BUG REPORT: Timecode (TIme of Day) Wraps at Midnight
355 4 2023-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ronj
lvl.3
Flight distance : 208419 ft
United States

I've been testing timecode sync with my 3 OSMO Action 4 cameras and it seems that timecode wraps at midnight.  This means that if I jam sync an OSMO Action 4 with a timecode generator set to time of day, in this case the RODE Wireless PRO, at midnight the OSMO Action 4 files that are created after that point have a timecode of 00:00:00:00 and beyond.  Whereas the RODE Wireless PRO 32 bit audio files and timecode generator have timecodes of 24:00:00:00 and beyond.  This is a unnecessary hassle to correct in post as the footage recorded on the OSMO Action 4 last (e.g. the footage after midnight) appears at the beginning of the timeline (00:00:00:00) instead of tacked onto the end where it belongs.

I'm not sure which way is technically correct according to the standard, but it seems from my reading that it should continuously run past midnight (like the RODE Wireless PRO does) such that on the timeline the footage recorded last appears last.
2023-9-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Thank you for your feedback. This, along with your other post will be referred to our relevant team to optimize and improve the functions of our product. Thank you for your support and understanding.
2023-9-13
Use props
ronj
lvl.3
Flight distance : 208419 ft
United States

RODE just replied that the Wireless PRO should wrap at midnight. So it seems like the OSMO Action 4 works correctly in this instance and the bug is in the RODE Witeless PRO!

So there’s no need for DJI to fix anything.
2023-9-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

ronj Posted at 9-13 23:42
RODE just replied that the Wireless PRO should wrap at midnight. So it seems like the OSMO Action 4 works correctly in this instance and the bug is in the RODE Witeless PRO!

So there’s no need for DJI to fix anything.

Thank you for keeping us posted. We're glad that you managed to isolate the issue that you experienced. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Take care always.
2023-9-24
Use props
CGCam
New

Canada

I've been trying to sync some Action 4 cameras with a tentacle sync e mark II, I'm using a 3.5mm trs male to usb-c cable. Not working, the other issue I have is in the timecode window the timecode that's showing  says 29.97fps , meanwhile there is no such choice in the menu. We're shooting in 1080P  at 30fps and when I plug in the cable, I get the red check and saying the fps doesn't match, what am I doing wrong ? And now I'm hearing that the sync drifts by up to 5/6 frames every 30 minutes, pretty hard to sync to the other cameras on the production. ( car racing where 5/6 seconds every 1/2 hour translate to a pretty big gap when they do a lap in 15 seconds or less in some cases.  Any suggestions ?
2023-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules