Moving to DJI Osmo Action 4
619 4 2023-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skysailor64
Second Officer
United States

OK...I recently sold my DJI Osmo Action 3 which was working just fine as designed but was my 4th or 5th unit in less than a year  After seeng the first rush of videos created by the DJI Osmo Action 4 I could not justify staying with the 3.  The videos are clearly sharper and more detailed than I have been getting from my 3.  I just placed an Amazon order for a new Action 4 and fingers crossed will have a better experience than I have had over the past year with the 3.  I think the 3 is amazing but I have the early adopter desease and am making the move based upon what I see as real improvement and the Amazon return policy being a solid situation! Fingers crossed regarding the overheating reports Cheers to everyone and perhaps I'll see you on the Osmo Action 4 forum.
2023-8-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, skysailor64. Thank you for your continued support on the DJI products, should you need further assistance with the Osmo Action 4 once you receive it, please let us know. Have a nice day!
2023-8-26
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As you probably know, I switched and really don’t regret it. The biggest issue is possibly the heating up for people videoing for long periods. Especially at high frame rate.
I am really happy with the picture quality from the 4. I couldn't really settle with the 3 but that's more to do with closer focus and tiny detail. The 4 has basically replaced my GoPro because it just seems to be less touchy and nails exposure so well.

I've taken it away with me on a break and is the only camera I'm using. It just hasn't let me down; even on a beach at night!
2023-8-27
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

It doesn't sound quite reassuring when you have to "cross your fingers" to get a good product. Sounds like the case of OA3 where people were "crossing their fingers" to get a unit with good focus. With more and more heat issues being reported, dark screens, and who knows what else will surface, I'm sticking with my OA3. So far it's a good unit. Turns out, the 30-40-50cm (whatever) focus distance doesn't really bother me cuz I'm mainly using it for landscape and scenery shots.

Either way, may the 4th be with you! :-)
2023-8-27
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

I am Happy for you  Skysailor....   you will be very pleased. more or less  all of us are pleased in ways.   I may go to the dark side here one day. Just need to iron out/research more.

If I created a list Santa Be P*ssed

again congrats  thinking I will be there soon,
2023-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules