'Water Flow' distortion in video?
569 7 2023-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Steve76063
lvl.1
Flight distance : 89780 ft
United States

My Mavic 2's been idle for about a year, and when I took it out to shoot some video of my roof, I noticed some strange distortion in the video - it almost looks like water is flowing over the video?
The video's too large to attach, so here's a link to it: Distortion.mp4

Hopefully you can see the issue I'm seeing, and tell me what's wrong, and more importantly, how to fix it.  Thanks in advance for any help you can offer me.

Steve

Edit:  Well, the link didn't work...lets try it again: Distortion Videoand if that doesn't work, here's the URL:  https://1drv.ms/v/s!Aq43fz2WDMnwnftd9Vp-fK4l4YjG1g?e=gs31CA

2023-8-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello there. Sorry about the inconvenience. I will refer your video to our relevant team for checking. I will keep you posted. Have a great day ahead.
2023-8-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for patiently waiting. We are not seeing the flowing-water-like distortion in the video. Are you maybe talking about the motion blur?
2023-8-28
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

I have watched the video fullscreen on a good computer monitor, and I do not see the distortion you describe.
2023-8-29
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Are we talking about the video's very low bitrate here? Also, you might have been shooting at 1/30 shutter (looks like a late evening, so low light low light which you've had to slow the shutter), which can cause a washy look when turning the drone. Can't see anything except those points.

If you're using a bad SD card and the write speed is low, then you may experience this.
2023-8-29
Use props
Steve76063
lvl.1
United States

I found my problem...it's my default video player!  I replayed the same video using VLC, and it was crystal clear!  Sorry for doubting DJI.
2023-8-29
Use props
Steve76063
lvl.1
United States

ArcticPhoto Posted at 8-29 00:35
I have watched the video fullscreen on a good computer monitor, and I do not see the distortion you describe.

I found my problem...it's my default video player!  I replayed the same video using VLC, and it was crystal clear!  Sorry for doubting DJI.
2023-8-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Steve76063 Posted at 8-29 05:10

Awesome. Seems like the issue has already been found. If you have further concerns, you can always reach back. Have a great day ahead.
2023-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules