How to copy RC cached vids without removing SD card?
1730 11 2023-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wolf188
lvl.1
United States

Greetings,

I have a brand new Mini 3 Pro.  It is the third DJi drone I've owned, but the first with the RC.

I know the drone SD card has the actual very high res vids and that the RC controller has 1080P (cached) vids on the SD card. I tealize this request seems a bit counter-intuitive, but at this time I want to get the (smaller) cached video files from the RC controller SD card on to my Windiows PC.  

I know I can take the SD card out of the RC, and put it in my PC and copy them, but I was hoping for another method (WiFi, Bluetooth, Cable) where I DIDN'T have to remove the SD card from the controller.  Thanks.

2023-9-6
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12477300 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi

Just connect the RC using a C-cable to your PC. (power RC up first, and wait little, than connect cable)

Use PC file explorer to read out RC internal memory (for the flightlogs)  and the SD card for the screen recordings.

cheers
JJB
2023-9-6
Use props
Wolf188
lvl.1
United States

JJB, Thanks for the quick reply.  I've tried that.  All drives/folders are empty.  The SD card is a 128gb.  I can see the vids on the controller if I select "aircraft Album".  On the "Intternal" I see flight data, but I don't see anything resembling vid files.   See attached. I presume the 119 GB "DISK" is the SD card.  Internal has the flight data but neither have vid files.  If I move the SD crd to the PC, as I mentioned above, I can see the vids.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
Controller 1.jpg
Controller 2.jpg
Controller 3.jpg
Controller 4.jpg
Controller 5.jpg
2023-9-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The caches in the DJI Fly app album of the DJI RC Remote Controller can be exported to Android mobile devices via Bluetooth in the following path:

Path: Go to the drop-down menu on the DJI RC and tap the small gear icon in the top right corner (system settings) -> Storage -> Internal share storage -> photos&videos -> images (even if the content is shown as 0 B) to display the caches.
Note: The caches are saved in the internal storage, but it is advertised that DJI RC does not have any internal storage. This internal storage refers to an inaccessible storage space, and the caches inside can be viewed when a microSD card is installed in the DJI RC. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-9-6
Use props
Wolf188
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-6 18:47
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The caches in the DJI Fly app album of the DJI RC Remote Controller can be exported to Android mobile devices via Bluetooth in the following path:

Path: Go to the drop-down menu on the DJI RC and tap the small gear icon in the top right corner (system settings) -> Storage -> Internal share storage -> photos&videos -> images (even if the content is shown as 0 B) to display the caches.

Dji Paladin, Thanks for the reply.

<<The caches in the DJI Fly app album of the DJI RC Remote Controller can be exported to Android mobile devices via Bluetooth>>  I don't have an android device. I have an iphone with very little memory.  I need to use a windows PC.
Thanks.
2023-9-6
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12477300 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wolf188 Posted at 9-6 11:58
JJB, Thanks for the quick reply.  I've tried that.  All drives/folders are empty.  The SD card is a 128gb.  I can see the vids on the controller if I select "aircraft Album".  On the "Intternal" I see flight data, but I don't see anything resembling vid files.   See attached. I presume the 119 GB "DISK" is the SD card.  Internal has the flight data but neither have vid files.  If I move the SD crd to the PC, as I mentioned above, I can see the vids.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Hi,

If i connect the USB cable RC>PC while RC is busy loading etc, folders are empty

So i wait until RC finish its loading, than connect to my PC

see screen-shot for my file locations, Folder Movies (internal storage) where the screen recordings are saved.

cheers
JJB
RC.png
2023-9-6
Use props
Pleomax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 835725 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

Download the manual at this link.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Manual_v1.0_EN.pdf

Check page 14 and also refer to page 30

2023-9-7
Use props
Wolf188
lvl.1
United States

Pleomax Posted at 9-7 05:57
Hi

Download the manual at this link.

Pleomax, Thanks for the reply.  I have read these pages.  I think the part of the issue that perhaps I wasn't too clear about was that I DO NOT have a mobile device to use for either of these two methods.  I want to be able to get my vids (low res) from the RC to my WINDOWS PC without having to remove the SD card from the RC each time.

Thanks.
2023-9-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Wolf188 Posted at 9-6 18:57
Dji Paladin, Thanks for the reply.

I don't have an android device. I have an iphone with very little memory.  I need to use a windows PC.

You are most welcome. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-9-8
Use props
FG1961
lvl.1

Germany

Hello,

i have my mini 3 pro one week.
I understood most of it.
I have two sd cards sandisk 256 GByte
Videos and photos are stored in sd card mini 3 pro
According to the instructions, subtitles and photos are to be saved in the remote control.
However, almost all directories are empty.
\Android\data\dji.go.v5\files\MediaCaches -> Some mp4 videos in bad quality
Hidden items are marked.
- No subtitles -> I have enable subtitles
- No hyperlapse photo cache -> I have enable: Cache when recording.
- No gps data
THX for your support
Best regards Frank, Germany

2023-9-16
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7275348 ft
United States

Wolf188 Posted at 9-7 08:42
Pleomax, Thanks for the reply.  I have read these pages.  I think the part of the issue that perhaps I wasn't too clear about was that I DO NOT have a mobile device to use for either of these two methods.  I want to be able to get my vids (low res) from the RC to my WINDOWS PC without having to remove the SD card from the RC each time.

Thanks.

turn on the Bluetooth on your PC. connect to the RC. look under Bluetooth for Send or receive files via Bluetooth. go to settings by swiping down twice and click the settings icon. go to internal storage and click
audio files. click the 0 byte thing and it will take you to files. find the video and then click share. you should see your PC name. click the name and it will send to your computer. YOU MUST HAVE YOUR COMPUTER WAITING TO RECEIVE THE FILE OR IT WILL NOT SEND!
2023-9-16
Use props
djiuser_CON3SgLAiQC0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24219 ft

Germany

The problem arises due to the .nomedia file which instructs android to hide any media files. Since android is serving windows, checking "show hidden files" in windows won't help. I deleted this zerobyte file and the cached videos showed up eventhough .nomedia was recreated. Perhaps its effect is limited to media files with more recent date. No idea at present but at least the cause is clear. My files are 864x480 by the way.
The path is
This PC\DJI RC\LUMIX\Android\data\dji.go.v5\files\MediaCaches

And more on .nomedia files on lifewire
https://www.lifewire.com/nomedia-file-4172882
2023-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules