Air 3 3-D photogrammetry questions
2754 12 2023-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
grubbsbe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11181 ft
United States

Has anyone been able to plan missions for 3d photogrammetry with this drone? I am comparing mini 3 pro and the Air 3. I am leaning toward the air 3 but I want to be able to plan automate flights, which I know you can do with the mini 3 pro. The Air 3 supports waypoint missions, which I’ve figured out a way of adding a custom kmz file to (which can achieve an automated flight pattern I made from a pc), but is doing 3d modeling this way possible? Part of me wants to get the mini 3 pro so I know I can do autonomous flights like this, but the other part of me wants the better features of the air 3.
2023-9-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, grubbsbe. Thank you for reaching out. Both drones you have mentioned cannot support such professional functions. If you need professional mapping/3D photogrammetry requirements, we recommend purchasing a DJI Enterprise product (such as Matrice 300 RTK/Phantom 4 RTK). Hopefully, other users can provide you with their suggestions as well. Have a safe flight always!
2023-9-13
Use props
Pietro Rizzetto
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-13 06:15
Hi, grubbsbe. Thank you for reaching out. Both drones you have mentioned cannot support such professional functions. If you need professional mapping/3D photogrammetry requirements, we recommend purchasing a DJI Enterprise product (such as Matrice 300 RTK/Phantom 4 RTK). Hopefully, other users can provide you with their suggestions as well. Have a safe flight always!

I'm sad to inform you that if you will not provide sdk for air 3 because you want people to buy your 5.000$ "enterprise" drone there is a high probability that dji will be soon replaced by other drone productor that instead do it (i like dji product but you can not do the "hitler" part only because you want people to spend more money for nothing).So if you want to keep the positione that dji reached in the last years i suggest you to stop doing this type of marketing, it will surely make you loose a lot of customers worldwide and it will create space to other companies to take away a lot of market from you only adding a simple grid flight plan on the controller and if you take a look on the forum you can notice it by yourself.
thanks for hearing me and i hope dji will not fall in to this because i like your product.
2023-11-6
Use props
Pietro Rizzetto
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-13 06:15
2023-11-10
Use props
djiuser_M0CWOe0bOXm2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36860 ft

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2023-9-13 06:15

The Mini 3 can, in fact, do photogrammetry missions. It can connect to Dronelink or Map Pilot Pro via SDK support. The Air 3 as of Jan 2024 cannot.
1-10 20:06
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_M0CWOe0bOXm2 Posted at 1-10 20:06
The Mini 3 can, in fact, do photogrammetry missions. It can connect to Dronelink or Map Pilot Pro via SDK support. The Air 3 as of Jan 2024 cannot.

Thank you for sharing your advice regarding this scenario. Yes, the DJ Air 3 doesn't support SDK at the moment. We thank you for your additional input.
1-12 04:05
Use props
Justin Belanger
New

Canada

You guys are trash. You already own almost the entire market, and are clearly profiting from every war that's currently happening and that will happen in the future even tho you claim to not be okay with that. The least you think you guys could do was not try to con the public into purchasing an even more expensive setup. Its okay tho. This type of thing will backfire guaranteed and push the majority of people away. We appreciate your commitment to your consumers over the obscene amount of distasteful greed.

I hope one day a company comes along who will just be decent
2-20 19:19
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Flight distance : 818248 ft
  • >>>
United States

The problem with the Air3 is that DJI hasn't realeased its Software Development Kit (SDK) which allows third companies to develop their apps to plan missions (and DJI isn't going to release it in the future, it's sadly confirmed).
With the DJI Mini 3/Mini 3 Pro you have already the SDK published so you can use apps like Litchi, Dronelink or DroneDeploy that are much better to plan missions than the DJI Fly.
2-20 22:41
Use props
Brian360
lvl.1
Flight distance : 180643 ft

United States

So...DJI is working on a SDK right?  Or do I have to get my money back on the A3 I just purchased.
3-1 12:01
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Brian360 Posted at 3-1 12:01
So...DJI is working on a SDK right?  Or do I have to get my money back on the A3 I just purchased.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Currently, the DJI Air 3 does not support SDK. Rest assured that this request was already been forwarded to our relevant team and they are now looking into it. Please pay attention to our official website for the latest news and updates. We appreciate your understanding.
3-1 19:28
Use props
henryhernandez
lvl.1

United States

I feel completely ripped off by DJI.  As a loyal customer this is unacceptable. The air 3 sdk should be released.  
5-5 16:24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

henryhernandez@mac.com Posted at 5-5 16:24
I feel completely ripped off by DJI.  As a loyal customer this is unacceptable. The air 3 sdk should be released.

Hi there. While we strive to accommodate all requests, some may take time to process. Our team carefully evaluates each one to ensure the best possible outcome. Additionally, we consider the hardware capabilities. This ensures that any changes or features we implement align with the device's capabilities. Rest assured, we're committed to providing the best experience for our users. Thank you for understanding.
5-6 01:08
Use props
015lvp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17867 ft
Singapore

I recently just bought an air 3 for the same purpose. Hope this drone is good for 3d modeling
5-6 01:38
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules