RID's Day of Reckoning is less than a Month out, will DJI Re-Enab...
680 3 2023-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LoudThunder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 843950 ft
United States

When I bought my DJI Mini 2 about 2-years ago, there was an option for Remote Identification at the bottom of the Safety Menu.  At the time, I did not open it other than to see the options…  

After a couple of updates to the DJI Fly App, the Remote Identification Option was disabled and after a few more updates, the Remote Identification Option even disappeared from the Safety Menu…

Then, about a year ago in Auust 2022, DJI Fly App Version 1.6.12 came out and it enabled Remote Identification in the Japanese Model of the Mini 2.  I know this model is a somewhat different, but I believe it is mainly the smaller battery which weighs less…

So, if we originally had the capability for Remote Identification in the Mini 2 and the Japanese model has it as required by Japanese Law, I do not know why it cannot again be enabled so that those of us who use their Mini 2 in Part 107 Commercial Operations should have to purchase a separate RID module.

Does anyone think DJI will re-enable RID in the Mini 2 for us Part 107 Pilots?

Safety -- Remote ID.jpg
Remote ID Screen.jpg
2023-8-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That remote ID was for Aeroscope and not the USA standard RID.    There is a discussion about whats getting RID updates in this thread - https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &extra=page%3D1
2023-8-26
Use props
LoudThunder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 843950 ft
United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-26 02:26
That remote ID was for Aeroscope and not the USA standard RID.    There is a discussion about whats getting RID updates in this thread - https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=293343&extra=page%3D1

Thank you for the quick reply.  I understand now that the Aeroscope transmissions did not meet the FAA RID requirements.
2023-8-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LoudThunder Posted at 8-26 08:14
Thank you for the quick reply.  I understand now that the Aeroscope transmissions did not meet the FAA RID requirements.

No Probs,   It seems that Mini2 wont get FAA RID anytime soon if ever.
2023-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules