Photography with your new Drone.

I think by now you would know there is a BIG Grey Area on the Regulations. I spoke directly with the Civil Aviation guys and was told in CLEAR Terms that the Drones with Cameras are not allowed in the UAE, no exceptions.

Now, there is no Clear Guidelines on this so be careful!
My personal Rule : DO NOT Fly in the cities
NEVER Capture PEOPLE you do not know in the Camera! EVER!!!!!
And last, but most important, avoid flying in the UAE

I have heard of people getting into serious trouble just because they were flying out in the most isolated areas even!

Personally, I just take my baby to vacations with me and Europe is the Best when it comes to that
2015-12-16
Use props
twbigshap
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Rohit_Dubai Posted at 2015-9-2 09:07
Ok This just became a nightmare.
I wrote to the UAE General Civil Aviation Authority and they resp ...

Thanks for this information. May be going to dubai and was thinking of bringing my Inspire.
2016-3-23
Use props
Rob_stal
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1243038 ft
Australia

Don't forget to condition your batteries, avoid flying more than 50% for the first 10 charge cycles.
This will extend the battery life and also improve battery performance, there are a few posts on battery maintenance have a read they are quite helpful.

Congrats on the new bird and happy flying!
2016-3-23
Use props
sinbad_uk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117343 ft
United Kingdom

Welcome to the club Rohit !  
2016-3-23
Use props
Rohit_Dubai
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Rob_stal Posted at 2016-3-23 18:53
Don't forget to condition your batteries, avoid flying more than 50% for the first 10 charge cycles. ...

Thank you so much
2016-7-31
Use props
Rohit_Dubai
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

sinbad_uk@ntlwo Posted at 2016-3-23 19:36
Welcome to the club Rohit !

Thank you so much
2016-7-31
Use props