Is the drone flying diffrent when your in 1X vs 3X camera?
789 4 2023-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Joe Dawson
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1790384 ft
Canada

Obviously the way it will LOOK on the display will be very diffrent if your in 1X vs 3X.  For example I was expecting when I was using the 3X camera that if I YAW to the side I would get a very fast movement on the display because I am using a zoom camera.  But wht I am seeing looks smooth so that means my YAW rates are LOWER when in 3X zoom.  Likelwise if I tilt the camera down or up the speed it is moving in degrees feel like it is MUCH slower when I am in 3X zoom.

Does anyone know what the rate of speed decrease is in 3X for YAW and camera tilt.  

Also I am only aware of one set of YAW and camera tilt settings for each flight mode (not one for 1X and 3X).  I will have to set my 1X up a fair bit if I wan to increase my 3X YAW and tilt speed.   

Anyone else have any recomendations about this?  I was trying to follow a speedboat in 3X the weekend and found the slow YAW and camera tilt made it very hard.
2023-8-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We will coordinate this concern of yours to our relevant team for further clarification. Thank you for your patience.
2023-8-27
Use props
Joe Dawson
lvl.3
United States

I just did some testing on the bench and if I have a camera full tilt from the top position to the bottom position in using the 1X camera if that takes 11 sec.  Doing the same thing with the 3X camera will be more like 25 sec.   I don't know what the ratio is for yaw because I couldn't test that without being in the air but I assume it is another case where YAW is impacted by the lens you are using.  I know this is the way it works now but I haven't seen this documented anywhere.
2023-8-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Joe Dawson Posted at 8-28 04:18
I just did some testing on the bench and if I have a camera full tilt from the top position to the bottom position in using the 1X camera if that takes 11 sec.  Doing the same thing with the 3X camera will be more like 25 sec.   I don't know what the ratio is for yaw because I couldn't test that without being in the air but I assume it is another case where YAW is impacted by the lens you are using.  I know this is the way it works now but I haven't seen this documented anywhere.

That's completely normal.
With the Mavic 3 pro with three cameras, it has three different yaw speeds.
Rotating the drone with the longest lens is the slowest.
2023-8-28
Use props
Joe Dawson
lvl.3
Canada

Then we should have 3 settings for YAW and camera tilt speed for each camera so you can adjust them as you require.
2023-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules