2486 80 2023-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Hey Guys, Just to let you know that we sometimes say Dji Ignores us and yes they do sometimes but they also read the forums and do listen. They implement features that we ask for and also some new features. Keep posting and requesting and hopefully we can get all what we as customers ask for. Keep the faith.

Screenshot 2023-09-06 at 06.48.05.png
2023-9-5
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

When we get the SDK, my offer to buy them all dinner is still on the table.
2023-9-5
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

TonyPHX Posted at 9-5 12:43
When we get the SDK, my offer to buy them all dinner is still on the table.

Good offer
2023-9-5
Use props
MS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 54469 ft
United States

That's great news. Hats off to DJI.

What if anything have they removed? ;-)
2023-9-5
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, there. We appreciate your feedback. Should you have any DJI-related concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-9-5
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Alway good to hear about the positives.
2023-9-5
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

We call this "selective hearing" and as far as the faith, well... if you are wearing blinkers, then yes...
2023-9-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's just a shame that some of the app features which are not drone related like the framing or home point marker were not for all current drones.
2023-9-6
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 9-5 16:09
Hi, there. We appreciate your feedback. Should you have any DJI-related concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Can you please tell me if I will have to update the RC Pro to the latest firmware to be able to use the new Fly App and Mavic 3 Pro updates, or can I remain on a lower controller firmware?
Thanks.
2023-9-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DAFlys Posted at 9-6 01:50
It's just a shame that some of the app features which are not drone related like the framing or home point marker were not for all current drones.

It would have been nice to carry those over to the likes of the mini etc
2023-9-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

MS Posted at 9-6 07:04
Can you please tell me if I will have to update the RC Pro to the latest firmware to be able to use the new Fly App and Mavic 3 Pro updates, or can I remain on a lower controller firmware?
Thanks.

Yes because the updates sit within the app as well.
2023-9-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Blériot53 Posted at 9-5 23:33
Alway good to hear about the positives.

Yes it is Mr B
2023-9-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Burt37 Posted at 9-5 23:57
We call this "selective hearing" and as far as the faith, well... if you are wearing blinkers, then yes...

Maybe but I am also still in conversation with them about the SDK and why we want it so they are still asking which means they are still listening. See my post in Mavic Pilots.
2023-9-6
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Suren Posted at 9-6 10:41
Maybe but I am also still in conversation with them about the SDK and why we want it so they are still asking which means they are still listening. See my post in Mavic Pilots.

Don't get me wrong. I fully appreciate your optimism in this company and sure enough good news are  always welcome...
But based on the list of items and/or fixes requested that you can see around here, It just seems like a drop in the ocean. I just wish it was simpler and easier, that's all...

In our case, having to constantly login into DJI, just to be able to fly the drones, and because of the area of where we operate the drones, it doesn't mean much to have new options available, when you can't actually fly because your radios have log out again...

The Mini 3 Pro could have been a good thing, but in summer and in north QLD, it doesn't cope well with the heat. Again, none of these are your problems, but as you can see, some of us have trouble finding optimism towards this company... They keep releasing half baked and incompatible products, and it takes years to get things sorted...

We were going to try the new Air 3, but as it turned out, none of the DJI radios we currently own are good or compatible, so, like you said, faith is all we have left here...
2023-9-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 9-5 12:43
When we get the SDK, my offer to buy them all dinner is still on the table.

I don't think you'll ever be paying that dinner bill.  
2023-9-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Burt37 Posted at 9-6 13:05
Don't get me wrong. I fully appreciate your optimism in this company and sure enough good news are  always welcome...
But based on the list of items and/or fixes requested that you can see around here, It just seems like a drop in the ocean. I just wish it was simpler and easier, that's all...

I hear where you are coming from and was also under the same conception until i bought Autel. They literally have no support, their drones when launched are not even half baked but come with very minimal features, they advertise features that will be on a drone but it never arrives, even after a year and half. I bought the Evo 2 V3, good camera but was missing so many features that was on the previous V1 and V2 models. I ended up selling the Evo Lite, Nano and V3 drones because they were just so unreliable and unstable and lacked all the promised features that Autel said it will have. Autel just then moved to Enterprise drones and left consumers hanging.
2023-9-6
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-6 13:18
I don't think you'll ever be paying that dinner bill.

That's indeed a safe bet..

But perhaps bribery could be a possible way of speeding things up a bit...
2023-9-6
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Suren Posted at 9-6 13:21
I hear where you are coming from and was also under the same conception until i bought Autel. They literally have no support, their drones when launched are not even half baked but come with very minimal features, they advertise features that will be on a drone but it never arrives, even after a year and half. I bought the Evo 2 V3, good camera but was missing so many features that was on the previous V1 and V2 models. I ended up selling the Evo Lite, Nano and V3 drones because they were just so unreliable and unstable and lacked all the promised features that Autel said it will have. Autel just then moved to Enterprise drones and left consumers hanging.

I'm so glad you just posted this reply...

Just last night, my brother, was asking me about the Autel Evo V2 Pro.. I have no knowledge on the Autel, and I couldn't find enough information..

So in your opinion, it wouldn't be worth it to try out one of them, mainly because of where my brother do fly there is no internet available, so the DJI radios keep logging out after a bit...

Do the Autel radio have the same DJI limitation, as in, the need to stay logged in to being able to fly?

2023-9-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Burt37 Posted at 9-6 13:40
I'm so glad you just posted this reply...

Just last night, my brother, was asking me about the Autel Evo V2 Pro.. I have no knowledge on the Autel, and I couldn't find enough information..

With Autel, you can fly without having to log into an account and also no geo-fencing but i caution you about their support. I had friends in Aussie who said that even there, Autel support is becoming non existent.
2023-9-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Burt37 Posted at 9-6 13:29
That's indeed a safe bet..

But perhaps bribery could be a possible way of speeding things up a bit...

Hey, if it will speed things up I'm willing to help with the cost of the dinner.  
2023-9-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

MS Posted at 9-6 07:04
Can you please tell me if I will have to update the RC Pro to the latest firmware to be able to use the new Fly App and Mavic 3 Pro updates, or can I remain on a lower controller firmware?
Thanks.

Hello there. To take advantage of the device's newly added functions, it is advised that both the aircraft and the remote controller be updated. Thank you.
2023-9-6
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Suren Posted at 9-6 13:53
With Autel, you can fly without having to log into an account and also no geo-fencing but i caution you about their support. I had friends in Aussie who said that even there, Autel support is becoming non existent.

Thank you.. I'll pass the message, so that then he can decide if he wants to go ahead...

I think he will because he has no choice...
2023-9-6
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-6 14:18
Hey, if it will speed things up I'm willing to help with the cost of the dinner.

Me too...

I was also thinking of starting a thread titled "Customers Priority List", but then realised that most of the forum threads are already a list...
2023-9-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Burt37 Posted at 9-6 21:04
Me too...

I was also thinking of starting a thread titled "Customers Priority List", but then realised that most of the forum threads are already a list...

Yes, there are already a lot of feature request thread.  However, if there were a priority list based on votes maybe that would at least persuade DJI of what the consumers feel are the most important featured to add.  
2023-9-7
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United States

Suren Posted at 9-6 10:39
Yes because the updates sit within the app as well.

Thank you.
2023-9-7
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 9-6 14:22
Hello there. To take advantage of the device's newly added functions, it is advised that both the aircraft and the remote controller be updated. Thank you.

Thank  you.
2023-9-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

You are most welcome. Should you have questions, please let us know or contact https://www.dji.com/support for assistance. Have a nice day!
2023-9-7
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Burt37 Posted at 9-6 13:05
But based on the list of items and/or fixes requested that you can see around here, It just seems like a drop in the ocean. I just wish it was simpler and easier, that's all...

In our case, having to constantly login into DJI, just to be able to fly the drones

This is becoming the biggest pain with DJI drones, once you don’t sign out you should not have to re-sign in constantly. If you end up in an area without internet coverage you’re not going to be able to fly. This form of control is becoming ridiculous.
2023-9-8
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Hallmark007 Posted at 9-8 00:45
In our case, having to constantly login into DJI, just to be able to fly the drones

Too late for us...

My brother just purchased this morning a new Autel Evo V2 Pro... I don't think he's coming back...

2023-9-8
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5098691 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you don't speak up you can't get what you want.
2023-9-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 9-8 03:38
If you don't speakup youcan't get what you want.

That's ignoring DJI reality.
Here, speaking up and telling what you want doesn't achieve anything in this forum or with DJI.
DJI couldn't care less about what customers want.
That's a point that is made clear in this forum every day.
How many hundreds of times have you seen moderators copying and pasting their inane robotic reply that says something like ...
Thankyou for your suggestion.
We will forward it to our R&D department for evaluation.

But nothing ever happens as a result.
Nothing.
It's just a polite way to make customers think they have been listened to and hope they go away.
2023-9-8
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 9-8 05:03
Here, speaking up and telling what you want doesn't achieve anything in this forum or with DJI.

Understood. I am sure they do send off ideas on the forum to corporate.  i don't agree with some of the choices made of late. Hopefully they will learn. Apple is a prime example. As they come out with more versions they have hobbled their customers. The customers sometime respond with keep it. I'll go elsewhere. In some of the cases like giving up SDK, Dual controllers limited features for each niche. The number of sales or lack there of will help shape their decisions. Vote with your wallet.
2023-9-8
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Burt37 Posted at 9-8 01:12
Too late for us...

My brother just purchased this morning a new Autel Evo V2 Pro... I don't think he's coming back...

The Autel's have some interesting features but their exit from the consumer market like Skydio concerns me. I almost bought a  the Autel II pro v3 with RTK because I want good cinematic video and the ability to do mapping, but if they abandon their consumer products the drone becomes a brick. Waiting to see what happens.
2023-9-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 9-8 05:09
Understood. I am sure they do send off ideas on the forum to corporate.  i don't agree with some of the choices made of late. Hopefully they will learn. Apple is a prime example. As they come out with more versions they have hobbled their customers. The customers sometime respond with keep it. I'll go elsewhere. In some of the cases like giving up SDK, Dual controllers limited features for each niche. The number of sales or lack there of will help shape their decisions. Vote with your wallet.

Vote with your wallet.
That only means something if there is actually an alternative.
If an iPhone doesn't do what you want, you can always look toward Samsung or a dozen alternatives.
But for drones, there is no alternative.
DJI make the best, and what passes for competition, doesn't match up.
2023-9-8
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 9-8 05:15
Vote with your wallet.
That only means something if there is actually an alternative.
If an iPhone doesn't do what you want, you can always look toward Samsung or a dozen alternatives.

Absolutely Correct.
2023-9-8
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

BetterBizTech Posted at 9-8 03:38
If you don't speak up you can't get what you want.

You’re almost correct, and though some can’t see the wood from the trees, its quite obvious that many here have requested and passed on their wishes to improve DJI products and this forum I’m certain is used as an active forum for discussion for what DJI’s customers look for in their products. Almost every manufacturing company use similar platforms to view how customers use and view their products it would be and is ludicrous to think any successful company ignores what their customers views are on their products.
It’s not to say that all requests will be added or improved and in some cases logic will prevail, but there have so many changes and improvements right up to this week that have been made and whether that’s because members here suggested or development at DJI decided makes no difference.
DJI are a private company and can freely decide to ignore their customers , but I don’t think many companies would survive and become the dominant market leader’s if they choose to ignore customers.

To say DJI cares nothing about what customers wants is ridiculous and comes from someone who hasn’t a clue how business works.
To say there is something wrong with “we will forward to our R&D department for evaluation “ is also ridiculous, should they have a different answer every time someone makes a suggestion . if someone here suggests that they allow downward sensors to be turned off and this is forwarded to the R&D and in the future it gets implemented , who’s to say suggestions didn’t help in this matter. So your post is almost correct . If you don’t speak up you will never know if it would have helped or not. The wheels do move slowly ;+)
2023-9-8
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 9-8 05:03

Labs, on this you are incorrect. When the Mini 3 and RC hit the market, there was much clamor over the range, Some found that turning off wifi helped. Soon after there was an update that automatically turned off the sifi at takeoff. Then waypoints for the Mavic 3, just this week major update with several ASKED FOR improvements and features. And exactly what would be a better response than - we have forwarded this to the proper channel? What else can a moderator do?
2023-9-8
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hallmark007 Posted at 9-8 07:46
You’re almost correct, and though some can’t see the wood from the trees, its quite obvious that many here have requested and passed on their wishes to improve DJI products and this forum I’m certain is used as an active forum for discussion for what DJI’s customers look for in their products. Almost every manufacturing company use similar platforms to view how customers use and view their products it would be and is ludicrous to think any successful company ignores what their customers views are on their products.
It’s not to say that all requests will be added or improved and in some cases logic will prevail, but there have so many changes and improvements right up to this week that have been made and whether that’s because members here suggested or development at DJI decided makes no difference.
DJI are a private company and can freely decide to ignore their customers , but I don’t think many companies would survive and become the dominant market leader’s if they choose to ignore customers.

Very True. The biggest issue that people don't realize is that disruptive technology is planned to create obsolescence by every company today. We have to hope all companies listen to when the consumer won't tolerate service issues or changes that don't make sense.
2023-9-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-8 07:59
Labs, on this you are incorrect. When the Mini 3 and RC hit the market, there was much clamor over the range, Some found that turning off wifi helped. Soon after there was an update that automatically turned off the sifi at takeoff. Then waypoints for the Mavic 3, just this week major update with several ASKED FOR improvements and features. And exactly what would be a better response than - we have forwarded this to the proper channel? What else can a moderator do?

It's very clear that DJI will not be responsive to calls for SDK support of the Mavic 3 line, no matter how much wailing comes from consumers.
They've made it clear that you can't use their consumer models for mapping as you could back in the days of the Phantom 4 pro and Mavic 2.
Now they want you to pay lots more for one of their enterprise drones - that will do mapping, but won't be as good as the consumer version for use for general photography or video!

And exactly what would be a better response than - we have forwarded this to the proper channel? What else can a moderator do?
How about simply abstaining from repeating the same mantra that we all know really means - your suggestion is going to beignored, justr like everyone else's was before.
Just saying nothing would be a lot better.
They can manage it with lots of other questions that users ask.

2023-9-8
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 9-8 11:23
It's very clear that DJI will not be responsive to calls for SDK support of the Mavic 3 line, no matter how much wailing comes from consumers.
They've made it clear that you can't use their consumer models for mapping as you could back in the days of the Phantom 4 pro and Mavic 2.
Now they want you to pay lots more for one of their enterprise drones - that will do mapping, but won't be as good as the consumer version for use for general photography or video!

Many suggestion have been implemented. All you need do is read the release notes. This week's most requested feature is to be able to turn VPS off, now you can.
2023-9-8
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules