ActiveTrack 6.0 only tracks face and not body + stops following
2406 4 2023-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_bSCFyTQdeylr
lvl.1

France

Dear DJI Support Team,,

Firstly, I must emphasize that I, like many others in the community, highly value the potential of the ActiveTrack feature for recording dynamic movements and activities.

However, I have noticed a significant limitation in its current functionality. While attempting to utilize ActiveTrack to record myself, I have found that the feature tends to focus solely on tracking my face, disregarding the rest of my body's movements. Same with the Object Tracking when I try to draw a rectangle around me: even if I select my whole body, it just focuses on my face.

This becomes particularly problematic for activities such as dancing, where my body frequently assumes various orientations – horizontal, vertical, and even upside down.

The Active Tracking functionality becomes unreliable and eventually ceases:
- when my head deviates from an exact vertical orientation, or
- when my face is not detected for just a few seconds. (It'd be nice if it kept trying to find my face even after it'd lost me -- or as suggested here, just follow my body and not look only for my face)

I implore you to consider the widespread desire for a comprehensive body tracking feature, as evidenced by multiple requests spanning several years:

Likewise, the face recognition functionality requires urgent attention. The feature tends to disengage if it fails to detect a face for a brief period, leading to interruptions in the tracking process. This issue has been brought to your attention over the years:

I must also draw your attention to the promotional statements made on your website regarding the capabilities of the Osmo Mobile 6. While the promises of seamless subject tracking, obstacle avoidance, and rapid movement tracking are indeed enticing, my personal experience contradicts these claims. The inability to effectively track my body's movements and the frequent disengagement of tracking when my face isn't detected align poorly with these advertised features.

As a loyal customer who has invested in your product with high expectations, I am now left with doubts and uncertainties about the functionality I was promised. I kindly request information regarding any upcoming updates or improvements that address these issues. Transparency and open communication about the steps being taken to enhance the ActiveTrack and Object Tracking features would greatly reassure me and other users who share similar concerns.

I understand the challenges of product development and appreciate your dedication to delivering high-quality tools for content creation. Your timely response to this matter would not only restore my confidence in your brand but also help foster a more loyal user community.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I eagerly await your response.

Best regards,

Ange
2023-8-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. We acknowledge that we have received the same concerns and suggestions from other DJI Pilots before. What we will do is continue to record such feedback and ensure that it reaches our related team. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. We hope this will be considered soon. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.
2023-8-25
Use props
fans35941f4f
New

United States

Ange, thank you for the detailed breakdown of the issue. I just got the Osmo 6 and I'm super disappointed. Wish I had found this post first to save myself the trouble!
2023-11-12
Use props
OsmAnge
lvl.1

France

fans35941f4f Posted at 11-12 03:37
Ange, thank you for the detailed breakdown of the issue. I just got the Osmo 6 and I'm super disappointed. Wish I had found this post first to save myself the trouble!

You're welcome! Thank you for commenting, maybe they will include a real body tracking in the future...
2023-11-12
Use props
KlainMain
New

Cyprus

Have exactly the same problem, trying to use it for fiming a basketall game and jumping fron Yellow uniform , to yellow uniform person (guys within the same team get closed to each other). Which mobile phone are you using?
2023-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules