DJI Care Refresh after drone sold to new owner
3403 7 2023-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
THE VOICE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52720 ft
Luxembourg

Hello, This has probably been asked many many times but to confirm can the first owner transfer the DJI care Refresh with the drone to the new owner ? If so can the information of the new owner be indicated in DJI data base or on the Service agreement  Example new owners Name phone number Email ? Obviously the product and serial number stay the same.I ask because if a claim is made how does the new owner go about making the claim when all the document are in the name of the first owner?
2023-9-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, there. Thank you for bringing this up. Please be advised that DJI Care Refresh cannot be transferred after purchase. If the long-term use of your aircraft changes, it is recommended that the seller must remove the bound account and let the new user bind his DJI account. Binding an aircraft with an account means the account has ownership of the aircraft. Only bound accounts can apply for DJI Care flyaway coverage. If the bound account is changed, it means device ownership is transferred to the new account. Thank you.
2023-9-6
Use props
THE VOICE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52720 ft
Luxembourg

DJI Diana Posted at 9-6 10:22
Hi, there. Thank you for bringing this up. Please be advised that DJI Care Refresh cannot be transferred after purchase. If the long-term use of your aircraft changes, it is recommended that the seller must remove the bound account and let the new user bind his DJI account. Binding an aircraft with an account means the account has ownership of the aircraft. Only bound accounts can apply for DJI Care flyaway coverage. If the bound account is changed, it means device ownership is transferred to the new account. Thank you.

Thanks for you reply.. Its confusing because I read on legitimate sites that the Care Refresh is value and tied to the drone itself regardless who flys it? Another question if one buys a year old drone from example E Bay and it already has a valid 2 year Care Refresh is it possible to enter a complete new Care Refresh contract being a new owner of the purchased drone?
2023-9-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

THE VOICE Posted at 9-6 12:06
Thanks for you reply.. Its confusing because I read on legitimate sites that the Care Refresh is value and tied to the drone itself regardless who flys it? Another question if one buys a year old drone from example E Bay and it already has a valid 2 year Care Refresh is it possible to enter a complete new Care Refresh contract being a new owner of the purchased drone?

Thank you for your response. Yes, the DJI Care Refresh is activated on the serial of the device. If the previous owner has already purchased the service plan and it is still active, the new owner can still extend it as long as they meet the purchasing criteria.
2023-9-6
Use props
IgorSocha
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1332858 ft
Slovakia

DJI Diana Posted at 2023-9-6 16:38
Thank you for your response. Yes, the DJI Care Refresh is activated on the serial of the device. If the previous owner has already purchased the service plan and it is still active, the new owner can still extend it as long as they meet the purchasing criteria.

"as they meet the purchasing criteria" - what does it mean exactly?
Thank you.

1-4 12:53
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

IgorSocha Posted at 1-4 12:53
"as they meet the purchasing criteria" - what does it mean exactly?
Thank you.

Hi. Thank you for bringing this up. To purchase the DJI Care Refresh, one of the following conditions must be met:
     · Brand new and unactivated product;
     · Aircraft or gimbal product activated within 48 hours;
If you have missed the purchase window for DJI Care Refresh, you are allowed to purchase and activate DJI Care Refresh after passing video verification. Once your video passes the verification, you will be notified via email and eligible to purchase DJI Care Refresh within 72 hours. For more information, please visit our official website through this link. Thank you.
1-4 15:37
Use props
IgorSocha
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1332858 ft
Slovakia

DJI Diana Posted at 1-4 15:37
Hi. Thank you for bringing this up. To purchase the DJI Care Refresh, one of the following conditions must be met:
     · Brand new and unactivated product;
     · Aircraft or gimbal product activated within 48 hours;

Thank you for your answer.
So, from the whole discussion appears, that it has no use for me to buy second hand Mavic 3 with Care Refresh, as it is not transferable and it´s not new, and already activated.
I just sold Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic Mini 2 and trying to decide between Mavic 3 (discontinued) and Air 3. I like 20Mpix camera on Mavic 3 together with zoom camera more than Mavic 3 Classic. Therefore I don´t want Classic, but at the same time I´d like to be covered with DJI Care Refresh, so it means, that i can have only new Air 3, or second hand Mavic 3 without Care Refresh. Mavic 3 Pro is out of my budget and it´s not C1
1-5 09:21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

IgorSocha Posted at 1-5 09:21
Thank you for your answer.
So, from the whole discussion appears, that it has no use for me to buy second hand Mavic 3 with Care Refresh, as it is not transferable and it´s not new, and already activated.
I just sold Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic Mini 2 and trying to decide between Mavic 3 (discontinued) and Air 3. I like 20Mpix camera on Mavic 3 together with zoom camera more than Mavic 3 Classic. Therefore I don´t want Classic, but at the same time I´d like to be covered with DJI Care Refresh, so it means, that i can have only new Air 3, or second hand Mavic 3 without Care Refresh. Mavic 3 Pro is out of my budget and it´s not C1

Hi, there. Thank you for providing the information. The DJI Care Refresh is not transferable. However, if you bought a used aircraft and the service plan is still active, you can still take advantage of it. If the long-term use of your aircraft changes, it is recommended that the previous owner remove the bound account and let the new user bind his APP account. Binding an aircraft to an account means the account has ownership of the aircraft. Only bound accounts can apply for DJI Care flyaway coverage. If the bound account is changed, it means device ownership is transferred to the new account. I hope this helps. Thank you.
1-5 16:30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules