Overheating Problems @ 4k 60fps
729 9 2023-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PROEDGEBIKER
lvl.2
Flight distance : 198281 ft
United States

I broke down and bought an Osmo 4 after having a great season with the 3. The last two times I tried using it outside, it overheated on me after 25 minutes while in 4k 60fps.
I use these cams to record baseball games, and the Osmo 3 never overheated. These are 2-hour games straight that I record using 4k 60fps on the Osmo 3.

Is anyone else experiencing these issues? I was looking forward to a great baseball season coming up.
2023-9-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Osmo Action 4 mainly focuses on sports scenarios such as skiing, diving, and cycling, where wind can assist the camera in heat dissipation when recording videos with a high resolution or frame rate, which, thereby, makes it possible to record longer videos. If you mainly use it to record your daily life or activities, we recommend you record at 1080p@30fps, as 1080p@30fps is currently the mainstream video format online, and it can also reduce your storage space and facilitate your editing afterward. We appreciate your understanding. Have a great day ahead.

2023-9-5
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

If you bought the product just to do baseball. And did not sell off,the OA3 you know your answer, but you want to  use the OA4 then DJI may need to adjust the temp threshold a degree more, this way it will not overheat.
2023-9-5
Use props
PROEDGEBIKER
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 9-5 00:38
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Osmo Action 4 mainly focuses on sports scenarios such as skiing, diving, and cycling, where wind can assist the camera in heat dissipation when recording videos with a high resolution or frame rate, which, thereby, makes it possible to record longer videos. If you mainly use it to record your daily life or activities, we recommend you record at 1080p@30fps, as 1080p@30fps is currently the mainstream video format online, and it can also reduce your storage space and facilitate your editing afterward. We appreciate your understanding. Have a great day ahead.

For years, I've been a GoPro user, the overhearing made me move to DJI osmo 3. I use it for many sports, but as I said before, the 3 was perfect in recording 4k 60fps for 2 hours without any issues. The reason I gave up the osmo 3 was due to the lens focus and 2 exchanges. Although 1080p may be a common format, 4k is my preference due to the ability to review plays in better detail. Thx for the feedback though, guess the cam is going back and I'm purchasing another osmo 3.
2023-9-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

PROEDGEBIKER Posted at 9-5 03:23
For years, I've been a GoPro user, the overhearing made me move to DJI osmo 3. I use it for many sports, but as I said before, the 3 was perfect in recording 4k 60fps for 2 hours without any issues. The reason I gave up the osmo 3 was due to the lens focus and 2 exchanges. Although 1080p may be a common format, 4k is my preference due to the ability to review plays in better detail. Thx for the feedback though, guess the cam is going back and I'm purchasing another osmo 3.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please rest assured that we will register the information and provide feedback to the related departments for evaluation. In the future, we will optimize and improve the product or service based on user comments. Thank you for your support and understanding.
2023-9-5
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

I hear you,  are you able to shoot 30FPS and why not 2.7K
2023-9-5
Use props
PROEDGEBIKER
lvl.2
United States

Fishycomics Posted at 9-5 04:20
I hear you,  are you able to shoot 30FPS and why not 2.7K

60fps is crucial for some of the slow-down close plays. I originally started with 2.7, but once I knew the 3 could handle full 4k 60fps, that's all I used for the entire season. 90+ GB per game.
In all honestly, that is the main reason I with to DJI cams, The reviews raved that the 3 didn't overheat, I guess I was just hoping the same for the 4.
2023-9-5
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Maybe DJI can  do a class on how the camera is to work (smiles) and why it overheats.  Hope you find and get back a OA3 and do good with it
2023-9-5
Use props
UnborN
lvl.4
Cyprus

PROEDGEBIKER Posted at 9-5 04:31
60fps is crucial for some of the slow-down close plays. I originally started with 2.7, but once I knew the 3 could handle full 4k 60fps, that's all I used for the entire season. 90+ GB per game.
In all honestly, that is the main reason I with to DJI cams, The reviews raved that the 3 didn't overheat, I guess I was just hoping the same for the 4.

hello PROEDGEBIKER,

Was the camera in direct sunlight ? .. if it was, can you cover it so its in the shade ..
and another thing you can try is remove the battery, leave the battery cover open and use a powerbank to power the action camera.

ps. just got my Action 4 today .. still doing some long capture tests myself.

2023-9-5
Use props
PROEDGEBIKER
lvl.2
United States

UnborN Posted at 9-5 11:13
hello PROEDGEBIKER,

Was the camera in direct sunlight ? .. if it was, can you cover it so its in the shade ..

One time it was, the 2nd it wasn't. But I'm now finding YouTube videos showing this overheating issue when recording with the high rates.
2023-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules