Propeller breaking in mid air
824 22 2023-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
J0NAS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2111886 ft
United States

Is the second time that my propeller xplode in the air. Is happening in the same side of motor, I know  this has happend to other people, I contact dji support to let them know the issue. I don't know if i should go with aftermarket propellers.
Dji should make different props
20230903_140846.jpg
2023-9-6
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's possible they have already switched to better props.  Why not just try props from Master Airscrew?
2023-9-6
Use props
J0NAS
lvl.2
United States

Im a bit concern about master air screw I have them on my dji fpv but people were having the same issues. Do you have them on your avata? You think they are better
2023-9-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

J0NAS Posted at 9-6 12:24
Im a bit concern about master air screw I have them on my dji fpv but people were having the same issues. Do you have them on your avata? You think they are better

I have Master Air Screw props on my Air 2S and Mini 3 Pro.  They are much more durable than the DJI OEM props.   I've never hand one break, especially while in mid-air.  I'm sure they are made just as well for the Avata.  
2023-9-6
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

J0NAS Posted at 9-6 12:24
Im a bit concern about master air screw I have them on my dji fpv but people were having the same issues. Do you have them on your avata? You think they are better

i have them, just waiting to install them if/when i have issues with the stock props.  as soon as i break a prop or crash and have a damaged prop, mas will be installed....for sure.
2023-9-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the incident that happened to your unit. I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You may start up a ticket case using this link https://repair.dji.com/repair/index . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2023-9-6
Use props
J0NAS
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-6 18:51
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the incident that happened to your unit. I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You may start up a ticket case using this link https://repair.dji.com/repair/index . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

Hello, the drone is fine no damages were done. The problem is not the unit is the propellers. I do have  refresh care, you think I should still send it in?
2023-9-6
Use props
BudWalker
First Officer
Flight distance : 5966247 ft
  • >>>
United States

Some have experienced problems using the Master Air Screw props. Take a look at
https://forum.phantomhelp.com/t/master-airscrew-ludicrous-defect/9089
2023-9-7
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

BudWalker Posted at 9-7 05:29
Some have experienced problems using the Master Air Screw props. Take a look at
https://forum.phantomhelp.com/t/master-airscrew-ludicrous-defect/9089

Those look like the MAS for the DJI FPV not the Avata.  Yes there was an issue with the MAS prop for the DJI FPV and Master Airscrew sent everyone an updated set of props for free to replace the previous ones which might have an issue.
2023-9-7
Use props
J0NAS
lvl.2
United States

The Saint Posted at 9-6 11:20
It's possible they have already switched to better props.  Why not just try props from Master Airscrew?

Yeah those are for the fpv and different model lidacris +. I had those on my fpv and trew them away when I saw people having problems.
2023-9-7
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

J0NAS Posted at 9-7 06:46
Yeah those are for the fpv and different model lidacris +. I had those on my fpv and trew them away when I saw people having problems.

I never had problem with mine but when i got the replacements, i ditched the older ones as well; no since taking a risk that has been identified and acknowledged

no such issues with avata to my knowledge
2023-9-7
Use props
MRDroneRookie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1939347 ft
Canada

I have been using the Master Airscrew 4 blade. I think the hub is stronger than the stock props as the screw holes are centered in front of two of the blades as opposed to the 5 blade stock props having less plastic in front of the screw holes because of the blade position. More expensive than stock but seem to work well and are colorfull. edit. Also easier to get to the sd card.
2023-9-8
Use props
J0NAS
lvl.2
United States

MRDroneRookie Posted at 9-8 14:10
I have been using the Master Airscrew 4 blade. I think the hub is stronger than the stock props as the screw holes are centered in front of two of the blades as opposed to the 5 blade stock props having less plastic in front of the screw holes because of the blade position. More expensive than stock but seem to work well and are colorfull.

Thank you, I  just order them
2023-9-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

J0NAS Posted at 9-6 19:44
Hello, the drone is fine no damages were done. The problem is not the unit is the propellers. I do have  refresh care, you think I should still send it in?

Thank you for the clarification, J0NAS. We're glad that there is no damage to the unit after the incident. There is no need to send the unit in as long as the drone is flying normally without any issues or error messages. If ever you encounter any instability or error messages, feel free to contact us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-9-8
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

I have searched the videos on the MA props, but now i am confused on that to get.... the 3 or 4 blade...
I see they now  have black, so the colour will suit my wrap on my avata:

to bad they don't have yellow :p
2023-9-10
Use props
J0NAS
lvl.2
United States

BadBert Posted at 9-10 23:53
I have searched the videos on the MA props, but now i am confused on that to get.... the 3 or 4 blade...
I see they now  have black, so the colour will suit my wrap on my avata:
[view_image]

I seen videos saying the 4 blade works better, that's the one I got
2023-9-11
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I have searched the videos on the MA props, but now i am confused on that to get.... the 3 or 4 blade...
I see they now  have black, so the colour will suit my wrap on my avata:
[view_image]

Love that skin!  
2023-9-11
Use props
Minime0815
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1996804 ft
Germany

I have searched the videos on the MA props, but now i am confused on that to get.... the 3 or 4 blade...
[view_image]

3 Blades are crappy...tested this some days ago. horizon level doenst match anymore. drone is shaky as f*** while hovering. if you go down the drone shakes as hell. send the props back. iam back to the stock props.

and no, i made no mistake while i sap the props.
2023-9-11
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Netherlands

J0NAS Posted at 9-11 11:14
I seen videos saying the 4 blade works better, that's the one I got

Thanks!

@The Saint: thanks i saw that and just HAD TO HAVE IT lol
2023-9-11
Use props
ars.fabula
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2108435 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Happened to me also... and got it on camera as the propeller was flying away solo. It's the central part of the propeller that breaks up... So do check that part also and not only the blades.

Greg.
2023-10-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

ars.fabula Posted at 10-13 10:19
[view_image]

Happened to me also... and got it on camera as the propeller was flying away solo. It's the central part of the propeller that breaks up... So do check that part also and not only the blades.

Hi there. We're sorry to hear about the incident that happened to your unit. If the unit experiences a hard landing after the propeller issue, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You may contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2023-10-19
Use props
digibud
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7820246 ft
  • >>>
United States

[view_image]

where did you get that skin?? Iooked everywhere I could find...
2023-10-21
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Netherlands

digibud Posted at 10-21 11:25
where did you get that skin?? Iooked everywhere I could find...

Ebay:
https://www.ebay.nl/itm/17559322 ... Ctkp%3ABFBM3rLws-ti

it is a German seller, so i don't know if he shipt to your country...
he makes high quality skins for a lot of different drones
and yes, he designs prints and cuts them himself! That is also the reason you can't find any other skins of this design anywhere else, and not even a skin that covers that much of a drone.
2023-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules