Can't connect my phone to RC
6119 22 2023-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_H6RP6p66LUXn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 884708 ft
Greece

Hello, i have a new dji mini 3 and i have huge problem trying to connect the RC to my phone (Xiaomi Redmi 11s), there is constantly connected/disconnected every 1 sec so i cannot fly at all. I need to note

1) there is NO Problem with the cable, the same cable with other phone work perfect with the RC.

2) When i connect my phone to my laptop it works normally

So i dont know where is the problem i have try everything i could think, any advice?

I have post a video to YouTube so y can see more clearly the disconnection problem here it is:

2023-8-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello there. Sorry about the inconvenience. Can you please try the steps below and see if it will help:
1.     Restart the remote controller. Please restart/reinstall the App (Ensure the latest App version is used). Unplug and reinsert the cable.
2.     If your mobile device uses an Android operating system, please turn on the USB debugging and select the charging-only mode.
3.     Check whether the copper sheets in the Type-C port of the remote controller are warped. If so, please send back the product for repair. (The copper sheets are easily damaged for inclined unplugging and insertion. Please plug and unplug the cable vertically.)
  Normal Type-C port (The upper and lower rows’ copper sheets are attached to the center part inside the port, which is not warped.)
  Malfunctioning Type-C port (The two copper sheets of the lower row inside the remote controller port are warped.)
If the above troubleshooting solutions are all detected to be normal, continue with the following step:
4.     Verify the reversibility of the Type-c port insertion and check whether the wire is abnormal:
As for Type-C to Type-C adapter cable of the remote controller:
Try to plug one end of the cable with the remote icon into the mobile phone, and another side to the remote controller. Plug the port in the same direction as the storage (can be stored), and plug upside down for further try (cannot be stored).
5. If no option for connection is prompted after an Android mobile phone is connected to the remote controller, it is recommended to connect the mobile phone to a computer to test if the connection will be successful. If not, it is recommended to contact the mobile phone’s manufacturer for tests and maintenance. Before connecting the mobile phone to the remote controller again, make sure that it can be connected to a computer.
I understand some notes have already been tried but I still included it for the others. Please keep me posted. Have a great day ahead.
2023-8-28
Use props
Whitestone Wings
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1311463 ft
United States

I had the same problem with my Blade X1 using the controller for a mini-SE.  My solution was to buy a cheap Samsung on Ebay that is compatible with the DJI Fly app, The plus side is I no longer have to worry one way or another about phone calls when flying. .  
2023-8-28
Use props
djiuser_H6RP6p66LUXn
lvl.1
Greece

DJI Tony Posted at 8-28 21:22
Hello there. Sorry about the inconvenience. Can you please try the steps below and see if it will help:
1.     Restart the remote controller. Please restart/reinstall the App (Ensure the latest App version is used). Unplug and reinsert the cable.
2.     If your mobile device uses an Android operating system, please turn on the USB debugging and select the charging-only mode.

Hi Tony, thanks for yr answer, i have chech all the list you sent one by one and nothing works, my phone connected perfectly with any laptop, but not with the dji RC. Any other phone i test connect normal with the RC. Any idea what other could be the problem?
2023-8-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_H6RP6p66LUXn Posted at 8-29 08:04
Hi Tony, thanks for yr answer, i have chech all the list you sent one by one and nothing works, my phone connected perfectly with any laptop, but not with the dji RC. Any other phone i test connect normal with the RC. Any idea what other could be the problem?

Hello there. This is usually due to a MIUI 12 system issue. If not yet, please update the MIUI13 system to the latest version and have another try. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your patience.
2023-8-30
Use props
djiuser_H6RP6p66LUXn
lvl.1
Greece

DJI Tony Posted at 8-30 03:14
Hello there. This is usually due to a MIUI 12 system issue. If not yet, please update the MIUI13 system to the latest version and have another try. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your patience.

I have the MIUI 14 version (14.0.4)
2023-8-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_H6RP6p66LUXn Posted at 8-30 03:24
I have the MIUI 14 version (14.0.4)

I see. Seems like we have already checked on everything. I don't think there is a problem with the remote since as you mentioned you tried other phones and cables and it's working perfectly. And it looks like your Redmi 11s is fine and not showing any disconnection from your computer. I'm afraid this is a compatibility issue. I am sorry but I suggest using a different phone, preferably a phone that is on the "Recommended list" (see Mini 3 Downloads)as those are devices optimized and guaranteed to work accordingly. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
2023-8-30
Use props
Don Vino
lvl.1

Philippines

I have same problem with my Redmi Note 10, it works on my Poco X3 NFC but when I tried it on my Redmi Note 10 it says  RC Not connected to the mobile device
1-15 18:41
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Don Vino Posted at 1-15 18:41
I have same problem with my Redmi Note 10, it works on my Poco X3 NFC but when I tried it on my Redmi Note 10 it says  RC Not connected to the mobile device

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. Generally, devices not listed as supported mobile devices can also be used if their system versions are the same or later than those published on the DJI official website (Beta system versions may not be compatible), but their stabilization has not yet been verified. If you experience any problems with the device that is not listed, this may be due to compatibility matter. Thank you for your understanding.
1-20 01:33
Use props
Dan DJI Drone
New

United States

exact same problem here, my iPhone 14 will not recognize or connect with my Mavic Classic 3. The drone, the controller, and my iPhone are all three turned on and connected to one another, the drone and controller are connected, and the controller and my iPhone are connected via USB cable to their data ports on the bottoms of both of them. WHY the STINK are they NOT seeing each other??? SO frustrating when tech doesn't WORK! Especially expensive tech! how the stink am I spotted to update my drone's firmware then??? what am I not doing correctly???
2-16 14:19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Dan DJI Drone Posted at 2-16 14:19
exact same problem here, my iPhone 14 will not recognize or connect with my Mavic Classic 3. The drone, the controller, and my iPhone are all three turned on and connected to one another, the drone and controller are connected, and the controller and my iPhone are connected via USB cable to their data ports on the bottoms of both of them. WHY the STINK are they NOT seeing each other??? SO frustrating when tech doesn't WORK! Especially expensive tech! how the stink am I spotted to update my drone's firmware then??? what am I not doing correctly???

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Kindly please reinstall the DJI Fly app on your mobile device then try to connect again to your remote controller and check if the issue persists. If yes, you may try to use a different USB-C communication cable and make sure to plug it in correctly to further isolate the issue. If you have a different mobile device on your end, you may also try to connect so we can check if the behavior is still the same. Please keep us posted so we can help you further. We appreciate your cooperation.
2-16 23:46
Use props
Cameron Cranley
New

Colombia

I have the same issue with my Samsung s23 ultra.
3-3 05:05
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Cameron Cranley Posted at 3-3 05:05

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Can you please confirm what specific DJI product are you using? Have you tried to perform the troubleshooting steps above to possibly rectify the issue? If you can upload a short video showing the issue that would be very helpful. Please keep us posted.
3-3 19:14
Use props
fans022d711a
lvl.1

United States

Cameron Cranley Posted at 3-3 05:05

Did you ever get anything working? I also have an s23 ultra and cannot for the life of me get it to connect to dji fly app
3-31 03:49
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fans022d711a Posted at 3-31 03:49
Did you ever get anything working? I also have an s23 ultra and cannot for the life of me get it to connect to dji fly app

Hi there. We do apologize for the trouble that this has caused. Have you tried to download the latest version of the application on our website to further isolate the issue? If the issue persists, please upload a short video showing the issue via Google Drive then send the link here so we can check. Please keep us posted.
3-31 04:35
Use props
djiuser_pm7qEeOtz2ws
New

Australia

I am now having the same issue with my Mavic 3 Pro and I use iPhone 15 Pro Max. I have deleted and reinstalled the app. Used a different cable. Connected on my laptop and all seems to work. What else can I do apart from buy a new controller? It was fine the previous day then suddenly it stopped worked for no reason at all
4-21 14:28
Use props
djiuser_mqCBWSDMqxLj
New

United States

It looks like this is an endemic problem, so I am not hopeful for a satisfactory solution.   I cannot connect my brand new DJI mini 3 to the remote controller.... apparently just like everybody else.   

first, my usual phone is a Pixel 7... and that phone isn't even supported by the app.  (one of the most common phones in the world, and the MOST standard android phone... really???)
so as a backup... I installed the app on an Apple 12.   on that phone I get two steps into the installation process before it stalls.   I power up the Remote control and the drone, and plug the cord into the phone (and the phone makes the "tone" to let you know something new has been plugged in) but the installation process just stops there, and it never connects to the drone.   

this is really frustrating.   honestly, it seems from reading the recent app reviews (almost all of which are 1-star, and complaining about the same issue) and this forum that DJI's app simply doesn't work.   It is a shame, but I guess I will be returning the drone.   
4-21 18:52
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_pm7qEeOtz2ws Posted at 4-21 14:28
I am now having the same issue with my Mavic 3 Pro and I use iPhone 15 Pro Max. I have deleted and reinstalled the app. Used a different cable. Connected on my laptop and all seems to work. What else can I do apart from buy a new controller? It was fine the previous day then suddenly it stopped worked for no reason at all

2.     Check whether the copper sheets in the Type-C port of the remote controller are warped. If so, please send back the product for repair. (The copper sheets are easily damaged for inclined unplugging and insertion. Please plug and unplug the cable vertically.)
  Normal Type-C port (The upper and lower rows’ copper sheets are attached to the center part inside the port, which is not warped.)

Malfunctioning Type-C port (The two copper sheets of the lower row inside the remote controller port are warped.)

If the above troubleshooting solutions are all detected to be normal, continue with the following step:
3.     Verify the reversibility of the Type-c port insertion and check whether the wire is abnormal:
As for Type-C to Type-C adapter cable of the remote controller:
Try to plug one end of the cable with the remote icon into the mobile phone, and another side to the remote controller. Plug the port in the same direction as the storage (can be stored), and plug upside down for further try (cannot be stored). 4.  Try other devices or connect the remote controller to a computer.
Please let us know if the issue persists. Thank you.
4-21 21:34
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_mqCBWSDMqxLj Posted at 4-21 18:52
It looks like this is an endemic problem, so I am not hopeful for a satisfactory solution.   I cannot connect my brand new DJI mini 3 to the remote controller.... apparently just like everybody else.   

first, my usual phone is a Pixel 7... and that phone isn't even supported by the app.  (one of the most common phones in the world, and the MOST standard android phone... really???)

Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. Please try the procedures above in reply 18#. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
4-21 21:36
Use props
djiuser_mqCBWSDMqxLj
New

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-21 21:36
Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. Please try the procedures above in reply 18#. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Post #18 is just another user pointing out that the app doesn't work.
4-22 08:20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_mqCBWSDMqxLj Posted at 4-22 08:20
Post #18 is just another user pointing out that the app doesn't work.

Hi. My apologies for the confusion. Please try the procedures at 24#. Thank you for your patience.
4-23 02:54
Use props
djiuser_mqCBWSDMqxLj
New

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-23 02:54
Hi. My apologies for the confusion. Please try the procedures at 24#. Thank you for your patience.

there does not appear to be a problem with the cord connectivity
4-28 07:58
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_mqCBWSDMqxLj Posted at 4-28 07:58
there does not appear to be a problem with the cord connectivity

I see. In that case, I suggest sending the remote back to DJI for further diagnosis. You may submit a repair request here (https://www.dji.com/global/support). The warranty can be applied depending on the assessment's outcome, including your unit's warranty period. Have a nice day.
4-30 03:34
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules