DJI Pocket 2 Wobbly Video Issue
808 14 2023-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scho7623
lvl.2
United States

I recently noticed this issue, but apparently this issue has been going on for a while. I've recorded a video a few months ago, and now I'm reviewing them for edit, and I noticed some video footages are having this weird wobbly effect. Things I've already tried to get rid of this issue:
  • Checked the hardware firmware version: v01.03.00.10
  • Camera Firmware: 0.00.00.01, 01.30.54.6
  • Gimbal Firmware: 0.04.09.07, 02.00.15.74
  • Control Stick Firmware: 01.00.06.07
  • Handle Firmware: 01.00.12.15
  • Gimbol calibration with Pocket 2 itself and via DJI Mimo app
  • Factory reset

But none of these steps fixed the issue. What am I missing? What more can I do to fix this issue? I wish I can send this back, but my 2 year DJI Care Refresh just ended. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2023-8-22
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Was the Pocket 2 on a tripod, on a table, on top of a pier or something else? What stabilization mode were you using?

This is purely a guess, but if the platform the Pocket 2 was standing on was stable, and you had either the Tilt Lock Mode or complete Gimbal Lock on, then it could be that the gimbal has damaged in a way that causes it to jitter a little, causing the said effect. That is only my first impression from the footage and I may well be wrong, but just my five cents.
2023-8-22
Use props
scho7623
lvl.2
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 8-22 12:56
Was the Pocket 2 on a tripod, on a table, on top of a pier or something else? What stabilization mode were you using?

This is purely a guess, but if the platform the Pocket 2 was standing on was stable, and you had either the Tilt Lock Mode or complete Gimbal Lock on, then it could be that the gimbal has damaged in a way that causes it to jitter a little, causing the said effect. That is only my first impression from the footage and I may well be wrong, but just my five cents.

Thanks for your response. I was holding the Pocket 2 with my hand. It wasn't on a tripod, on a table, or on top of a pier. I always use "Follow" mode when I'm recording.
2023-8-22
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

scho7623 Posted at 8-22 12:59
Thanks for your response. I was holding the Pocket 2 with my hand. It wasn't on a tripod, on a table, or on top of a pier. I always use "Follow" mode when I'm recording.

Does the issue repeat if the Pocket 2 is on a stable surface (such as a tripod) and you set the stabilization mode to Tilt Locked?

I do think that jitter still shouldn't occur if held in hand stable, but just to rule other options out.
2023-8-22
Use props
scho7623
lvl.2
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 8-22 13:02
Does the issue repeat if the Pocket 2 is on a stable surface (such as a tripod) and you set the stabilization mode to Tilt Locked?

I do think that jitter still shouldn't occur if held in hand stable, but just to rule other options out.

I just tried with the Pocket 2 on a tripod with "Tilt Locked" mode, but the issue still persists. Any other suggestions?
2023-8-22
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

scho7623 Posted at 8-22 13:21
I just tried with the Pocket 2 on a tripod with "Tilt Locked" mode, but the issue still persists. Any other suggestions?

Is the gimbal head with the camera in contact with some other surface? I have noticed that sometimes, my Pocket 2's gimbal head starts to vibrate when it is in contact with another surface.

Other than that, I can't get any other ideas, if the gimbal calibration on a standstill surface doesn't help. It could be that it would need to be inspected and repaired.
2023-8-22
Use props
scho7623
lvl.2
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 8-22 13:26
Is the gimbal head with the camera in contact with some other surface? I have noticed that sometimes, my Pocket 2's gimbal head starts to vibrate when it is in contact with another surface.

Other than that, I can't get any other ideas, if the gimbal calibration on a standstill surface doesn't help. It could be that it would need to be inspected and repaired.

No, the camera is not in contact with anything. It does not touch anything when this issue is happening. What is the best way to have someone inspect my Pocket 2 and repair?
2023-8-22
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

scho7623 Posted at 8-22 13:29
No, the camera is not in contact with anything. It does not touch anything when this issue is happening. What is the best way to have someone inspect my Pocket 2 and repair?

I don't know precisely how the DJI Support works in the US, but I could imagine there being some authorized resellers and service points who could possibly advise you. And, at least, you could contact DJI support through their website and ask how you should proceed with camera.

Maybe one of the representatives here could contact you here and give their helping hand?

Good luck in checking it out!
2023-8-22
Use props
scho7623
lvl.2
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 8-22 13:33
I don't know precisely how the DJI Support works in the US, but I could imagine there being some authorized resellers and service points who could possibly advise you. And, at least, you could contact DJI support through their website and ask how you should proceed with camera.

Maybe one of the representatives here could contact you here and give their helping hand?

Thanks, I really appreciate it. I really hope DJI support team can help me with this issue. I'm just so frustrated that a lot of video footages I took over the past few months are ruined because of this issue...
2023-8-22
Use props
scho7623
lvl.2
United States

DJI Support team, how do I inquire about repair for this issue? I've been looking for an option to reach out to the support team, but I couldn't. Please reach out to me and help.
2023-8-22
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

scho7623 Posted at 8-22 13:35
Thanks, I really appreciate it. I really hope DJI support team can help me with this issue. I'm just so frustrated that a lot of video footages I took over the past few months are ruined because of this issue...

Easy to understand why you are frustrated about it. I would be very annoyed too if that happened to me.

I checked out some information at https://www.dji.com/fi/service/repair/centers (The "fi" in the address refers to Finland, I think the address would redirect you to a corresponding US site or you could replace the "fi" with "us" or something similar) and found out there that the email address to DJI North America support is support.us@dji.com. Maybe you could contact them through that? Also, some forum representatives have mentioned a link at http://www.dji.com/support where you could possibly get further information.

Good luck with getting the issue solved!
2023-8-22
Use props
scho7623
lvl.2
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 8-22 14:11
Easy to understand why you are frustrated about it. I would be very annoyed too if that happened to me.

I checked out some information at https://www.dji.com/fi/service/repair/centers (The "fi" in the address refers to Finland, I think the address would redirect you to a corresponding US site or you could replace the "fi" with "us" or something similar) and found out there that the email address to DJI North America support is support.us@dji.com. Maybe you could contact them through that? Also, some forum representatives have mentioned a link at http://www.dji.com/support where you could possibly get further information.

Thanks a lot. I'll send them an email directly.
2023-8-22
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

scho7623 Posted at 8-22 14:13
Thanks a lot. I'll send them an email directly.

No problem, I hope you get the Pocket 2 up and running fine again.
2023-8-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

scho7623 Posted at 8-22 13:41
DJI Support team, how do I inquire about repair for this issue? I've been looking for an option to reach out to the support team, but I couldn't. Please reach out to me and help.

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. You can submit a repair request using the following link: https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav. Select "Request Repair Service Online", and provide the requested information and follow the prompts. From the same link, if you scroll down until you see "Contact Us", it should show the information for getting in touch with our live support. Have a great day ahead.
2023-8-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

How did it end up?
2023-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now