4834 68 2023-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DamnTastyMuffin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 128 ft

Falkland Islands

Hi,

I've just bought the new DJI Air 3, along with the RC2 in the fly more kit.
I charged once to get the remote up to 100%, did a firmware update successfully, and have been using the remote fine.

Now it's down to 20%, I went to recharge (for literally the second time since getting the drone) and nothing. I have used every different charger in my house, no lights show up to indicate charging.

Anyone have any suggestions? I've reset the RC which has not helped, I've tried connecting to my PC, which doesn't work.
Am i the only one with this issue?

Thanks,
2023-9-11
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

I believe You need 9V/3A power adapter (30W), otherwise You need to return or repair Your remote...
2023-9-11
Use props
DamnTastyMuffin
lvl.1

Falkland Islands

virtual Posted at 9-11 11:25
I believe You need 9V/3A power adapter (30W), otherwise You need to return or repair Your remote...

Does it need to be that specific v/a? I've got ones varying some more, some less, I have a 130w charger for my laptop, that charged the batteries really well for the drone, but the charging light on the end of the cable literally switches off when I plug it in to the RC2.
2023-9-12
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

If the high wattage charger won't charge it and kicks off the light, I'd say your best bet is to open a case with DJI. Sounds like something isn't right.
2023-9-12
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

It doesn't need to be that specific, it needs to be at least 30 Watt, more powerful charger should be OK as the DJI RC 2 should regulate the power and use only 30 Watts if connected to 130 Watt charger.
Unfortunately it sounds like faulty remote if charger that was working is not charging DJI RC 2 anymore. I hope that some DJI admin can help... maybe fw refresh through DJI assistant 2 for consumer drone? But I'm afraid it could be mechanical failure.
2023-9-12
Use props
DamnTastyMuffin
lvl.1

Falkland Islands

virtual Posted at 9-12 11:37
It doesn't need to be that specific, it needs to be at least 30 Watt, more powerful charger should be OK as the DJI RC 2 should regulate the power and use only 30 Watts if connected to 130 Watt charger.
Unfortunately it sounds like faulty remote if charger that was working is not charging DJI RC 2 anymore. I hope that some DJI admin can help... maybe fw refresh through DJI assistant 2 for consumer drone? But I'm afraid it could be mechanical failure.

Thanks guys, I tried DJI assistant 2 to refresh firmware, but I couldn't even get my laptop to acknowledge that I plugged the controller in sadly. Sadly it will take months for me to arrange a repair as I live in the Falkland Islands
2023-9-12
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Virtual is correct in that you should be able to use a higher wattage charger. The controller should only use as much as it needs for charging. And if you plug it into a computer and it doesn't recognize a connection, thats even more indication that something is wrong.
2023-9-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. Do the LED indicators light up when you try to charge it? Please keep us posted. Have a great day.
2023-9-12
Use props
djiuser_lRjBHDJFy74n
lvl.1
Flight distance : 328 ft

Netherlands

I have exactly the same issue. Received my air 3 fly more combo with rc2 today. Leds do not light up when connecting to the charger.
2023-9-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_lRjBHDJFy74n Posted at 9-17 12:37
I have exactly the same issue. Received my air 3 fly more combo with rc2 today. Leds do not light up when connecting to the charger.

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. The LED light for the RC 2 does not light up when fully charged. Just to confirm, are you able to power it on?
2023-9-17
Use props
Bokkie
lvl.1

Netherlands

DJI Tony Posted at 9-17 23:17
Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. The LED light for the RC 2 does not light up when fully charged. Just to confirm, are you able to power it on?

Hi, yes I'm able to power on. After power on, the first led lights up and the second one blinks.
2023-9-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Bokkie Posted at 9-18 03:56
Hi, yes I'm able to power on. After power on, the first led lights up and the second one blinks.

Hello, Bokkie. Can you please try the steps below:
1. Check whether the battery level has reached 100%
2. Check if the charged method is correct. Make sure the charging cable is plugged in tightly, and try plugging it in again
3. Check the LED on the remote controller and confirm if it is in the charging state. If yes, please try charging for 2 hours to see if the power increases. If it still cannot charge, it is recommended to replace the charger and charging cable;
4. Check if the controller has been activated. If not, please activate the unit first. Then check if it can be charged.
Some steps might have already been done but still added it just to make sure and for the others that will experience the same issue. Please keep me posted. Thank you for your patience
2023-9-18
Use props
Bokkie
lvl.1

Netherlands

DJI Tony Posted at 9-18 04:19
2. Check if the charged method is correct. Make sure the charging cable is plugged in tightly, and try plugging it in again

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. I will execute these steps. Can you please give me additional info on the following:

1. How can I check whether the battery level has reached 100%? I know about the LED's, but is there also an alternative way?
2. Is it ok to use the battery pack as a charger? The alternatives that I have available are: 1) 130W USB laptop charger and 2) 10W regular USB charger.
3. When does the LED on the controller indicate a charging state?
4. I've flown with the drone already. It has been activated.

Thanks in advance.
2023-9-18
Use props
avidesk
New

United States

I have the same problem. I just received the Air 3 Fly More Package on Friday. The controller charged up on Friday before my first flight, now it won't charge using any charger I have tried.
I have tried two different 130w laptop chargers, a 9v 2.5a phone charger, plugging into my laptop directly, and plugging into my laptop dock. Nothing is working.

If I power the controller on, it has one blinking LED and has started beeping as a low battery warning.
2023-9-18
Use props
DamnTastyMuffin
lvl.1

Falkland Islands

Can I ask - why does the device need to be activated for it to be charged? That seems like a super strange step. Also I wonder if all these devices not charging, could it be because we are all activating these devices from countries that are not on DJIs system? I for example activated from the Falkland Islands. Because we are such a small place I wonder if it has botched the activation and won't allow the charging of the device? Just a theory. If not activating hampers the charging, that could be what's happening to us?
2023-9-18
Use props
avidesk
New

United States

I contacted DJI Customer Service in an online chat and was instructed to send the RC2 unit in for inspection and repair. Very disappointing for something I've only owned for a couple days!
2023-9-18
Use props
Bokkie
lvl.1

Netherlands

Does anybody know if it is possible to do a factory reset on the controller? It seems like multiple people are experiencing this issue. I would like to know whether it is software or hardware related.
2023-9-18
Use props
Bokkie
lvl.1

Netherlands

Hi,

Checked it once more. After powering on of the remote only one led is blinking. Tried different chargers but all of them with negative result. The controller has been activated.
2023-9-18
Use props
fans17c4995b
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18832116 ft
  • >>>
United States

avidesk Posted at 9-18 07:11
I contacted DJI Customer Service in an online chat and was instructed to send the RC2 unit in for inspection and repair. Very disappointing for something I've only owned for a couple days!

Sucks bro..  What sucks is that it’s going to take a while for the whole process to finish, which means you won’t be able to use the air 3.
2023-9-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

DamnTastyMuffin Posted at 9-18 07:01
Can I ask - why does the device need to be activated for it to be charged? That seems like a super strange step. Also I wonder if all these devices not charging, could it be because we are all activating these devices from countries that are not on DJIs system? I for example activated from the Falkland Islands. Because we are such a small place I wonder if it has botched the activation and won't allow the charging of the device? Just a theory. If not activating hampers the charging, that could be what's happening to us?

Hello there. The country does not affect the activation. When not activated, the controller can only charge to 60% because the current firmware performs battery-level protection on the remote controller battery. When activated it it can be charged to 100%.
2023-9-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Bokkie Posted at 9-18 08:50
Hi,

Checked it once more. After powering on of the remote only one led is blinking. Tried different chargers but all of them with negative result. The controller has been activated.

Hello. Thank you for your efforts. Can you show us a video of the operation showing the charging issue? I appreciate your patience.
2023-9-18
Use props
Bokkie
lvl.1

Netherlands

DJI Tony Posted at 9-18 20:54
Hello. Thank you for your efforts. Can you show us a video of the operation showing the charging issue? I appreciate your patience.

I made the video, but I'm only allowed to upload photo files. Nothing happens on the transmitter though (really nothing). Not with power on and not with power off.
2023-9-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Bokkie Posted at 9-18 21:10
I made the video, but I'm only allowed to upload photo files. Nothing happens on the transmitter though (really nothing). Not with power on and not with power off.

Hi. You can upload it to your Google Drive or YouTube and then just paste the link here. Thank you.
2023-9-18
Use props
Bokkie
lvl.1

Netherlands

DJI Tony Posted at 9-18 21:18
Hi. You can upload it to your Google Drive or YouTube and then just paste the link here. Thank you.

Here's the link to google drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FgCB6yJTdE-sQlv_sNRwi2k_QvLknYIr/view?usp=drive_link
2023-9-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Bokkie Posted at 9-19 02:12
Here's the link to google drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FgCB6yJTdE-sQlv_sNRwi2k_QvLknYIr/view?usp=drive_link

Hi, Bokkie. Sorry, I can't access the video. Is it fine for you to set the "Who has access" to "Anyone with the link" on your Google Drive, please? Thank you.
2023-9-19
Use props
Bokkie
lvl.1

Netherlands

DJI Tony Posted at 9-19 02:36
Hi, Bokkie. Sorry, I can't access the video. Is it fine for you to set the "Who has access" to "Anyone with the link" on your Google Drive, please? Thank you.

Changed it. Here's an updated link. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FgCB6yJTdE-sQlv_sNRwi2k_QvLknYIr/view?usp=sharing
2023-9-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Bokkie Posted at 9-19 03:41
Changed it. Here's an updated link. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FgCB6yJTdE-sQlv_sNRwi2k_QvLknYIr/view?usp=sharing

Thank you very much for the video. If the drone cannot be detected by a computer or the charger you've used with the remote controller is working with the other devices, I'm afraid you need to send the remote controller for further diagnosis. You can submit a repair request or contact our DJI Support to assist you using the following link: https://www.dji.com/nl/support?site=brandsite&from=nav. I appreciate your patience and understanding.
2023-9-19
Use props
Bokkie
lvl.1

Netherlands

DJI Tony Posted at 9-19 03:58
Thank you very much for the video. If the drone cannot be detected by a computer or the charger you've used with the remote controller is working with the other devices, I'm afraid you need to send the remote controller for further diagnosis. You can submit a repair request or contact our DJI Support to assist you using the following link: https://www.dji.com/nl/support?site=brandsite&from=nav. I appreciate your patience and understanding.

I will. Thanks for your help.

Just for my understanding. So I don't need to get in touch with the local reseller to arrange warranty support?
2023-9-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Bokkie Posted at 9-20 02:28
I will. Thanks for your help.

Just for my understanding. So I don't need to get in touch with the local reseller to arrange warranty support?

If you would like to get your unit replaced or refunded you might need to contact the reseller to check or you can submit a repair request to us and we will get it fixed. The warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment. Please don't hesitate to contact us using the link provided above.
2023-9-20
Use props
Bokkie
lvl.1

Netherlands

DJI Tony Posted at 9-20 02:46
If you would like to get your unit replaced or refunded you might need to contact the reseller to check or you can submit a repair request to us and we will get it fixed. The warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment. Please don't hesitate to contact us using the link provided above.

I had it replaced by the reseller and bought a dji 30w usb c charger. Both the controller and the drone now are charging well. The battery pack with a 130w charger and the controller with the 30w charger.
2023-9-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Bokkie Posted at 9-24 04:49
I had it replaced by the reseller and bought a dji 30w usb c charger. Both the controller and the drone now are charging well. The battery pack with a 130w charger and the controller with the 30w charger.

I'm sorry you have to replace it. But I'm glad you finally got it replaced. Please reach back if you need further assistance. Have a great day ahead.
2023-9-25
Use props
Juan Carlos Revilla
New

Mexico

DJI Tony Posted at 9-25 00:43
I'm sorry you have to replace it. But I'm glad you finally got it replaced. Please reach back if you need further assistance. Have a great day ahead.

I have the same problem right now after updating to the latest firmware update that came out today...
2023-9-25
Use props
fansce7f3773
lvl.1
Flight distance : 357585 ft

Norway

Juan Carlos Revilla Posted at 9-25 09:26
I have the same problem right now after updating to the latest firmware update that came out today...

Same here. Tried every charger in the house, but no success. Might not be related to the firmware though..
2023-9-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Juan Carlos Revilla Posted at 9-25 09:26

Hello there. Sorry about the experience. Just to confirm, your remote controller is not lighting up when you try to charge it correct?
2023-9-26
Use props
manitou1983
New

Austria

DJI Tony Posted at 9-26 00:20
Hello there. Sorry about the experience. Just to confirm, your remote controller is not lighting up when you try to charge it correct?

Exact same problem. I got the drone 3 days ago, fully charged the RC2, used it 3 times, and now charging it does no longer work.
I've tried several chargers (up to 130W), and no charging LEDs go on. Also, I can no longer connect the unit to a computer. The device is at 8% remaining battery, and does not show any indication of charging.
2023-10-10
Use props
DroneUser18
New

United States

Exact same issue here too! I cannot charge the remote controller for the DJI Mavic Air 2. I've tried different chargers and different outlets but I think the issue is the remote.
2023-10-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

manitou1983 Posted at 10-10 10:38
Exact same problem. I got the drone 3 days ago, fully charged the RC2, used it 3 times, and now charging it does no longer work.
I've tried several chargers (up to 130W), and no charging LEDs go on. Also, I can no longer connect the unit to a computer. The device is at 8% remaining battery, and does not show any indication of charging.

Hi. manitou1983. Sorry about the inconvenience. If you have already tried using different chargers or charging cables, use different outlets, and make sure it's plug-in tightly, we recommend sending the remote to the repair facility. You can use the following link to submit a repair request or contact our DJI support for assistance: https://www.dji.com/global/support. Thank you.
2023-10-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

DroneUser18 Posted at 10-10 13:13
Exact same issue here too! I cannot charge the remote controller for the DJI Mavic Air 2. I've tried different chargers and different outlets but I think the issue is the remote.

Hello there. Apologies for the experience. If I may ask, does the LED light up when you try to charge your controller? Thank you.
2023-10-10
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

These folks that can't charge their controllers, if you connect the controller to a PC, does it recognize it? If so perhaps try to refresh the fw with DJI Assistant 2 in the case of an update gone awry?
2023-10-11
Use props
DroneUser18
New

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 10-10 21:14
Hello there. Apologies for the experience. If I may ask, does the LED light up when you try to charge your controller? Thank you.

No. Nothing happens when I try to charge it. I have tried multiple chargers, outlets, etc. I have also tried plugging directly into my computer. No luck with that either. (and yes, I have tried pushing the power button in the fast-slow pattern used to turn on the controller. Nothing.)
2023-10-11
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules