C1 button goes independent
621 8 2023-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
noblejeanz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 443648 ft

Germany

A few days ago my Mini 3 Pro started changing the gimbal position from 0 to 90 degrees and back again and again - at first I suspected the gimbal itself, but then I tried putting the FPV mode on the C1 button instead of the gimbal, since then the gimbal holds still, but the drone keeps changing between FPV and normal mode. So my C1 button is damaged - have any of you had this happen before or is this a rare warranty issue?
2023-8-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Can you please confirm what specific remote controller are you using? Please try to perform the RC calibration to further isolate the issue. If you could provide us a short screen recording showing the issue that would be very helpful. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-8-23
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you press the button can you feel it move and click?  I am sort of asking if the actual button could be jammed in the pressed position.
2023-8-23
Use props
noblejeanz
lvl.4

Germany

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 8-23 22:13
If you press the button can you feel it move and click?  I am sort of asking if the actual button could be jammed in the pressed position.

Yes, C1 feels, moves and sounds like C2.
2023-8-23
Use props
noblejeanz
lvl.4

Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-23 21:51
Hi there. Can you please confirm what specific remote controller are you using? Please try to perform the RC calibration to further isolate the issue. If you could provide us a short screen recording showing the issue that would be very helpful. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Hi,
it's the RC Controller with screen, RC calibration did not help (and only calibrates joysticks and wheels, not buttons I think) and here is a short screen recording:

C1 as FPV switch at around 30 sek,
C1 as gimbal 90 degree switch at around 1:25min

If I'm not mistaken, you can trigger the error quite reliably by moving the controller in your hand, as if there might be a cold solder joint or a loose contact inside that is triggered by this.

2023-8-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

noblejeanz Posted at 8-23 23:18
Hi,
it's the RC Controller with screen, RC calibration did not help (and only calibrates joysticks and wheels, not buttons I think) and here is a short screen recording:
Screen Recording RC Controller

Thank you for keeping us posted. We're sorry for the trouble. I'm afraid that you may consider sending the RC in for a proper diagnosis. You may contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support .  Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-8-24
Use props
noblejeanz
lvl.4

Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-24 03:22
Thank you for keeping us posted. We're sorry for the trouble. I'm afraid that you may consider sending the RC in for a proper diagnosis. You may contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support .  Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Hi, a few days ago I received a new controller (warranty). Good customer service!
2023-11-15
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

that's good to hear.
2023-11-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

noblejeanz Posted at 11-15 05:23
Hi, a few days ago I received a new controller (warranty). Good customer service!

We appreciate your feedback. We're glad that you already received your new replacement controller. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules