Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BramC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3025636 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Hi,

Is the only way to transfer ProRes images on the SSD from the drone via USB to the PC or is it possible to first transfer them to an SD card in the drone itself after recording?

Thx!

2023-9-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
United States

No ..it's not possible to transfer to an SD card.
You have to use the dedicated cable and have the drone powered up the whole time.
It's very clunky and inconvenient.

2023-9-8
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It could take HOURS to offload ProRes to an SD card. A total waste of time and unnecessary.

If the reason you're asking if SSD to SD is possible is due to slow speeds using a USB cable, then you are using the wrong cable to offload footage. A full 1TB offload can be achieved in 25 minutes using the correct USB cable and a device which is capable of writing at that speed.
2023-9-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, BramC. thank you for reaching out. As per confirming with our relevant team, it is possible to transfer the ProRes image from the SD Card of the aircraft. Hope this helps.  
2023-9-12
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just use the high speed cable if you are talking ProRes. @Labroides and @CloudVisual gave you the sane, practical and correct advice.
2023-9-12
Use props
BramC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3025636 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

CloudVisual Posted at 9-8 04:11
It could take HOURS to offload ProRes to an SD card. A total waste of time and unnecessary.

If the reason you're asking if SSD to SD is possible is due to slow speeds using a USB cable, then you are using the wrong cable to offload footage. A full 1TB offload can be achieved in 25 minutes using the correct USB cable and a device which is capable of writing at that speed.

I ask the question because I am looking for a way to get the images from the SSD without having to have a computer with me while working. Also looking for an easier way to deliver images to the customer.
2023-9-13
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BramC Posted at 9-13 01:14
I ask the question because I am looking for a way to get the images from the SSD without having to have a computer with me while working. Also looking for an easier way to deliver images to the customer.

Hi Bram. You could probably a mini computer with Windows or Mac OS or a laptop. If you want to go real mini, maybe using SteamDeck or Asus Rog Ally could work, but not sure if anyone ever tested this. SteamDeck and Asus Rog Ally are able to run Windows 11, these are small devices, slightly larger than a large cell phone, you might  be able to connect M3C to SteamDeck running Win11 via USB-C and transfer files directly on SD card inserted into the SteamDeck. It would probably be very very slow with ProRes files. Maybe a small laptop is a better option with USB 3 + support. You would still be bottle necked at transferring the files onto SD card, topping out at around 100 MB/s. Hope this helps.

Take care, Mike.
P.S. You could also maybe do quick transfer to your phone over wifi from the drone and attach a micro sd
card adapter directly to your phone (I believe they have those for Apple and Samsung and others) and copy those files onto sd card this way.
2023-9-13
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's madness to not have a laptop with you when working with cameras, I wouldn't recommend working this way unless you want to lose data.
If you really want to work that way, have a look at the DJI CoPilot Hard Drive, but it would take hours to back up a 1TB SSD
2023-9-13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do you really need to use the SSD?
If you want to get your image files off simply and quickly, forget the Prores and SSD and shoot without Prores and record that to a micro SD card which you can pop in the computer to get the image files, much faster and simpler than getting your work off the SSD..
2023-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules