2391 35 2023-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JoeriHerremans
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68566 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

DJI RC 2 continues to request Compass calibration even after the September 5 firmware update.  Is this normal or is it my controller?  Anyone else having this problem?
2023-9-5
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yep me too.
2023-9-5
Use props
Joe Dawson
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1790384 ft
Canada

Same issue here... after i do it it stays calibrated for a few days and then asks again days later.
2023-9-5
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've seen that a few times. Funny thing is, I don't see the notice until I access the pull down menu. I would like to think if the controller needed compass calibration, it would be a little more prominent.
2023-9-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm seeing the same Compass calibration nag.  I was hoping today's FW update would have fixed it but it didn't.
2023-9-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, JoeriHerremans. Thank you for reaching out. We have confirmed from our relevant team that this is normal as the compass is affected by strong interference and needs to be calibrated if needed. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2023-9-5
Use props
JoeriHerremans
lvl.4
  • >>>
Belgium

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-5 19:52
Hi, JoeriHerremans. Thank you for reaching out. We have confirmed from our relevant team that this is normal as the compass is affected by strong interference and needs to be calibrated if needed. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.

Yes, but it's just always, I already store my stuff very clean, yesterday after the new update I calibrated, I turned off the controller and immediately turned it back on and I had to calibrate again.  it's just always.  I wouldn't know what could be interfering with the controller.  so something is not right.
20230830_182719-01.jpeg
2023-9-5
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

JoeriHerremans Posted at 9-5 20:28
Yes, but it's just always, I already store my stuff very clean, yesterday after the new update I calibrated, I turned off the controller and immediately turned it back on and I had to calibrate again.  it's just always.  I wouldn't know what could be interfering with the controller.  so something is not right.

What case is it? It looks very tidy and not oversized like some other cases.
2023-9-6
Use props
JoeriHerremans
lvl.4
  • >>>
Belgium

virtual Posted at 9-6 00:21
What case is it? It looks very tidy and not oversized like some other cases.

Ik heb net dit geweldige item op AliExpress gevonden. Bekijk het nu! €37.86  41%OFF | Voor Dji Air 3 Case Zwart Handheld Explosief-Proof Box Voor Dji Air 3 Accessoire Opbergdoos Compatibel Rc2/RC-N2
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKfQesi
2023-9-6
Use props
RappeFiets
lvl.3
Flight distance : 139642 ft
Netherlands

I have the same problem. It always wants you to recalibrate ….
2023-9-6
Use props
DanielVieira
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4633533 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Same here....
2023-9-6
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Also it doesn't do much of a calibration. I hit start and begin to move the controller and it IMMEDIATELY says DONE!
2023-9-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi JoeriHerremans, sorry for the issue you encountered. We want to investigate the case further. Could you please help to connect the controller to DJI Assistant 2 to export the controller log for analysis? You can upload the log to Dropbox or Google Drive and send me the link, thank you very much and look forward to your reply.
2023-9-14
Use props
MaikR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322087 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Strange. I do not own an RC 2 but use the RC-2N and I (think) I do not have the issue. Could it be that it is a message only on the RC 2 controller and that it is not about the drone, or does it go away after calibrating?
2023-9-15
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

JoeriHerremans Posted at 9-6 04:14
Ik heb net dit geweldige item op AliExpress gevonden. Bekijk het nu! €37.86  41%OFF | Voor Dji Air 3 Case Zwart Handheld Explosief-Proof Box Voor Dji Air 3 Accessoire Opbergdoos Compatibel Rc2/RC-N2
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKfQesi

Thank You!
BTW I was asked to calibrate RC2 only once when I turned on the remote for the first time...
2023-9-15
Use props
deciosfernandes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 728061 ft
Portugal

I can't even get mine to calibrate. I spent large minutes doing the figure eight rotation and never got any notification or sign that it calibrated. I get the compass error in the settings and everytime I turn on the remote I get the calibration needed notification
2023-9-19
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Post a screenshot of the warning.
2023-9-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

deciosfernandes Posted at 9-19 14:41
I can't even get mine to calibrate. I spent large minutes doing the figure eight rotation and never got any notification or sign that it calibrated. I get the compass error in the settings and everytime I turn on the remote I get the calibration needed notification

Hello there. May we know what drone are you having a problem with? It's also better if you can show us the operation. Thank you for your patience.
2023-9-20
Use props
deciosfernandes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 728061 ft
Portugal

DJI Tony Posted at 9-20 01:34
Hello there. May we know what drone are you having a problem with? It's also better if you can show us the operation. Thank you for your patience.

Hi,

Its an brand new Air 3, bought the fly more package with the RC2. But the next day I tried it again and it calibrated correctly.

Thabk you the same
2023-9-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

deciosfernandes Posted at 9-22 16:39
Hi,

Its an brand new Air 3, bought the fly more package with the RC2. But the next day I tried it again and it calibrated correctly.

Awesome. I'm glad to know it's normal now. If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach back. Have a great day ahead.
2023-9-25
Use props
Manuel Leon
New
Flight distance : 856335 ft

Mexico

Hello, I can't perform the calibration either. After trying for several minutes, the screen continues and never tells me that it is ready. I don't know if anyone can help me with a solution, please.
2023-9-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Manuel Leon Posted at 9-28 20:38
Hello, I can't perform the calibration either. After trying for several minutes, the screen continues and never tells me that it is ready. I don't know if anyone can help me with a solution, please.

Hello there. Sorry about the inconvenience. Is this also for an RC-2 controller? Have a great day.
2023-10-7
Use props
fenomeno1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8510814 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Think I need to send mine to the guarantee, bought a new one (air 3 with rc2), and after calibrate imu and compass with sucess but doesn't start and in the sensors menu continues  the advice to calibrate imu and compass. Calibrated it for several times but it's with the same problem. Doesn't start, zero sattelites and a warning in main screen saying that there is no GPS module. Can anyone help me solving the problem or the better way is send it to dji?
2023-10-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fenomeno1 Posted at 10-7 09:27
Think I need to send mine to the guarantee, bought a new one (air 3 with rc2), and after calibrate imu and compass with sucess but doesn't start and in the sensors menu continues  the advice to calibrate imu and compass. Calibrated it for several times but it's with the same problem. Doesn't start, zero sattelites and a warning in main screen saying that there is no GPS module. Can anyone help me solving the problem or the better way is send it to dji?

Hello there. Can you please try removing the microSD card from the aircraft, and then try again? Thank you.
2023-10-7
Use props
fenomeno1
lvl.2
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI Tony Posted at 10-7 22:33
Hello there. Can you please try removing the microSD card from the aircraft, and then try again? Thank you.

Hello, thanks for the tip,i'll try it when i return home and let you know.
2023-10-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fenomeno1 Posted at 10-9 15:02
Hello, thanks for the tip,i'll try it when i return home and let you know.

You are most welcome. Please keep us posted. Have a great day ahead.
2023-10-10
Use props
GFly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12818 ft

Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 10-10 01:55

I have the Matrice 300 and every time i turn on the RC it flashes greenish-blue, beeps until i open a flight, click on the RC icon, and calibrate the joysticks. I have to make sure the UAV is turned off before i calibrate. This has been happening for 3 months. Everything else work fine. Need assistance before i send it back to DJI.
2023-10-10
Use props
fenomeno1
lvl.2
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI Tony Posted at 10-10 01:55

Hi Tony, unfortunately didn't work. I've sent it to dji to solve the problem. Thanks anyway.
2023-10-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

GFly Posted at 10-10 04:58
I have the Matrice 300 and every time i turn on the RC it flashes greenish-blue, beeps until i open a flight, click on the RC icon, and calibrate the joysticks. I have to make sure the UAV is turned off before i calibrate. This has been happening for 3 months. Everything else work fine. Need assistance before i send it back to DJI.

Hello there. Have you already tried relinking the remote to the aircraft? Flashing blue and beeping means it's in the linking state.
2023-10-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fenomeno1 Posted at 10-10 12:50
Hi Tony, unfortunately didn't work. I've sent it to dji to solve the problem. Thanks anyway.

Hi, fenomeno1. I'm sorry you had to send it. I hope you receive it in no time. Please reach back if you need further assistance. Have a nice day.
2023-10-10
Use props
fenomeno1
lvl.2
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI Tony Posted at 10-10 21:26
Hi, fenomeno1. I'm sorry you had to send it. I hope you receive it in no time. Please reach back if you need further assistance. Have a nice day.

Ok, i will. Have a nice day.
2023-10-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fenomeno1 Posted at 10-11 15:25
Ok, i will. Have a nice day.

Alright, fenomeno1. Any time will do. We appreciate your patience.
2023-10-14
Use props
Iggy Row
New

Argentina

Compre hace 1 dia un MINI 4 PRO fly more
No logro calibrar la brujula de mi control rc2. Muevo el control como indica pero NUNCA me dice que esta listo.
2023-10-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Iggy Row Posted at 10-20 06:17
Compre hace 1 dia un MINI 4 PRO fly more
No logro calibrar la brujula de mi control rc2. Muevo el control como indica pero NUNCA me dice que esta listo.

Hi there. Sorry about the inconvenience. Are you also getting a message to calibrate the compass? Thank you.
2023-10-25
Use props
gabriel viguera
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42300 ft

Chile

Hello community, in September I bought the DJI Air 3 fly more combo, I have realized that the remote control shows a compass calibration error that never ends when trying to calibrate. I hope it is a software error and I don't have to return my DJI. Could anyone resolve this error?
2023-10-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

gabriel viguera Posted at 10-28 05:19
Hello community, in September I bought the DJI Air 3 fly more combo, I have realized that the remote control shows a compass calibration error that never ends when trying to calibrate. I hope it is a software error and I don't have to return my DJI. Could anyone resolve this error?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please take a screenshot showing the said error message so we can check it further? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules