No controller in Dji store
844 30 2023-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hexter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 86335 ft
United States

I wrote DJI that I struggle seeing the waypoint setup options on the RC2.  They replied that I could set up the missions with anRC-N2 controller using my iPad.
I'm looking into this but was unable to find ANY of these controllers at the DJI store, Adorama or Amazon.    The new RC2 is available but I'm looking for the new one without the screen;

Curious why Dji would suggest this as an option if the controller is not even available for sale?
2023-9-9
Use props
fansb2ca734e
lvl.3

United States

Hi Hexter. I asked about getting the RC-N2 controller off the store a few weeks ago also and they said they don't offer them and to watch the store :-(
The only way to get that controller is to purchase the entire drone system but that's not practical as I already bought the full combo with the RC2. I'm hoping they add the option to get the Rc-N2 controller as a standalone purchase so I can use it with my Tripltek tablet for more real-estate and for higher nit display.
2023-9-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there. We are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. We'll forward this to our relevant team regarding your query. Please keep an eye on your email for further updates. Thank you.
2023-9-9
Use props
Hexter
lvl.4
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 9-9 16:21
Hi there. We are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. We'll forward this to our relevant team regarding your query. Please keep an eye on your email for further updates. Thank you.

What does this mean.  I was told by a Dji employee that I could use a RC-N2 controller with the air 3 that I purchased with the RC2. I need an iPad to run Dji fly so I can plan waypoint flights.  The RC2 screen is too small.    So after you said I could use the no-screen RC-N2, it’s not available anywhere.  What’s up with that?
2023-9-9
Use props
Hexter
lvl.4
United States

fansb2ca734e Posted at 9-9 11:05
Hi Hexter. I asked about getting the RC-N2 controller off the store a few weeks ago also and they said they don't offer them and to watch the store :-(
The only way to get that controller is to purchase the entire drone system but that's not practical as I already bought the full combo with the RC2. I'm hoping they add the option to get the Rc-N2 controller as a standalone purchase so I can use it with my Tripltek tablet for more real-estate and for higher nit display.

Thx.  Yea, I agree.  It’s bull____ because the Dji reply below clearly is a programmed response with customer sensitivity built in.  That’s the pat response.  I can’t even find a used one.   Let’s see how this plays out.
2023-9-9
Use props
Tavus
lvl.2

Germany

have you an Tablet Holder for the RC-N2 or fits an RC-N1 Holder on the RC-N2 ?.
2023-9-10
Use props
fansb2ca734e
lvl.3

United States

Tavus Posted at 9-10 03:07
have you an Tablet Holder for the RC-N2 or fits an RC-N1 Holder on the RC-N2 ?.

Hi. I have a Tripltek 8 tablet and tablet holder from them as well. Here is a link to the holder and a backplate for the table that lets you mount the table to the holder:

https://www.tripltek.com/product-page/mountdjim3back-plate

https://www.tripltek.com/product ... pter-for-tripltek-8
2023-9-10
Use props
fansb2ca734e
lvl.3

United States

Hexter Posted at 9-9 16:44
Thx.  Yea, I agree.  It’s bull____ because the Dji reply below clearly is a programmed response with customer sensitivity built in.  That’s the pat response.  I can’t even find a used one.   Let’s see how this plays out.

I know what you mean. I'm frustrated you can't get that controller and wish I'd purchased that unit now and picked up the RC2 as an additional purchase so I'd have both controllers available. I'm also watching the refurbished products but I expect it will be a while before we see any there. Hopefully they'll just build a batch and offer them as an accessory. BTW you might find the iPad to be frustrating if you go to use it. I found my iPad mini and my iPhone would black out from overtemp when using with my Air 2. That's why I ended up going with the Tripltek 8 tablet. Unfortunately it's not cheap but it works great as a tablet for flying. Super bright and really big. Tripltek has a newer tablet now which is even more loaded with features. Best of luck on finding a controller. If I find a source I'll come back to this thread and put an update in.
2023-9-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hexter Posted at 9-9 16:42
What does this mean.  I was told by a Dji employee that I could use a RC-N2 controller with the air 3 that I purchased with the RC2. I need an iPad to run Dji fly so I can plan waypoint flights.  The RC2 screen is too small.    So after you said I could use the no-screen RC-N2, it’s not available anywhere.  What’s up with that?

Hello, Hexter. Thank you for your response. I apologize for the misunderstanding. I forwarded your inquiry to see if there is anything else we can do to help you acquire the DJI RC-N2 separately. Based on the email that was sent to you by our relevant team, I can confirm that we are unable to handle the purchase of the DJI RC-N2 separately for you. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-9-10
Use props
Hexter
lvl.4
United States

fansb2ca734e Posted at 9-10 10:09
I know what you mean. I'm frustrated you can't get that controller and wish I'd purchased that unit now and picked up the RC2 as an additional purchase so I'd have both controllers available. I'm also watching the refurbished products but I expect it will be a while before we see any there. Hopefully they'll just build a batch and offer them as an accessory. BTW you might find the iPad to be frustrating if you go to use it. I found my iPad mini and my iPhone would black out from overtemp when using with my Air 2. That's why I ended up going with the Tripltek 8 tablet. Unfortunately it's not cheap but it works great as a tablet for flying. Super bright and really big. Tripltek has a newer tablet now which is even more loaded with features. Best of luck on finding a controller. If I find a source I'll come back to this thread and put an update in.

Thx Fans….. I agree with the iOS devices overheating.  I’ll check into the tablet you mentioned.
Incidentally, a Facebook post on an air3 group page indicated a connection with the RC2 and a freeworld4k monitor.  
I can’t verify any of this however But will explore down the road.  Happy flying.
2023-9-10
Use props
fansb2ca734e
lvl.3

United States

Hexter Posted at 9-10 19:14
Thx Fans….. I agree with the iOS devices overheating.  I’ll check into the tablet you mentioned.
Incidentally, a Facebook post on an air3 group page indicated a connection with the RC2 and a freeworld4k monitor.  [view_image]
I can’t verify any of this however But will explore down the road.  Happy flying.

Hi Hexter. Thanks for the update. Oh that is interesting indeed :-) Maybe there is a way to get my Tripltek to connect and work for this too. I'll look for the page you mentioned but if you have a link available I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!
2023-9-11
Use props
fansb2ca734e
lvl.3

United States

fansb2ca734e Posted at 9-11 14:01
Hi Hexter. Thanks for the update. Oh that is interesting indeed :-) Maybe there is a way to get my Tripltek to connect and work for this too. I'll look for the page you mentioned but if you have a link available I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Hi again Hexter. I found this link which is similar to what you mentioned:

https://www.facebook.com/photo/? ... 4126572.-2207520000
It appears I'd need a new tablet that supports USB-C to HDMI though. The Tripltek 8 only supports USB-C input but the Tripltek 9 does support USB-C to HDMI. I like the look of the Freeworld monitors though as they're only monitors and not full feature tablets. Brings the cost way down which is a big plus.

I had another thought about this too. I have seen mention that the Mini 4 Pro might be released soon. While I wasn't planning on purchasing another drone it might be nice to have a high end mini. More than likely it would have an RC-N2 controller with OS4 which might make it compatible with the Air 3. It would probably be a pain to bind and unbind the controller all the time but it might be possible to use the RC 2 with the mini and the RC N2 with the Air 3.
2023-9-11
Use props
Hexter
lvl.4
United States

fansb2ca734e Posted at 9-11 14:56
Hi again Hexter. I found this link which is similar to what you mentioned:

https://www.facebook.com/photo/? ... 4126572.-2207520000

Hey Fans…. Thx for followup.   I sent an email to freeworld asking for help in the connection but they wrote back and preferred I call.  I’ll likely do that in the next few days after I get back.  I jut read an article about the mini 4's "imminent" release, along with a handful of upgrades from the mini3 (including 360 obstacle sensing and newest transmission feature like air 3)Your idea is appealing because I miss my old mini 2, and if we’re able to bind the two, as you suggested, it’d be a win-win.   Keep in touch.  

2023-9-11
Use props
fansb2ca734e
lvl.3

United States

Hexter Posted at 9-11 18:58
Hey Fans…. Thx for followup.   I sent an email to freeworld asking for help in the connection but they wrote back and preferred I call.  I’ll likely do that in the next few days after I get back.  I jut read an article about the mini 4's "imminent" release, along with a handful of upgrades from the mini3 (including 360 obstacle sensing and newest transmission feature like air 3)Your idea is appealing because I miss my old mini 2, and if we’re able to bind the two, as you suggested, it’d be a win-win.   Keep in touch.  

Hi Hexter. Great to hear and looking forward to what you find out from them. BTW I also posted a thread on MavicPilots forum and got a lot of decent info. Here is the link:

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... 40656/#post-1585680

You might want to see if the parts suggested by Tripltek would work for you too using the iPad as a monitor. If so it would be cheaper for you than getting a Freeworld monitor. Since they are from Amazon you could just return them if they don't work as expected. I saw someone ask in the thread about using this setup with an iPad but no one replied to their question yet.

Hopefully DJI is reading this and will see that there is a market for selling the RC-N2 as an option for the Air 3. I'm sure we're not the only ones who would like this.
2023-9-12
Use props
fansb2ca734e
lvl.3

United States

Hi again Hexter. I sent you a personal message on here. Send me an update here if you don't get it. Thanks!
2023-9-12
Use props
djiuser_9XPxXSMK9RLr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7230000 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was able to by an N2 from eBay for $210. There was another listed on there as well.
2023-9-12
Use props
fansb2ca734e
lvl.3

United States

Thanks for the update djiuser :-) I purchased one on eBay for $219. Due to be delivered in 2 to 3 weeks hopefully. The listing on eBay that I purchased from shows 1 still available but it seems there are some out there. I guess I now need to get familiar with the binding process :-)
2023-9-13
Use props
Hexter
lvl.4
United States

fansb2ca734e Posted at 9-13 07:04
Thanks for the update djiuser :-) I purchased one on eBay for $219. Due to be delivered in 2 to 3 weeks hopefully. The listing on eBay that I purchased from shows 1 still available but it seems there are some out there. I guess I now need to get familiar with the binding process :-)

That’s great.   Please let me know how you make out and any issues you encounter;  if I can be of any help, let me know (tho at 70 yrs old I doubt it’d be much help!)
2023-9-13
Use props
Hexter
lvl.4
United States

Hexter Posted at 9-13 07:07
That’s great.   Please let me know how you make out and any issues you encounter;  if I can be of any help, let me know (tho at 70 yrs old I doubt it’d be much help!)

I did receive word that DJI is aware of the interest by RC2,owners to supplement their control arsenal with the screenless RC-N2.  They expect to have it available for sale in about a month (early October?).
So keep you eyes on the store!   
2023-9-13
Use props
fansb2ca734e
lvl.3

United States

For those interested in using a Tripltek 8 or another device as a monitor with the RC 2 I posted a thread here on Mavicpilots that covers all the items you need to get it working:

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... iewing-area.140656/

It was great to have the bigger display mirroring the RC 2 but there were a few items to be desired. I think I'm going to prefer using the tablet at a monitor with the RC-N2 when I get it and bind it with the DJI R3 and at other times fly with the RC 2.

Thanks for your help on this Hexter :-)
2023-9-14
Use props
Hexter
lvl.4
United States

fansb2ca734e Posted at 9-14 14:52
For those interested in using a Tripltek 8 or another device as a monitor with the RC 2 I posted a thread here on Mavicpilots that covers all the items you need to get it working:

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/using-the-new-rc-2-controller-with-a-larger-tablet-for-additional-screen-viewing-area.140656/

My pleasure
2023-9-14
Use props
Hexter
lvl.4
United States

For those interested in using a Tripltek 8 or another device as a monitor with the RC 2 I posted a thread here on Mavicpilots that covers all the items you need to get it working:

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/using-the-new-rc-2-controller-with-a-larger-tablet-for-additional-screen-viewing-area.140656/

I replied to the wrong thread I believe.  I did visit the Mavic forum link you provided and then looked at the tripltek 8& 9 pricing.   If I was indeed looking at the correct monitors, they run around $850-$900?
If that’s the case it may be advantageous to wait for the RC-n2 and use my existing ipad 9th gen (same that I used with the air 2 and mini 2).  
   There were conflicting posts Re. the capabilities of the tripltek monitor; one person stated it’s a monitor only for the controller, and the RC2 is in control. Another stated it could be used to control the flight.  
I’m not sure of your circumstances, but I’m not in any dire rush to get this add-on and May wait to see what others do and make a decision based on more data.   Lemme know how you fare.
2023-9-14
Use props
Hexter
lvl.4
United States

One more link that mentions RC2 compatibility

https://www.thorsdroneworld.com/ ... 9-7-hdmi-monitor-4k
2023-9-14
Use props
fansb2ca734e
lvl.3

United States

Hexter Posted at 9-14 18:46
I replied to the wrong thread I believe.  I did visit the Mavic forum link you provided and then looked at the tripltek 8& 9 pricing.   If I was indeed looking at the correct monitors, they run around $850-$900?
If that’s the case it may be advantageous to wait for the RC-n2 and use my existing ipad 9th gen (same that I used with the air 2 and mini 2).  
   There were conflicting posts Re. the capabilities of the tripltek monitor; one person stated it’s a monitor only for the controller, and the RC2 is in control. Another stated it could be used to control the flight.  

Hi Hexter. Thanks for the friend offer :-) As for the Tripltek 9, yes you are correct and it's about $900. Definitely pricy for a tablet but it's a full feature tablet like the iPad but runs Android. It is also built like a tank and also has a super bright screen like the Tripltek 8 does (even slightly brighter). It will only work as a monitor if you pair it up with an RC 2 so full control would need to be done on the RC 2 and all it would offer you is a brighter display of what is on the RC 2. I don't think it's worth doing for that. I purchased the cables and other parts mentioned in that thread and hooked it up with my RC 2 and while it was nice to see it works I still would want to use it as a control monitor not just a bigger display. That is why I think these tablets are only really worth it if you have the RC N2 and use them as the control display just as you want to do with your iPad. I'd say it would be best to wait for DJI to release the RC N2 and then try it with your iPad. If you can operate it ok then you'll be good to go. I used to use my iPad Mini 4 instead of my iPhone but both became unusable for me as the updated DJI Fly. Eventually both my iPhone and iPad would go dark on me from thermal load and I actually could not see anything at all on the display. It was really awful and I was glad I could navigate the drone back home by line of sight. You may find it works ok with your iPad though so I'd give that a go first and see. If you're then in the market for a larger display you could then maybe look at the Tripltek or some other Samsung tablet maybe. I read that the thermal issue is just with Apple devices for some reason so maybe another brand would work ok. You'll just need something you can instal DJI Fly onto.
Looking forward to hearing what you do. My RC N2 from eBay has been shipped and I should have it in a few weeks and I can then let you know how it works out. :-)
2023-9-16
Use props
Hexter
lvl.4
United States

fansb2ca734e Posted at 9-16 04:41
Hi Hexter. Thanks for the friend offer :-) As for the Tripltek 9, yes you are correct and it's about $900. Definitely pricy for a tablet but it's a full feature tablet like the iPad but runs Android. It is also built like a tank and also has a super bright screen like the Tripltek 8 does (even slightly brighter). It will only work as a monitor if you pair it up with an RC 2 so full control would need to be done on the RC 2 and all it would offer you is a brighter display of what is on the RC 2. I don't think it's worth doing for that. I purchased the cables and other parts mentioned in that thread and hooked it up with my RC 2 and while it was nice to see it works I still would want to use it as a control monitor not just a bigger display. That is why I think these tablets are only really worth it if you have the RC N2 and use them as the control display just as you want to do with your iPad. I'd say it would be best to wait for DJI to release the RC N2 and then try it with your iPad. If you can operate it ok then you'll be good to go. I used to use my iPad Mini 4 instead of my iPhone but both became unusable for me as the updated DJI Fly. Eventually both my iPhone and iPad would go dark on me from thermal load and I actually could not see anything at all on the display. It was really awful and I was glad I could navigate the drone back home by line of sight. You may find it works ok with your iPad though so I'd give that a go first and see. If you're then in the market for a larger display you could then maybe look at the Tripltek or some other Samsung tablet maybe. I read that the thermal issue is just with Apple devices for some reason so maybe another brand would work ok. You'll just need something you can instal DJI Fly onto.
Looking forward to hearing what you do. My RC N2 from eBay has been shipped and I should have it in a few weeks and I can then let you know how it works out. :-)

I look forward to hearing how you make out once you get it.  The iPad that I used with the air 2s and mini 2 was a 9th gen.  I did have that give a red overheating warning when reading outside once.  Being in Louisiana it’s pretty damn hot most of the time anyways.  But when flying, I always stuck to shade outside, or in some cases just operating it inside my truck.  Looking forward to doing some tracking experiments.

Incidentally, may I ask which state/country you’re in?   I’m from CT originally, but my wife was a native of Louisiana and convinced me to move here 13 yrs ago.  
2023-9-16
Use props
GimiGlider
lvl.2
Flight distance : 634593 ft
Hong Kong

You still looking for an RC-N2? I might be letting go of one next week, and the online marketplace around here has quite a few examples, both used and new. I'm willing to help you try and buy one, though be aware I live quite a distance away from the US and it might take some time and cost a bit to get to where you are.
2023-9-16
Use props
Hexter
lvl.4
United States

GimiGlider Posted at 9-16 09:05
You still looking for an RC-N2? I might be letting go of one next week, and the online marketplace around here has quite a few examples, both used and new. I'm willing to help you try and buy one, though be aware I live quite a distance away from the US and it might take some time and cost a bit to get to where you are.

Thanks and I appreciate the offer to help.  DJI told me new RC-N2 controllers will be available in early October (mew).  I’ve no idea what they’ll sell for (tho I have an idea based on other models).

So I was going to wait and,see what new pricing is and then decide new or used.  I’m all for used if in good shape.  
2023-9-16
Use props
GimiGlider
lvl.2
Flight distance : 634593 ft
Hong Kong

Alright, PM me I guess?
2023-9-16
Use props
Hexter
lvl.4
United States

fansb2ca734e Posted at 9-9 11:05
The only way to get that controller is to purchase the entire drone system but that's not practical as I already bought the full combo with the RC2. I'm hoping they add the option to get the Rc-N2 controller as a standalone purchase so I can use it with my Tripltek tablet for more real-estate and for higher nit display.
Error
2023-9-16
Use props
H3llo
lvl.3
Netherlands

Lets hope soon they will sell
2023-9-16
Use props
Hexter
lvl.4
United States

TO DJIyou indicated the RC-N2 controllers would likely be for sale (individually) in October.  I’m just writing to see how that process is coming along and can we expect to see the RC-N2 controllers for sale soon?     Thank you
2023-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules