Pre-record how to use it video
2538 17 2023-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI does not offer the challenging info its us users taht figure things out here is how to get to it

2023-9-7
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Turn on camera. go to video mode, on upper left click video icon,  Off, Pre-Rec, loop are there .
2023-9-7
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good info Fishy, thanks!!
2023-9-7
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

This is great and there are so many uses for it.
But how to turn it off, just let it count down or do like I did and shut off the camera?
2023-9-7
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

may be one time ,  and you must set back up what I knoticed when I stopped hte video
2023-9-7
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
China

johansenfoto Posted at 9-7 14:29
But how to turn it off, just let it count down or do like I did and shut off the camera?

There is a OFF button on screen when enable PreRecord.
2023-9-7
Use props
skysailor64
Second Officer
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 9-7 14:29

The "Pre-Record Stopped" that is displayed on the screen should read "Stop Pre-Record" as it is a touch button to stop the pre-record mode.
2023-9-8
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

correct the issue, next firmware
2023-9-8
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I noticed the wording too. I also noticed that this needs to be set back up every time the camera powered down, which maybe should be expected, I'm not sure. Has anyone tried to set this up as a QS and see if it stays configured that way?
2023-9-8
Use props
WiscoPaddler
lvl.4
United States

JodyB Posted at 9-8 06:41
I noticed the wording too. I also noticed that this needs to be set back up every time the camera powered down, which maybe should be expected, I'm not sure. Has anyone tried to set this up as a QS and see if it stays configured that way?

Don't think you can set it up as a QS option.  I tried to enable pre-recording and then go into the settings for adding it as a QS option.  When I swipe down from the top, it just brings up the timer for how long the screen stays awake before going to sleep while recording.

It's be nice to be able to set this up as a QS option though in the future.
2023-9-8
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

WiscoPaddler Posted at 9-8 06:52
Don't think you can set it up as a QS option.  I tried to enable pre-recording and then go into the settings for adding it as a QS option.  When I swipe down from the top, it just brings up the timer for how long the screen stays awake before going to sleep while recording.

It's be nice to be able to set this up as a QS option though in the future.

100% agree!! Would be nice to even have it set as a default if you wanted it.
2023-9-8
Use props
FwB
lvl.2
United States

Love this feature!  Sony had it on their old cinema cameras too.  Worked great when recording people like Bill Dance and Larry Dahlberg.  You never know when a fish will bite!
2023-9-8
Use props
WiscoPaddler
lvl.4
United States

JodyB Posted at 9-8 07:01
100% agree!! Would be nice to even have it set as a default if you wanted it.

The odd thing is, I turned it on after I had a preset on and sometimes it seemed to be on when I went back to the QS option that I changed it on.  Other times it didn't.  

Not sure if it's just a little quirky right now or what, but hopefully it's something they can allow for a QS option to set.
2023-9-9
Use props
flyfishingnoob
lvl.1
United States

WiscoPaddler Posted at 9-9 11:38
The odd thing is, I turned it on after I had a preset on and sometimes it seemed to be on when I went back to the QS option that I changed it on.  Other times it didn't.  

Not sure if it's just a little quirky right now or what, but hopefully it's something they can allow for a QS option to set.

Completely agree.

It really needs to treated like Loop which you can make part of a custom mode that is then activated through QS. If this isn't the case, I hope it gets addressed soon as it makes the feature far less valuable if you have to reconfigure every time you power on.
2023-9-12
Use props
djiuser_btchAFz718OQ
New
Flight distance : 14446 ft
Luxembourg

Hi y'all, just wondering, is this feature available on the Action 3 as well?
2023-11-26
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

djiuser_btchAFz718OQ Posted at 11-26 03:28
Hi y'all, just wondering, is this feature available on the Action 3 as well?

no they only do recent cameras with this firmware when was the last A3 firmware?
2023-11-26
Use props
djiuser_btchAFz718OQ
New
Flight distance : 14446 ft
Luxembourg

Fishycomics Posted at 11-26 03:40
no they only do recent cameras with this firmware when was the last A3 firmware?

If im not mistaken, latest update was:

Date: 2023.04.26
Firmware Version: v01.03.10.30.

Any indication whether the next firmware update will contain the pre-record option for the OA3?
2023-11-26
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

djiuser_btchAFz718OQ Posted at 11-26 09:16
If im not mistaken, latest update was:

Date: 2023.04.26

DJI will only say watch the official site, so keep asking , I say
2023-11-26
Use props
Advanced