Any experience with the wide-angle lens?
326 4 2023-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andreja
lvl.4
Flight distance : 864961 ft
Germany

I've just noticed that the wide angle lens is available for Air 3 in the DJI store (at least in EU).

Did anyone try it out? If yes, I would be very happy to hear comments and experiences with it.

2023-9-4
Use props
franceslup
lvl.2
Flight distance : 307602 ft
Italy

i just mounted it and i see that when i turn the drone off the gimbal goes down because its really heavy!
2023-9-4
Use props
Ben_McE
lvl.3
Flight distance : 815587 ft
Ireland

I am also considering getting this, any feedback or videos would be great to see. Thanks
2023-9-5
Use props
Andreja
lvl.4
Flight distance : 864961 ft
Germany

Well, I just received mine, will try to test it when I get a chance...

One thing which I found a bit strange (compared to Mini 3 Pro, which is my other drone), is that the Air 3 doesn't report that it has detected the wide angle lens, so it's not really possible to see that it has been attached in the UI.

Anyway, here are the details from the manual:
Pano and Asteroid don't work with wide-angle lens.
Mass of the lens: 9.2 g
Field of view: 114°
Equivalent focal length: 14 mm

The lens itself goes on top of the 1X camera, so the 3X camera is not affected by it.

The manual for the lens states that the gimbal should be rotated to be level and pointing forward, but, as franceslup  mentioned, the lens is so heavy that the gimbal can't hold its position with the motors off, so that's a bit strange.
2023-9-7
Use props
Ben_McE
lvl.3
Flight distance : 815587 ft
Ireland

Andreja Posted at 9-7 00:47
Well, I just received mine, will try to test it when I get a chance...

One thing which I found a bit strange (compared to Mini 3 Pro, which is my other drone), is that the Air 3 doesn't report that it has detected the wide angle lens, so it's not really possible to see that it has been attached in the UI.

Have you got any footage of this? I really want to see some videos to see if it is worth getting. I found with the Mini 3 Pro there was a huge amount of distortion. Would really appreciate if you could post anything at all. Thanks
2023-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules