How to store flight record data on SD card?
1132 11 2023-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WillD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 378930 ft
United States

All,
I am getting the "Flight Record Storage Limit Reached" message. I am using the RC controller not my phone. I installed a 256GB SD card, but can't figure out how to make the RC use the 256GB SD card instead of internal storage for flight records. I do not want my flight records stored in the cloud. How do I solve this problem?

Thanks,
Bill

2023-8-24
Use props
Outpost6E
lvl.4
Germany

You may want to copy the files to your hard disk on your computer or any other external storage and then of course delete them from your controller.
2023-8-24
Use props
Pleomax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 835725 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Bill

Move the stored flight records manually to either your SD card or your computer.

Moving to your computer is the best option for safe keeping these files.

This link will instruct you how to move flight records.

https://forum.phantomhelp.com/t/ ... ote-controller/7756

2023-8-24
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12566335 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Bill,

You cannot change the default setting (flightlogs to internal memory) to save flightlogs to the SD card.

Just connect the RC to a computer via USB -C and xfer file from the RC to PC.

cheers
JJB
2023-8-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. This prompt means that the DJI RC is full locally and reminds you to upload the flight record to the cloud. Please upload the flight record to the cloud, and avoid previous local flight records being cleared. If you want to dismiss the prompt, after ensuring that the flight records are uploaded to the cloud, manually clear the flight record cache; or connect the DJI RC to the Internet, if the flight records are successfully synchronized to the server, the prompt stops showing up (This prompt is just a reminder, not an error message, which is mainly to remind users to upload flight records). Please note that when the storage is full, the new flight records will automatically overwrite the old data, please connect the DJI RC to the internet to synchronize the flight records. Thank you.
2023-8-25
Use props
WillD
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-25 02:02
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. This prompt means that the DJI RC is full locally and reminds you to upload the flight record to the cloud. Please upload the flight record to the cloud, and avoid previous local flight records being cleared. If you want to dismiss the prompt, after ensuring that the flight records are uploaded to the cloud, manually clear the flight record cache; or connect the DJI RC to the Internet, if the flight records are successfully synchronized to the server, the prompt stops showing up (This prompt is just a reminder, not an error message, which is mainly to remind users to upload flight records). Please note that when the storage is full, the new flight records will automatically overwrite the old data, please connect the DJI RC to the internet to synchronize the flight records. Thank you.

Thank you for the reply. The Upload Now button on that message brings me to the Flight Data Center and shows no means of uploading. Also, when you say cloud, there is more than one cloud (Google Drive, One Drive, AWS, etc.). Is there a default cloud that the controller is supposed to upload to? I've been through all the menus I can find and I don't see any means of configuring a cloud account and uploading flight data. I can't even get to the flight data center unless that Flight Data Full Message is on the screen.
2023-8-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

WillD Posted at 8-26 06:25
Thank you for the reply. The Upload Now button on that message brings me to the Flight Data Center and shows no means of uploading. Also, when you say cloud, there is more than one cloud (Google Drive, One Drive, AWS, etc.). Is there a default cloud that the controller is supposed to upload to? I've been through all the menus I can find and I don't see any means of configuring a cloud account and uploading flight data. I can't even get to the flight data center unless that Flight Data Full Message is on the screen.

Thank you for your response. Once the flight records are already synced to the cloud, it means that it is already uploaded to the DJI server. You may also follow the suggestions of our co-pilots above about connecting the RC to the computer and transferring the files.

On the flight record page, we can confirm if the flight records are uploaded to the cloud via the cloud icon on the right. If there is only a cloud icon, it means the upload has been successful. If there is an arrow in the cloud icon, it means it has not been uploaded to the cloud, as shown in the figure below:

2023-8-27
Use props
WillD
lvl.1
United States

Thank you for that, but I'm still stumped. Can you help with the following questions?

1 - How do I get to the flight data center after the RC is powered up?
2 - There is no upload button in the flight data center, so how do I start the upload?
3 - How do I delete the files after they are uploaded?

2023-8-27
Use props
WillD
lvl.1
United States

Can anyone answer these questions?
2023-8-28
Use props
Pleomax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 835725 ft
United Kingdom

I do not want my flight records stored in the cloud. How do I solve this problem?

Quote from your first post which was answered 3 times.

Do you now want to upload your flight records to the cloud?
2023-8-29
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12566335 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

WillD Posted at 8-27 05:47
Thank you for that, but I'm still stumped. Can you help with the following questions?

just connect your RC to a PC.
RC will show in a file manager.

simple and quick way to delete files or copy/paste to the PC.

cheers
JJB
2023-8-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

WillD Posted at 8-27 05:47

Sorry for the late response. For you to access the Flight Data Center you need to go to DJI Fly App > Profile > More (you may refer to the image below). In addition, you may enable the auto-sync feature under DJI Fly APP > Profile > Settings > Sync Flight Data to sync the flight data to the cloud automatically over Wi-Fi. Lastly, you may connect your DJI RC to your computer and access the flight records folder to delete the flight records. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules