Phantom 3 not accepting firmare...PLEASE HELP
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DenverCO2
New

United States

I have tried multiple times for the firmware to download into the Phantom 3 but nothing work.  I get the normal sound when i turn it on and it makes just a couple of those downloading noises and thats it.  After this happen the front two lights stay solid red, the back two lights blink Yellow.

After I tried a few things when I trun on my Controller its telling me I need to now update my phantom 3, Controller, and my battery.

On top of this it keeps giving me an error message about my gimbal is overloaded.

I just purchased this drone 1 week ago.  Feel like I received a dud

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you,
Paul
2015-9-1
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

have u taken off the white foam that is placed at the back of the gimbal off? it is there for shipping purposes only
2015-9-1
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Yep, The white foam would cause these kinds of errors.
2015-9-1
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try installing the firmware like this:
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/how-to-install-phantom-3-firmware-if-using-dji-go.50065

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-9-1
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

if the p3 senses any gimbal errors it wont go thru the FW update. I know this as i have one with a crashed gimbal, gets the overload error, camera works, sd slot works. but it will not even start the fw update. i put my good camera on it and it would start the fw update just fine.
so check make sure u have taken off the white shipping foam from the back of the gimbal.
2015-9-1
Use props
DenverCO2
New

United States

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE RESPONSES, yes knucklehead me forgot to take off the white foam.  I didn't even see it on there till you guys said something.  
2015-9-2
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Good to hear you are up and running. :-)
2015-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules