Gimbal and zoom expo settings
424 1 2023-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JustusLM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1579888 ft
Germany

This is a suggestion for a feature that could be implemented, I'm looking for opinions from the community and would love it to be forwarded to the development team.
The idea is pretty simple: We have expo settings for our sticks – why not for our wheels? I feel like this would make it much easier to make slow, precise gimbal movements.

Right now – on the RC Pro, at least – the gimbal wheel feels pretty linear. So, if you want to make slow movements precisely, you have to find a tiny spot right outside the wheel's deadzone, or set your gimbal speed very low. Setting your speed low is a problem when you need to make some faster movements as well, and changing the speed setting constantly is very cumbersome. Smoothness doesn't help, here, because often the gimbal movement needs to match the flight movement precisely, and the smoothness only helps with starting and stopping – and it also makes it harder to stop on a specific point. But if you could lower an expo setting for the gimbal wheel, so it isn't quite as sensitive around the center, it would be much easier to be precise, while still allowing you to be fast when you need to.

The same can be carried over to the zoom wheel. While fast zooms are rarely necessary, it would be nice to have this option. But it's certainly more relevant for the gimbal control. In my opinion, there it is not just a feature that could be added, but one that's sorely missing.

Since the expo curve applies to how the software interprets the input, it should be possible to add this to pretty much all currently supported controllers through a firmware and app update.

I'd love to hear some opinions on this and I hope this could be implemented at some point.
2023-9-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, JustusLM. Thank you for reaching out. Thank you for sharing your insights. We'll take these as suggestions of yours and will forward them to our relevant team for evaluation. After the evaluation of the relevant team, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules