Tracking a Boat
1103 10 2023-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PROEDGEBIKER
lvl.2
Flight distance : 198281 ft
United States

Has anyone tried tracking a boat yet? Heading out tonight and want to try it.
2023-8-25
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

It should just work the way the Mavic 3 does but a word of caution- tracking at night is not advisable as the OA sensors don't work in low to no light.
2023-8-25
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

Tonight? Good luck lol. Even in daytime, the mavic 3 have a hard time tracking a boat in water. Mine keep losing target a lot. Over water and at night, not the best thing to be doing but hey your drone.
2023-8-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Hope that our fellow DJI members can provide you with the best suggestion based on their experience tracking boats using ActiveTrack. Please note that the DJI Air 3 is equipped with Active track 5.0 which tracks subjects whether the aircraft is moving forward, backward, left, or right. Embedded with the newest subject recognition technology, ActiveTrack 5.0 uses multiple vision sensors simultaneously to recognize a subject, differentiate it from other objects, and lock the subject in the frame. Consumer Drone is able to track in all directions and adjust tracking angles smoothly for more natural results. Thanks to the new environment and subject sensing algorithms, Mavic 3 responds earlier to subject movements and environment information and plans a more optimum tracking route in advance to record smooth and stable footage. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Have a nice day ahead.
2023-8-25
Use props
PROEDGEBIKER
lvl.2
Flight distance : 198281 ft
United States

it was definitely interesting launching it from a moving boat .. LOL

2023-8-28
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

PROEDGEBIKER Posted at 8-28 04:53
it was definitely interesting launching it from a moving boat .. LOL

https://youtu.be/vwCNTUacc98?si=gZXubQHJd9p2AMSP

Launching is not so bad but landing on your own can be tricky. Practice helps but where do you start

Best option is two people and one prepared to grab the drone sharply. Below was with Air 1.
2023-8-28
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

I wouldn't have anyone unfamiliar with drones try to grab it though. Any fingers that reach past the body of the drone could get sliced by the props. It's dangerous enough on solid ground but even more so on a rocking boat.
2023-8-28
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

MisterFrag Posted at 8-28 17:38
I wouldn't have anyone unfamiliar with drones try to grab it though. Any fingers that reach past the body of the drone could get sliced by the props. It's dangerous enough on solid ground but even more so on a rocking boat.

Usually works out well but two with experience is the best and easiest way to launch and retrieve on a boat.
2023-8-29
Use props
msmoker37
lvl.1
United States

You are not suppose to fly the drone from a moving object like a bike, car, or boat. It messes with the signal between the remote and the drone. I was shooting a video once and moved 20 to 30 feet closer to the drone while the drone was hovering. the drone starting shaking in the air. I do not recommend the above.
2023-8-30
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

msmoker37 Posted at 8-30 18:04
You are not suppose to fly the drone from a moving object like a bike, car, or boat. It messes with the signal between the remote and the drone. I was shooting a video once and moved 20 to 30 feet closer to the drone while the drone was hovering. the drone starting shaking in the air. I do not recommend the above.

Nah hundreds fly drones from boats, you just need to know what you’re about.
2023-8-31
Use props
Geo_Drone
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

msmoker37 Posted at 8-30 18:04
You are not suppose to fly the drone from a moving object like a bike, car, or boat. It messes with the signal between the remote and the drone. I was shooting a video once and moved 20 to 30 feet closer to the drone while the drone was hovering. the drone starting shaking in the air. I do not recommend the above.

One reminder:
Signal loss: HOOVER ! If is RTH, you are fried.
2023-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules