543 22 2023-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Caelian
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1193520 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The screen record function on my RC2 is not working with the Air 3.

I have set it to record to the SD card under profile/settings/storage, but it will not record to the card. I have tried different cards but it still happens.

I can find the video in the internal storage after some searching but it is set to record to the card and there is nothing on it.

Can anyone help please as I'm going mad.

PS: I also have a Mini 3 Pro with the RC controller and it works fine on that.
2023-9-7
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've asked about that in another thread. According to DJI Paladin, it will record to internal storage regardless if you choose SD card for the storage. Which makes absolutley no sense. If that is the case, why even bother putting an SD card slot on the controller? I know the recordings can be transferred from the internal storage to the SD card, but I can just as easily and quickly connect a USB C cable from the controller to my laptop and get them that way.
2023-9-7
Use props
Caelian
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JodyB Posted at 9-7 09:53
I've asked about that in another thread. According to DJI Paladin, it will record to internal storage regardless if you choose SD card for the storage. Which makes absolutley no sense. If that is the case, why even bother putting an SD card slot on the controller? I know the recordings can be transferred from the internal storage to the SD card, but I can just as easily and quickly connect a USB C cable from the controller to my laptop and get them that way.

That's crazy! Thanks for that. I will get on to DJI tomorrow.
2023-9-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. It is normal that the screenshot and screen recording files are saved to the internal storage no matter whether there is an SD card or not the same with the DJI RC Pro. In addition, the screen recording path of the DJI RC 2 is DJI RC 2/Internal shared storage/Movies while the screenshots are located at DJI RC 2/Internal shared storage/Pictures. We will surely gather this feedback of yours and will forward it to our relevant team. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-9-7
Use props
Caelian
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-7 18:32
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. It is normal that the screenshot and screen recording files are saved to the internal storage no matter whether there is an SD card or not the same with the DJI RC Pro. In addition, the screen recording path of the DJI RC 2 is DJI RC 2/Internal shared storage/Movies while the screenshots are located at DJI RC 2/Internal shared storage/Pictures. We will surely gather this feedback of yours and will forward it to our relevant team. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thanks for the reply. On the first DJI RC you can record the screen straight to the SD card so I struggle to understand why this can't be done with the RC2. Hopefully this will be updated.
2023-9-7
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Caelian Posted at 9-7 22:45
Thanks for the reply. On the first DJI RC you can record the screen straight to the SD card so I struggle to understand why this can't be done with the RC2. Hopefully this will be updated.

I hope so too. The way it is, I don't even see the point in having an SD card in the controller. That was the whole point for me.

I've been complaining about this every chance I get and I would suggest everyone that finds this a nuisance to do so as well, in the right way of course. Hopefully if enough of us complain, they'll change it.
2023-9-8
Use props
Caelian
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JodyB Posted at 9-8 04:24
I hope so too. The way it is, I don't even see the point in having an SD card in the controller. That was the whole point for me.

I've been complaining about this every chance I get and I would suggest everyone that finds this a nuisance to do so as well, in the right way of course. Hopefully if enough of us complain, they'll change it.

I spoke to DJI for about half an hour this morning. Then I went and tested a mates controller which had the same problem. I then sent an error report to DJI. Can't do much more. See what happens.
2023-9-8
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Caelian Posted at 9-8 06:45
I spoke to DJI for about half an hour this morning. Then I went and tested a mates controller which had the same problem. I then sent an error report to DJI. Can't do much more. See what happens.

May I ask what their response was? Was it the same as DJI Paladin and thats how its intended? Sounds like it wasn't since they worked with you for that length of time.
2023-9-8
Use props
Caelian
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JodyB Posted at 9-8 06:49
May I ask what their response was? Was it the same as DJI Paladin and thats how its intended? Sounds like it wasn't since they worked with you for that length of time.

They had no idea really with the initial enquiry. I said it works fine on the RC so it should be the same with the RC2. We ended up going round in circles and they didn't know that it didn't work the same. I told them I would test my mates and if it was the same would file a report. Report filed, no response as yet.
2023-9-8
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Caelian Posted at 9-8 07:18
They had no idea really with the initial enquiry. I said it works fine on the RC so it should be the same with the RC2. We ended up going round in circles and they didn't know that it didn't work the same. I told them I would test my mates and if it was the same would file a report. Report filed, no response as yet.

Thats sad for the tech support side of things..... uugghh
2023-9-8
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

Caelian Posted at 9-8 07:18
They had no idea really with the initial enquiry. I said it works fine on the RC so it should be the same with the RC2. We ended up going round in circles and they didn't know that it didn't work the same. I told them I would test my mates and if it was the same would file a report. Report filed, no response as yet.

Dji paladan just said that is normal. Meaning that it is intended. Nothing wrong with your rc 2. So what error are you talking about? Just cause one dji remote does it doesnt mean all dji remote will do the same. Example dji rc pro can record in 1080p, the rc cant. The dji rc pro can download 3rd party apps, the rc can't. The dji rc pro is brighter, the rc isnt. So just cause the rc record on sd card doesnt mean the rc 2 will do the same. Dji staff just confirmed that is normal. If it was just your remote doing it than yes its a bug/error, but no cause all rc 2 records to internal.
2023-9-8
Use props
Caelian
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 9-8 07:32
Dji paladan just said that is normal. Meaning that it is intended. Nothing wrong with your rc 2. So what error are you talking about? Just cause one dji remote does it doesnt mean all dji remote will do the same. Example dji rc pro can record in 1080p, the rc cant. The dji rc pro can download 3rd party apps, the rc can't. The dji rc pro is brighter, the rc isnt. So just cause the rc record on sd card doesnt mean the rc 2 will do the same. Dji staff just confirmed that is normal. If it was just your remote doing it than yes its a bug/error, but no cause all rc 2 records to internal.
But they weren't aware of the difference plus the manual says you can use an SD card for storage. The remote will not let you transfer from internal storage to the card or use it independently thus rendering the SD card slot totally useless. So it is a software problem which is why I reported it. Plus it did work before the last upgrade.
2023-9-8
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

Caelian Posted at 9-8 07:44
But they weren't aware of the difference plus the manual says you can use an SD card for storage. The remote will not let you transfer from internal storage to the card or use it independently thus rendering the SD card slot totally useless. So it is a software problem which is why I reported it. Plus it did work before the last upgrade.

Did you not read dji paladan post above? He clearly said. The rc 2  will record onto internal even if there is a sd card inserted and that is normal. If that doesnt get into your thick head idk what will lol. Some people want something so badly that even statements from staff will go right through their ears. Lol. As for you saying you talk to other staff and they dont know. Not everyone in dji will know everything. I work in a business and we have customers asking me about a product i dont even know. I have to ask other coworker and then get back to the customer. I guess you never work in customer service.
2023-9-8
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 9-8 07:59
Did you not read dji paladan post above? He clearly said. The rc 2  will record onto internal even if there is a sd card inserted and that is normal. If that doesnt get into your thick head idk what will lol. Some people want something so badly that even statements from staff will go right through their ears. Lol. As for you saying you talk to other staff and they dont know. Not everyone in dji will know everything. I work in a business and we have customers asking me about a product i dont even know. I have to ask other coworker and then get back to the customer. I guess you never work in customer service.

How about getting this through your thick head. The RC doesn't work this way. Why would it be expected the RC2 to work in a different manner? Not only a different manner but in a manner that adds extra work to a process and basically render the SD card slot useless.

I do work in a customer concentric environment. I am expected to know my job and our services and products. If I don't I am expected to request training on said things so I can be professional and proficient at my job.

Also, none of this was directed at you so why be so defensive? We just want it to work the way it should.

2023-9-8
Use props
Caelian
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 9-8 07:59
So you work in customer service and yet you stoop to the low levels of calling people names because you haven't got the intelligence to conduct a sensible conversation! If a product works and then it doesn't after an upgrade there is clearly a fault with that upgrade. DJI are now aware of that and are looking into it.

This is the last reply I will give to you as you are clearly a nasty bit of work. You certainly wouldn't call me names to my face. Just another keyboard warrior!
2023-9-8
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

You CAN copy the internal files to the SD card.
2023-9-8
Use props
Caelian
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-8 08:54
You CAN copy the internal files to the SD card.

I know I should be able to but it doesn't work. Also got my mate to try his and that doesn't work either. Hence my problem. Really annoying.
2023-9-8
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

Pull down from the top. Settings/storage/internal storage. Find the folder and copy it to the card.
2023-9-8
Use props
Caelian
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-8 10:51
Pull down from the top. Settings/storage/internal storage. Find the folder and copy it to the card.

Ok. Thanks. I'll try that but still long winded. Worked fine when I first got it.
2023-9-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Caelian Posted at 9-7 22:45
Thanks for the reply. On the first DJI RC you can record the screen straight to the SD card so I struggle to understand why this can't be done with the RC2. Hopefully this will be updated.

Thank you for your response, Caelian. Rest assured that we will take note of this and coordinate this with our relevant team for attention. We always appreciate your valued support!
2023-9-9
Use props
Caelian
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-9 21:43
Thank you for your response, Caelian. Rest assured that we will take note of this and coordinate this with our relevant team for attention. We always appreciate your valued support!

Thank you.
2023-9-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

You are most welcome. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-9-10
Use props
GGodbone
lvl.1

United States

This method works. ViWizard Audio Capture is a versatile audio recorder that can record any sound on your PC losslessly, and can flexibly split, merge, and edit the recordings the way you like.
2023-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules