12Next >
5234 50 2023-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NECyclone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12621 ft
United States

When is the Mobile SDK going to be released for the Air 3?
2023-8-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Last seen from DJI there is no plans to support SDK - https://github.com/dji-sdk/Mobile-SDK-Android-V5/issues/141
2023-8-30
Use props
NECyclone
lvl.2
United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-30 01:38
Last seen from DJI there is no plans to support SDK - https://github.com/dji-sdk/Mobile-SDK-Android-V5/issues/141

Well that’s just peachy.  A great drone with neutered software.  Any other options out there for doing mapping flights?
2023-8-30
Use props
peterscache12
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3009 ft

United States

I will create a separate thread on this as well. I will not consider buying the Air 3 until DJI either:
1) Releases SDK for Air 3
or
2) Provides automated grid flight planning into DJI Fly app. It would be very easy to turn that new "Waypoints" capability into a polygon flight pattern with regular picture capture. As it stands now it's a pain to do plan it manually.
2023-8-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We can not provide relevant information yet about our future plans with the Air 3. Rest assured this request has already been referred to our designated team for evaluation. For more information please visit: https://developer.dji.com/. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Have a great day ahead.
2023-8-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

peterscache12 Posted at 8-30 13:58
I will create a separate thread on this as well. I will not consider buying the Air 3 until DJI either:
1) Releases SDK for Air 3
or

They should add this for all drones,  it would be very useful to have that on a Mini 3 which can overfly people and property whereas this larger drones cannot.
2023-8-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NECyclone Posted at 8-30 08:45
Well that’s just peachy.  A great drone with neutered software.  Any other options out there for doing mapping flights?

They never promise the SDK when a drone is released.
2023-8-30
Use props
djiuser_M0CWOe0bOXm2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36860 ft

United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-30 23:01
They should add this for all drones,  it would be very useful to have that on a Mini 3 which can overfly people and property whereas this larger drones cannot.

That's the thing, they do have SDK released for the Mini 3 and Mini 3 Pro. If you so desired, you could download Dronelink or Map Pilot Pro on your Android device, hook it up to the RC-N1, and fly an automated mapping mission.
Most drones from DJI can do that now with 3rd party apps (via SDK support). Only the Mavic 3, and Air 3 seem to be excluded.
2023-8-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_M0CWOe0bOXm2 Posted at 8-31 07:17
That's the thing, they do have SDK released for the Mini 3 and Mini 3 Pro. If you so desired, you could download Dronelink or Map Pilot Pro on your Android device, hook it up to the RC-N1, and fly an automated mapping mission.
Most drones from DJI can do that now with 3rd party apps (via SDK support). Only the Mavic 3, and Air 3 seem to be excluded.

I dont have an android device nor do I want one,  I want this to be in the fly app and working on the DJI RC controller which is my preferred method to fly.
2023-8-31
Use props
djiuser_M0CWOe0bOXm2
lvl.1

United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-31 22:46
I dont have an android device nor do I want one,  I want this to be in the fly app and working on the DJI RC controller which is my preferred method to fly.

Definitely agree with you there. Autel offers polygon mapping in their Evo II control app, Autel Explorer. It seems to work pretty well, and I'd say the hardware is similar to an Air 3...
I'm sure DJI Fly could get this update to work with any Waypoint-capable drone if DJI wanted to release it.
2023-9-1
Use props
Wyldwestaz10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1099068 ft
United States

The Mavic E, T or M has the SDK but not any of the other Mavic 3 series. Dronelink has had their app working for months and overall it has worked great. Only problem is that Mavic 3 E has limited camera capabilities and many are not  happy about that. Also according to Dronelink the Mavic 3 E does have onboard waypoint capability. It is the first drone since the M2P which was released about 5 years ago and no other drone has had this capability. As of now the onboard capability is still not available though. It is unfortunate that  DJI abandon building the SDK for IOS users which is very disappointing since they are the biggest manufacture of devices around the world. As mentioned above DJI stated they were only building the SDK for Enterprise series drones but that went out the window when the did both the Mini 3 & Mini 3 Pro. It’s anyone’s guess what they may include in the future. Even if they do build the SDK for the Air 3 I doubt I’ll use it with my Dronelink account since I would need to purchase an Android OS manufactured device just to use it. So looking into it I’d need to spend about $800 on an 11” tablet, Wi-Fi only which will be powerful enough to run Dronelink. Just not worth it to me as I only use IPad’s. Also the DJI RC controller they pushed hard to sell in their combo’s will not work as DJI decided to not make it capable with third party apps. Many frustrated pilots who bought that controller not knowing  it won’t work with Dronelink or any third party app. Anyway, Enjoy everyone.
2023-9-1
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

"It is unfortunate that  DJI abandon building the SDK for IOS users which is very disappointing since they are the biggest manufacture of devices around the world."

You need to do a little better research - "In the most recent quarter of 2023, Android remained the most popular operating system in the world, with a 70.89% market share, followed by its main competitor, iOS, with 28.36%"
2023-9-1
Use props
djiuser_M0CWOe0bOXm2
lvl.1

United States

Wyldwestaz10 Posted at 9-1 10:07
The Mavic E, T or M has the SDK but not any of the other Mavic 3 series. Dronelink has had their app working for months and overall it has worked great. Only problem is that Mavic 3 E has limited camera capabilities and many are not  happy about that. Also according to Dronelink the Mavic 3 E does have onboard waypoint capability. It is the first drone since the M2P which was released about 5 years ago and no other drone has had this capability. As of now the onboard capability is still not available though. It is unfortunate that  DJI abandon building the SDK for IOS users which is very disappointing since they are the biggest manufacture of devices around the world. As mentioned above DJI stated they were only building the SDK for Enterprise series drones but that went out the window when the did both the Mini 3 & Mini 3 Pro. It’s anyone’s guess what they may include in the future. Even if they do build the SDK for the Air 3 I doubt I’ll use it with my Dronelink account since I would need to purchase an Android OS manufactured device just to use it. So looking into it I’d need to spend about $800 on an 11” tablet, Wi-Fi only which will be powerful enough to run Dronelink. Just not worth it to me as I only use IPad’s. Also the DJI RC controller they pushed hard to sell in their combo’s will not work as DJI decided to not make it capable with third party apps. Many frustrated pilots who bought that controller not knowing  it won’t work with Dronelink or any third party app. Anyway, Enjoy everyone.

I was under the impression that the M3E, T, and M all worked with DJI Pilot 2. I think that app has mapping mission planning capability. Or at least compatibility with Flighthub 2 and DJI Terra.

My problem is that the M3E series is almost the exact same hardware as the M3 classic, but costs $1500 more for this software. I’d rather pay for software separate when I need it.

Building on that, I would be willing to pay for software to make the Air 3 map. Cause it’s certainly capable of doing so.
2023-9-1
Use props
peterscache12
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3009 ft

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 8-30 20:52
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We can not provide relevant information yet about our future plans with the Air 3. Rest assured this request has already been referred to our designated team for evaluation. For more information please visit: https://developer.dji.com/. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Have a great day ahead.

Do you have a link to a specific thread on the developer website? Where will DJI make announcements about a potential Air 3 SDK?
I understand there is a growing number of us who are interested in this topic.
2023-9-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

peterscache12 Posted at 9-2 21:07
Do you have a link to a specific thread on the developer website? Where will DJI make announcements about a potential Air 3 SDK?
I understand there is a growing number of us who are interested in this topic.

Hello there. Here is the direct link for announcements to inform developers of any SDK-related news and updates: https://sdk-forum.dji.net/hc/en- ... 753-Notice-Bulletin. Have a great day ahead.
2023-9-3
Use props
Wyldwestaz10
lvl.4
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-1 10:52
"It is unfortunate that  DJI abandon building the SDK for IOS users which is very disappointing since they are the biggest manufacture of devices around the world."

You need to do a little better research - "In the most recent quarter of 2023, Android remained the most popular operating system in the world, with a 70.89% market share, followed by its main competitor, iOS, with 28.36%"

Android is an operating system, not a manufacture. Two completely different things. Apple is the largest manufacture of smart devices. Do your research.
2023-9-22
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Wyldwestaz10 Posted at 9-22 21:00
Android is an operating system, not a manufacture. Two completely different things. Apple is the largest manufacture of smart devices. Do your research.

Android is the largest OS!!! You build the SDK for the OS NOT the device. Do your research!!
2023-9-23
Use props
Wyldwestaz10
lvl.4
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-23 07:21
Android is the largest OS!!! You build the SDK for the OS NOT the device. Do your research!!

Done with you child. Grow up and stop acting like you know everything. I’ll pray for your hardened soul.
2023-9-23
Use props
Fozando
lvl.4
Flight distance : 682438 ft
Spain

I think that never

2023-10-29
Use props
NECyclone
lvl.2
United States

Welp, if the MSDK comes out for the mini 4 and not for my Air 3, I'll have to consider selling the Air 3 and buying a Mini 4 Pro.  What a waste DJI, all because of not supporting the Air 3 with a SDK.
2023-10-29
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Wyldwestaz10 Posted at 9-22 21:00

I just did and it seems that Apple is just an assembly company and not a manufacturer...

https://wherearemade.com/where-are-apple-products-made/

https://utopia.org/guide/where-a ... e-they-sustainable/

https://www.lifewire.com/where-is-the-iphone-made-1999503

2023-10-29
Use props
H3llo
lvl.3
Netherlands

They will NOT do it for consumer drones
2023-10-30
Use props
NECyclone
lvl.2
United States

Yet they are doing it for the mini 4.  Thus begging the question, is the mini 4 then considered a commercial level drone?
2023-10-30
Use props
Wyldwestaz10
lvl.4
United States

With the disaster with the Mini 3’s SDK and still serous issues after 6 months with no end in sight, I hope they don’t do the Mini 4 before the Air 3. They usually build them in the order they were released. Only time in the last three years was with the Mini 2, A2S and Mini SE at same time. Also DJI never stated they were only building for the enterprise series drones. Their Priority is Enterprises series first, consumer drones second and all others third. Patience, it usually takes months to get it done.

https://sdk-forum.dji.net/hc/en-us/articles/8818033368857-What-is-the-plan-for-the-consumer-level-aircraft-
2023-11-2
Use props
Rainbow Drones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1155663 ft
  • >>>
United States

Haha great joke post
2023-11-2
Use props
Fozando
lvl.4
Spain

NECyclone Posted at 10-30 16:11
Yet they are doing it for the mini 4.  Thus begging the question, is the mini 4 then considered a commercial level drone?

No, the Mini 4 Pro is a consumer drone (not enterprise), because it hasn't enough potential to compete against the drones of the enterprise line.
However, the Air 3 or the Mavic 3, both have enought potential to do this and this affects to DJI in order that It couldn't sell to you a drone with a 2K extra on the price.
DJI always thinking in your wallet
2023-11-4
Use props
Fozando
lvl.4
Spain

I am leaving you a link to a videotutorial where you can see how to planify photogrammetry missions usign the Waypoints function (it is in spanish):

All credits to FotoDroneRS on Youtube
2023-11-10
Use props
NECyclone
lvl.2
United States

Thanks Fozando.  This looks very helpful.  Now maybe I can maybe turn my Air 3 into a "useful" drone.  :-)
2023-11-10
Use props
NECyclone
lvl.2
United States

Hi Fozando.  Watched the video and actually made a plan and went and flew the mission.  This look like it should work pretty well for the time being.  Thanks so much for sharing the above video.  I do still hope DJI does the right thing and releases the SDK in the near future though.  :-)
2023-11-10
Use props
Fozando
lvl.4
Spain

NECyclone Posted at 11-10 20:45
Hi Fozando.  Watched the video and actually made a plan and went and flew the mission.  This look like it should work pretty well for the time being.  Thanks so much for sharing the above video.  I do still hope DJI does the right thing and releases the SDK in the near future though.  :-)

Hi NECyclone,

It is just a plan B while we haven't the SDK, but I think that it could be useful for a big amount of people.

Regards.
2023-11-12
Use props
TombRitual
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1213136 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 8-30 20:52

Cant you guys just fix DJI fly app and make it so we can make flight grids? How hard can it be? Just bought a mavic 3 pro I have to now return because I didn't know you cant make maps with it. Tried to buy the air 3 now that doesn't work either? So no real good drones unles you pay 6k for the enterprise? lame. Almost seems like on purpose
2023-11-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

TombRitual Posted at 11-13 18:34
Cant you guys just fix DJI fly app and make it so we can make flight grids? How hard can it be? Just bought a mavic 3 pro I have to now return because I didn't know you cant make maps with it. Tried to buy the air 3 now that doesn't work either? So no real good drones unles you pay 6k for the enterprise? lame. Almost seems like on purpose

Sorry if you need to return your drone because it did not meet your satisfaction. We will forward your feedback to the related department. Thank you for your great support.
2023-11-14
Use props
Fozando
lvl.4
Spain

TombRitual Posted at 11-13 18:34
Cant you guys just fix DJI fly app and make it so we can make flight grids? How hard can it be? Just bought a mavic 3 pro I have to now return because I didn't know you cant make maps with it. Tried to buy the air 3 now that doesn't work either? So no real good drones unles you pay 6k for the enterprise? lame. Almost seems like on purpose

That would be a great solution if DJI decides to continue with its lies and it doesn't realease the SDK, but at this point I have serious doubts that we could see that option on the DJI Fly in the nearly future.
2023-11-14
Use props
Aerial Photo India / Helicam Pune
lvl.2
Flight distance : 275732 ft
India

TombRitual Posted at 2023-11-13 18:34

"I've heard that some people use the DJI RC Pro with a third-party installation on their M3 Pro.
1-26 23:18
Use props
Wyldwestaz10
lvl.4
United States

Aerial Photo India / Helicam Pune Posted at 1-26 23:18
"I've heard that some people use the DJI RC Pro with a third-party installation on their M3 Pro.

Dronelink has had the Mini 3’s working for over 6 months. You can use either the DJI RC Pro expensive controller or any Android OS device which is powerful enough to run the DL application with the RC-N1 controller. Once DJI has released the SDK DL has been the first to release their app before any others and is the best fully automated mission app out there for these consumer drones. It has been out in the production version with the RC Pro controller for quite awhile. The RC-N 1 with a device is still in Beta but going to be released into production version very soon. If you’re interested in the DL app you can check the requirements and purchase one of the three Hobbyist plan for a one time fee. Very powerful app. . Enjoy.

https://support.dronelink.com/hc ... ro-Support-Overview

https://app.dronelink.com/pricing/hobbyist

1-29 11:47
Use props
DragonFLY17
New

Philippines

This is a WILD DISAPPOINTMENT that DJI is not supporting the Air 3 with a SDK.  

Please reevaluate this and begin the SDK support for the Air3 and any other Mid-level drone product.

Such a disappointment.

2-6 13:40
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

It doesn't look like DJI will release it any time soon, if ever.
They currently seem to be focusing on SDK for enterprise drones.

2-6 14:04
Use props
Wyldwestaz10
lvl.4
United States

Once again the Mini 3 is not an enterprise drone but they built the SDK for it about 7 months ago. Also DJI has indicated the Mini 4 will have the SDK mid this year and it already has the DJI Waypoints so that’s not a reason to eliminate the Air 3. No rhyme or reason for them to not build the SDK for the Air 3 which is a top grade drone far more then the Mini’s. Keep pushing and maybe they will reconsider. Why they are not also supporting the Mavic 3 series is just as baffling. Only one is the Mavic 3E which is more limited than the Mavic 3 Pro. Adding the "E" to the end doesn't make it an enterprise drone and its overall the same. Very frustrating but keep pushing othewise we will never see any new drones added. Enjoy...
2-6 17:54
Use props
Flying_Rosco
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1455958 ft
United States

I've been watching this thread for months and am shocked that DJI is so inconsistent in their SDK development. Being at the forefront of an industry that is growing exponentially, it only makes sense to support new users and expand their capabilities. Constantly changing directions only damages consumer trust.

In a well-developed product line, a new user may start with the lower-end products but, as their skills develop, move into more capable, higher-priced products. I have done that with Apple, Canon, Subaru, Honda and numerous other brands.  

I need mapping capabilities, but I WILL NOT buy the Mavic 3 Enterprise in part because the camera isn't as good as some of the non-enterprise systems. The biggest reason I won't buy an enterprise-level drone from DJI is that I believe they will do something else to handicap any system at any time. DJI, you make amazing hardware! I've owned a Mavic Mini, (2) Mavic 2 Pro, and an Air 3 and have loved them all. As a dedicated iOS and macOS user, I feel betrayed that you dropped iOS support. I WILL NOT move to Android devices to use your hardware.

Don't push your users away.

The SDK is available for previous Air products, but there is no planned support for the Air 3?! It doesn't make sense!

DJI, please enable me to use the tools (Drones, iOS, and macOS devices) I have. This will build trust and encourage me and other users to dive deeper into your hardware and software options. I want to be a dedicated user, but I DO NOT TRUST YOU! With each anti-customer/user decision your company makes, you force commercial users to look at other platforms. Each time your convoluted decisions make me second-guess you, I begin looking for a suitable alternative. I am tired of it!

2-11 13:09
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

DragonFLY17 Posted at 2-6 13:40
This is a WILD DISAPPOINTMENT that DJI is not supporting the Air 3 with a SDK.  

Please reevaluate this and begin the SDK support for the Air3 and any other Mid-level drone product.

Too early for a new model to get SDK support,takes at least a year or so.That is the way it is.
2-11 13:35
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules