instructions on getting Googles 2 working with MP3?
773 16 2023-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_FF1dpilNYppi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2362470 ft
United States

Just ordered the MC2 so I can use my avata googles with my M3P.

Any good faqs on getting everything liinked up?

Thank you.

2023-9-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. First, please make sure to update the firmware of the aircraft, goggles, and DJI RC Motion 2 via DJI Assistant 2 software to avoid any firmware incompatibility. After updating the firmware you may proceed with linking. For more information about linking, you may access the link below for your future reference. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Happy flying!

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Information_EN.pdf
2023-9-2
Use props
djiuser_FF1dpilNYppi
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-2 16:38
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. First, please make sure to update the firmware of the aircraft, goggles, and DJI RC Motion 2 via DJI Assistant 2 software to avoid any firmware incompatibility. After updating the firmware you may proceed with linking. For more information about linking, you may access the link below for your future reference. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Happy flying!

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Compatibility_Information/Consumer_Drones_and_Goggles_Compatibility_Information_EN.pdf

Thank you for the link!
2023-9-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

You are most welcome. Happy flying!
2023-9-3
Use props
djiuser_FF1dpilNYppi
lvl.2
United States

Well my RC Motion 2 came in tonight but unable to update firmware with DJI Assistant 2 because it says it is not compatible. The exact error message is this:

"Device Not Supported. Please download the correct DJI Assistant in the official website product page"

So if the DJI Assistant 2 is not supported what I am supposed to use?  Thanks.

2023-9-11
Use props
djiuser_FF1dpilNYppi
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_FF1dpilNYppi Posted at 9-11 16:46
Well my RC Motion 2 came in tonight but unable to update firmware with DJI Assistant 2 because it says it is not compatible. The exact error message is this:

"Device Not Supported. Please download the correct DJI Assistant in the official website product page"

UPDATE: Just on a whim I tried the latest version and that one worked. I updated my assistant and that allowed me to connect and update. Now hopefully the rest will work now....

2023-9-11
Use props
djiuser_FF1dpilNYppi
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_FF1dpilNYppi Posted at 9-11 17:41
UPDATE: Just on a whim I tried the latest version and that one worked. I updated my assistant and that allowed me to connect and update. Now hopefully the rest will work now....

So far had zero luck getting motion controller or aircraft to link together. I have tried both the fly app (just hangs /locks up on the first screen waiting for me to turn on the googles )    So far the push button method is failing as well.  Aircraft must have overheated and shut down. Will try again when it cools down but wondering if I have a bad unit?
2023-9-11
Use props
djiuser_FF1dpilNYppi
lvl.2
United States

Found youtube instructions which were totally different yet than yours (use physically linking button in googles) and that got the M3P linked to the googles at least to the point I can see video . Using your instructions I was able to link the new motion 2- at least it appears so when everthing is on . But when I turn off aircraft and googles, motion 2 will not turn off. Also fly app wants to do a quick tranfer from the M3P and won't go into fly mode. Also says remote id error yet this same setup works fine with my avata . Wil try again tomorrow night and if still broken will send it back and hopefully get a working unit.
2023-9-11
Use props
djiuser_FF1dpilNYppi
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_FF1dpilNYppi Posted at 9-11 19:04
Found youtube instructions which were totally different yet than yours (use physically linking button in googles) and that got the M3P linked to the googles at least to the point I can see video . Using your instructions I was able to link the new motion 2- at least it appears so when everthing is on . But when I turn off aircraft and googles, motion 2 will not turn off. Also fly app wants to do a quick tranfer from the M3P and won't go into fly mode. Also says remote id error yet this same setup works fine with my avata . Wil try again tomorrow night and if still broken will send it back and hopefully get a working unit.

Tried re pairing - same results. Googles can see M3P just fine. Can do quick tranfers just fine but when I try to go to fly mode it fails. Motion 2 will pair to M3P but when MP3 turns off, controller flashes and will not turn off till it times out.  Also get false remote id error as well.

What do I need to do to return this for refund/exchange?
2023-9-12
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_FF1dpilNYppi Posted at 9-12 09:15
Tried re pairing - same results. Googles can see M3P just fine. Can do quick tranfers just fine but when I try to go to fly mode it fails. Motion 2 will pair to M3P but when MP3 turns off, controller flashes and will not turn off till it times out.  Also get false remote id error as well.

What do I need to do to return this for refund/exchange?

Understood, it's way too much to deal with.  Getting this equipment to work requires patience and attention to details.  I'm reading your posts and I see zero attention to details, no offense.  Therefore, it just won't work out for you....especially when you throw the Avata into the mix which only mucks up the setup when trying to connect with a different drone.
2023-9-12
Use props
djiuser_FF1dpilNYppi
lvl.2
United States

The Saint Posted at 9-12 09:58
Understood, it's way too much to deal with.  Getting this equipment to work requires patience and attention to details.  I'm reading your posts and I see zero attention to details, no offense.  Therefore, it just won't work out for you....especially when you throw the Avata into the mix which only mucks up the setup when trying to connect with a different drone.

? I already have the avata. I bought the motion 2 to work with the M3P. This is not supposed to be alfa software/hardware and apparently it is.
2023-9-12
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_FF1dpilNYppi Posted at 9-12 10:08
? I already have the avata. I bought the motion 2 to work with the M3P. This is not supposed to be alfa software/hardware and apparently it is.

I realize you have this.  I also have the Avata and the Mini 3 Pro and I can tell you it's not straightforward trying to get all the equipment to easily work back and forth between two different drones.  They work fine alone with the equipment they were originally intended to work with but later, the software was modified to get everything else to work together.

It's not beta but it's not perfect either.  My point is, if you're not ready to be specific and go thru the exact details, frustration will set in and it shows in your post.  No disrespect but that's why I said this setup might not be for you.  I know you cannot list every single thing you've tried in these posts but maybe that's what it takes.  All of my stuff works, it's not always smooth, but it does works so that's a given.  In the forum, we can help you work thru it if that's what you want.  Or, if you are not up to it, probably a good idea to return it as you suggested.
2023-9-12
Use props
djiuser_FF1dpilNYppi
lvl.2
United States

The Saint Posted at 9-12 10:37
I realize you have this.  I also have the Avata and the Mini 3 Pro and I can tell you it's not straightforward trying to get all the equipment to easily work back and forth between two different drones.  They work fine alone with the equipment they were originally intended to work with but later, the software was modified to get everything else to work together.

It's not beta but it's not perfect either.  My point is, if you're not ready to be specific and go thru the exact details, frustration will set in and it shows in your post.  No disrespect but that's why I said this setup might not be for you.  I know you cannot list every single thing you've tried in these posts but maybe that's what it takes.  All of my stuff works, it's not always smooth, but it does works so that's a given.  In the forum, we can help you work thru it if that's what you want.  Or, if you are not up to it, probably a good idea to return it as you suggested.

Not sure what you mean? If  the controller  is not ready for sale, then why is it? Customers should not have to debug your controller  and software unless you tell them this ahead of time.

I was going to exchange it  and try 1 more time, but from what you wrote I should probably just get my money back.
2023-9-12
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_FF1dpilNYppi Posted at 9-12 11:56
Not sure what you mean? If  the controller  is not ready for sale, then why is it? Customers should not have to debug your controller  and software unless you tell them this ahead of time.

I was going to exchange it  and try 1 more time, but from what you wrote I should probably just get my money back.

The controller is ready for sale, I bought one, I use it, it works just fine.

But because it's a little bit on the complex side, it's not for everyone.

Maybe it's defective equipment; maybe not.  Somehow I don't think it's the "equipment."
2023-9-12
Use props
djiuser_FF1dpilNYppi
lvl.2
United States

The Saint Posted at 9-12 12:28
The controller is ready for sale, I bought one, I use it, it works just fine.

But because it's a little bit on the complex side, it's not for everyone.

Somehow I don't think you are trying to be helpful but the complete opposite. Why do you bother posting if you just want to stir the pot?   Good day and good bye!
2023-9-12
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_FF1dpilNYppi Posted at 9-12 13:27
Somehow I don't think you are trying to be helpful but the complete opposite. Why do you bother posting if you just want to stir the pot?   Good day and good bye!

Because I would like you to give it a shot before you just pack it up and send it back. I know it works, I have all my equipment right here and it's working for me, I can probably walk you thru it pretty quickly.  Would you like to give it try?

First make sure everything is up to date with the latest software.   Mini3Pro, Goggles2, MC2.  That's the most important piece.  What are we using Android or iPhone?

Fire up the Mini3 Pro, yellow lights are flashing.  Power up the Goggles 2 and it probably says Connecting to Avata.....let it time out/Connection failed.

Swipe into the Goggles menu and choose Status and "Switch" is at the very top, select it.  Then choose the Mini 3 Pro from the list.  When it says Connecting.....you need to press Goggles button between the eyepiece and press and hold the power button the Mini 3 Pro.  They will eventually connect and you can see your Mini 3 Pro camera thru the goggles and you'll see Remote ID error.  Yellow lights are blinking and you may need. fan to blow air on the drone to keep it cool.  If this doesn't work, power cycle both and try again.

Do the same for MC2, after you power it on, press and hold the power button until it starts beeping.  Press and hold the Mini 3 Pro power button until it starts beeping.  When they connect, yellow flashing turns to red flashing.  

Take your mobile phone with the most current version of DJI fly and using a USB cable along with the genuine DJI OTG adapter attached (which plugs directly into the Goggles 2)...plug in the cable which connects your phone and the goggles together, open and launch DJI fly app, red flashing turns to Green slow flashing, remote ID error goes away.....ready to fly!  
2023-9-12
Use props
djiuser_FF1dpilNYppi
lvl.2
United States

The Saint Posted at 9-12 14:08
Because I would like you to give it a shot before you just pack it up and send it back. I know it works, I have all my equipment right here and it's working for me, I can probably walk you thru it pretty quickly.  Would you like to give it try?

First make sure everything is up to date with the latest software.   Mini3Pro, Goggles2, MC2.  That's the most important piece.  What are we using Android or iPhone?

I don't think you understand I went past this last night. I found youtube instructions that conflic with the ones here.  (use google bind button not battery power button like the instructions say here.)  Those youtube instructions worked and afterwards the MP3 connects to the googles just fine I can see video through the googles (But NOT the fly app and that is a clue).  The motion 2 also links when the MP3 is on. But The fly app would not give me the fly button unless I went into quick transfer. But then it would say no controller and then it would stop right there.

So I tried rebind again this morning before work. Same thing. Remote id error.

Get home from work plug it in and this time I get the fly button. I made no changes yet I got the fly button.I then got a popup saying unbound device and I let it bind. I am inside my house but I tried starting the motors and this time it worked. The motors started fine and appeared to work other than the motion controller would not turn off like before.

I am now heading out to my flying site and see what happens...

2023-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules