BLOCKBUSTER LUTS GIVEAWAY
759 15 2023-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Isaac RC
lvl.4

Spain

Hey guys I posted a Blockbuster LUTs giveaway if you're interested: download link, if you like them please let me know

2023-8-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice,  where are the LUTs to download?
2023-8-28
Use props
Isaac RC
lvl.4

Spain

Navigate here and follow the instructions: https://github.com/IRCGraphic/D-Cinelike-and-Normal-Blockbuster-LUTs
2023-8-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks great! Thanks
2023-10-23
Use props
Isaac RC
lvl.4

Spain

Montfrooij Posted at 10-23 23:01
Looks great! Thanks

You're welcome, i did them kinda in a hurry but perhaps in the future i will update them better, stay tuned to my channel for news
2023-10-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Isaac RC Posted at 10-23 23:06
You're welcome, i did them kinda in a hurry but perhaps in the future i will update them better, stay tuned to my channel for news

I'll try them out.
Thanks again!
2023-10-23
Use props
Isaac RC
lvl.4

Spain

Montfrooij Posted at 10-23 23:08
I'll try them out.
Thanks again!
Yeah experiment them, with generic daylight scenes the colour palette gives a great starting point to edit but the portrait shots are most difficult still think could be improved, also i didn't include lowlight versions the iso noise artefacts the image doesn't allow for bold changes, but those where meant for a paid version, i recommend limiting the auto iso to 400 for best results in the free version in daylight conditions
2023-10-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Isaac RC Posted at 10-23 23:16
Yeah experiment them, with generic daylight scenes the colour palette gives a great starting point to edit but the portrait shots are most difficult still think could be improved, also i didn't include lowlight versions the iso noise artefacts the image doesn't allow for bold changes, but those where meant for a paid version, i recommend limiting the auto iso to 400 for best results in the free version in daylight conditions

I'm glad I finally have a Mini 3 Pro which has D-cinelike. And my Pocket 2 has it too, so I'll try both.
2023-10-23
Use props
Isaac RC
lvl.4

Spain

Montfrooij Posted at 10-23 23:26
I'm glad I finally have a Mini 3 Pro which has D-cinelike. And my Pocket 2 has it too, so I'll try both.

Great, haven't had the chance to test Action2 shooting modes throughly but apart from limiting the ISO in daylight another thing that works great with this LUTS is having a fixed settings (shutter, iso, whitebalance) this videos where shot like this:

2023-10-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Isaac RC Posted at 10-23 23:35
Great, haven't had the chance to test Action2 shooting modes throughly but apart from limiting the ISO in daylight another thing that works great with this LUTS is having a fixed settings (shutter, iso, whitebalance) this videos where shot like this:
https://youtu.be/Z6MbqLAK5No?feature=shared
https://youtu.be/sfgMhuSDrMs?feature=shared

Thanks. I'll try to remember.
Usually I shoot auto with a EV compensation of -0.7
I don't have time to think about exposure settings when flying my drone or operating the Pocket 2.
The drone just encounters too much different lighting situations and the Pocket 2 is ment for quick and easy shooting (for me) and is a pain in the ... to correct the exposure without a phone connected.
But I'm never doing that, because that defeats the purpose of the Pocket 2 (small and easy) for me.

Nice vids!
2023-10-23
Use props
Isaac RC
lvl.4

Spain

Montfrooij Posted at 10-23 23:37
Thanks. I'll try to remember.
Usually I shoot auto with a EV compensation of -0.7
I don't have time to think about exposure settings when flying my drone or operating the Pocket 2.

Yeah i know manual mode its a pain lol but looks like the results are more cinematic paradoxically with changing conditions that is sacrificing shadow and highlight detail in pos of a consistent punchy glossy look, dji normal and d-cinelike has a lot of contrast by default so the best is to go all the way through with contrast look and it's also what pro cinematography do in general including shooting all manual. A trick that i do is expose in the direction of sunlight so that it doesn't clip highlights (really bad) and then elevate the exposure slightly beneath an open sky shadow like a building so that it doesn't clip blacks badly, that balance will be the best for securing a good shot
2023-10-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Isaac RC Posted at 10-23 23:50
Yeah i know manual mode its a pain lol but looks like the results are more cinematic paradoxically with changing conditions that is sacrificing shadow and highlight detail in pos of a consistent punchy glossy look, dji normal and d-cinelike has a lot of contrast by default so the best is to go all the way through with contrast look and it's also what pro cinematography do in general including shooting all manual. A trick that i do is expose in the direction of sunlight so that it doesn't clip highlights (really bad) and then elevate the exposure slightly beneath an open sky shadow like a building so that it doesn't clip blacks badly, that balance will be the best for securing a good shot

For my application, this method (auto -0,7) works great and costs me no effort at all.
I'm not doing serious video work, so I don't mind the changes in exposure. Plus I have to say DJI does a great job smoothing them out in their latest products.
When I'm filming serious work (paid), I always set everything on manual.
But then I have the time to think about everything.
95% of my videos is just recreational videos and I have to say, the results are quite good with DJI on Auto mode. So it's not worth the extra effort for me.
For me it's all about capturing the moment that I'm experiencing and it is not often that I'm going out specifically to capture something. So it has to happen quickly, or everybody will get bored with me
2023-10-23
Use props
Isaac RC
lvl.4

Spain

Montfrooij Posted at 10-23 23:59
For my application, this method (auto -0,7) works great and costs me no effort at all.
I'm not doing serious video work, so I don't mind the changes in exposure. Plus I have to say DJI does a great job smoothing them out in their latest products.
When I'm filming serious work (paid), I always set everything on manual.

Of course i undesrtand in fact i tailored these luts to be used in full auto mode as specified in the LUTs (D-cinelike -0.3, Normal -1) and i recorded as such in the video giveaway, like said haven't tested throughly in full manual but i kinda like better it so far
2023-10-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Isaac RC Posted at 10-24 00:12
Of course i undesrtand in fact i tailored these luts to be used in full auto mode as specified in the LUTs (D-cinelike -0.3, Normal -1) and i recorded as such in the video giveaway, like said haven't tested throughly in full manual but i kinda like better it so far

I'll report my findings when I have done some testing (not anytime soon as I'm right in the middle of a big home renovation)
2023-10-24
Use props
Isaac RC
lvl.4

Spain

Montfrooij Posted at 10-24 00:21
I'll report my findings when I have done some testing (not anytime soon as I'm right in the middle of a big home renovation)

Yeah i'd love to know how it goes!
2023-10-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Isaac RC Posted at 10-24 00:35
Yeah i'd love to know how it goes!

I'll keep you posted (just don't wait for it, it might be next year since I'm doing a big big renovation at home)
2023-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules