Screen protector for RC 2 recommendation?
2190 11 2023-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

I see a few manufactures that offer screen protector for DJI RC (RC 2). Do You have good experience with some tempered glass protector?
I want to protect screen from scratches but not affect the sensitivity, plus I've seen shields with sharp edges (for mobile phone), that were very uncomfortable to use...

2023-9-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have a generic glass one on the DJI RC which I believe is identical screen to the RC2 and it's been great,   shows the finger prints a little bit bit easily wiped off.   And cheap on eBay.
2023-9-6
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Czechia

Thank You for the input. I will certainly try some protector as reviewers say that display can be scratched easily... You're right, AFAIK screen size should be the same on both (DJI RC and DJI RC 2).
P.S. Perfect fit is important as well for me.

2023-9-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

virtual Posted at 9-6 02:23
Thank You for the input. I will certainly try some protector as reviewers say that display can be scratched easily... You're right, AFAIK screen size should be the same on both (DJI RC and DJI RC 2).
P.S. Perfect fit is important as well for me.

I bought the Skyreat 2-Pack and used it on the RC that came with the Mini 3 Pro.  It fit well and and had no rought edges so I bought the same brand for my RC2.  I've only had it on for 2 weeks now but no issue with it as far as fit or any negative effects to screen sensitivity. I'm not the best at installing screen protectors so I had my grandson install them for me.  He had a summer job at an Verizon sotre so he had plenty of practice installing screen protectors.  He had no issues with bubble or corners sticking up like a few reviews noted.  

https://www.amazon.com/Skyreat-C ... %2Caps%2C115&sr=8-6
2023-9-6
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Czechia

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-6 12:55
I bought the Skyreat 2-Pack and used it on the RC that came with the Mini 3 Pro.  It fit well and and had no rought edges so I bought the same brand for my RC2.  I've only had it on for 2 weeks now but no issue with it as far as fit or any negative effects to screen sensitivity. I'm not the best at installing screen protectors so I had my grandson install them for me.  He had a summer job at an Verizon sotre so he had plenty of practice installing screen protectors.  He had no issues with bubble or corners sticking up like a few reviews noted.  

Thank You for Your feedback! It looks like the Skyreat and Mr. Shield have best custommers reviews, I'll try one of them...
2023-9-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

virtual Posted at 9-13 05:48
Thank You for Your feedback! It looks like the Skyreat and Mr. Shield have best custommers reviews, I'll try one of them...

I hope they work as well for you as they did for me.  
2023-9-13
Use props
fans192e41c4
lvl.1

United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-6 12:55
I bought the Skyreat 2-Pack and used it on the RC that came with the Mini 3 Pro.  It fit well and and had no rought edges so I bought the same brand for my RC2.  I've only had it on for 2 weeks now but no issue with it as far as fit or any negative effects to screen sensitivity. I'm not the best at installing screen protectors so I had my grandson install them for me.  He had a summer job at an Verizon sotre so he had plenty of practice installing screen protectors.  He had no issues with bubble or corners sticking up like a few reviews noted.  

This is the one I use
2023-9-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

fans192e41c4 Posted at 9-14 08:55
This is the one I use

Good to know it worked well for you also.  
2023-9-14
Use props
BearMan54
lvl.3
Flight distance : 161923 ft
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-6 01:47
I have a generic glass one on the DJI RC which I believe is identical screen to the RC2 and it's been great,   shows the finger prints a little bit bit easily wiped off.   And cheap on eBay.

I bought the matt finish & there's hardly any fingerprints & the sun doesn't reflect as bad...
2023-9-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BearMan54 Posted at 9-22 01:10
I bought the matt finish & there's hardly any fingerprints & the sun doesn't reflect as bad...

I'll have to try one of those next time then.
2023-9-22
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Czechia

I got Skyreat protector and it is a good choice, perfect fit and comfortable to use, no sharp edges, fingers slide easy on screen, haven't noticed any effects to screen sensitivity. I have regular (not that matt finish) so it shows fingerprints like display without screen shield...
2023-9-26
Use props
itsalbertZ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 988310 ft
United States

I bought the skyreat one too. It's super easy to install since RC2 has rise edges around the screen. You just slap the screen protector on and they will align perfectly.
2023-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules