Mini 3 Pro RC Touch not responding
1071 5 2023-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
phivestardave
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14281 ft
United States

Hello everyone. I powered on my Mini 3 Pro for the first time in a few months. The RC was working fine for about 10 minutes, but then the screen became unresponsive to touch. I downloaded Assistant for PC and was able to upgrade the firmware. Once it was finished upgrading, it allowed me to click through a few menus, but when it got to the main screen... unresponsive to touch again. I've upgraded and downgraded the software a few times and it still won't work. Any suggestions?
2023-9-11
Use props
phivestardave
lvl.1
United States

UPDATE: I somehow managed to open the menu by clicking the "profile" button. I tapped it like 40 times and it randomly registered. Touch is perfectly responsive in the menu. I can swipe and tap to my hearts delight and it works perfectly fine. As soon as I exit to the main screen, no more response to touch.
2023-9-11
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7275348 ft
United States

phivestardave Posted at 9-11 15:07
UPDATE: I somehow managed to open the menu by clicking the "profile" button. I tapped it like 40 times and it randomly registered. Touch is perfectly responsive in the menu. I can swipe and tap to my hearts delight and it works perfectly fine. As soon as I exit to the main screen, no more response to touch.

Have you talked to support? you might get a better response from the forum if you posted this thread or a similar  one in the RC section in the mavic section in products
2023-9-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, phivestardave. Thank you for reaching out. Please try to clean the screen with a clean dry glass towel and perform a factory reset (Enter Settings > System > Reset options > Erase all data(factory reset)). If the issue persists after that, please send the DJI RC back for further diagnostics.  You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at (https://www.dji.com/support). We understand that this is not the answer that you look forward to, but this would be the best thing to do in this situation. In addition, warranty service can be claimed depending on the result of the Damage Assessment. Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.
2023-9-11
Use props
phivestardave
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-11 19:49
Hi, phivestardave. Thank you for reaching out. Please try to clean the screen with a clean dry glass towel and perform a factory reset (Enter Settings > System > Reset options > Erase all data(factory reset)). If the issue persists after that, please send the DJI RC back for further diagnostics.  You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at (https://www.dji.com/support). We understand that this is not the answer that you look forward to, but this would be the best thing to do in this situation. In addition, warranty service can be claimed depending on the result of the Damage Assessment. Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.

Thank you! I was able to do the factory reset and it removed the problem.

Just in case anyone else has this problem:

I noticed that if I pressed the power button quickly (to put the screen to sleep) and then opened the screen back up - there was a split second that the screen would respond to touch. I was able to swipe down from the top of the screen (very, very quickly) and then hit the settings icon. It took me a few times, but I eventually nailed it. Once in the settings, the touchscreen worked perfectly. Bizarre. I system reset that bad boy and it fixed it. Thanks for the help!
2023-9-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

phivestardave Posted at 9-12 08:32
Thank you! I was able to do the factory reset and it removed the problem.

Just in case anyone else has this problem:

You are most welcome, phivestardave. We're glad that you managed to fix the problem. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.
2023-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules