1356 13 2023-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StubbornSwiss
Second Officer
Flight distance : 480771 ft
United States

Greetings!
I just received and tested the Freewell Circular Polarizer filter for my Air 3.
Unfortunately the drone recognizes this filter as a Wide Angle Lens, and disables some shooting functionality.
I understand from Freewell (as well as online posts) that there was a similar problem with the Mavic 3, which was resolved with a firmware update.
I would like to bring this to your attention, and hope there will be a resolution soon.
Many thanks.
2023-9-13
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think it’s probably a weight issue , so the drone thinks its a wide angle instead of a normal filter.
2023-9-13
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

My thinking is like Hallmark's, its more than likely a weight issue. with the CPL making the air 3 think its a widw angle lens.
2023-9-13
Use props
StubbornSwiss
Second Officer
United States

As stated by Freewell, this seems to be fixable with a firmware update.

See also the linked thread:

Error with FREEWELL filters

2nd to last post says it was resolved with an update.
Hopefully someone from DJI will be able to respond to this.

2023-9-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We will coordinate this to our relevant team for attention. We will keep you posted. Thank you.
2023-9-13
Use props
StubbornSwiss
Second Officer
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-13 21:57
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We will coordinate this to our relevant team for attention. We will keep you posted. Thank you.

Thank you.
2023-9-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Thank you for patiently waiting. If you experience a prompt stating "Wide-angle lens attached" after you attached a polarized filter on your DJI Air 3, It is recommended that you need to first land the aircraft, and remove the propellers to check whether the gimbal is scratched, and whether the gimbal enters the normal stabilization state. If no error is identified after checking, it is recommended that you place the aircraft on a flat and clean ground and rotate the propellers again to check whether the issue occurs again. Thank you.
2023-9-16
Use props
StubbornSwiss
Second Officer
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-16 00:31
Thank you for patiently waiting. If you experience a prompt stating "Wide-angle lens attached" after you attached a polarized filter on your DJI Air 3, It is recommended that you need to first land the aircraft, and remove the propellers to check whether the gimbal is scratched, and whether the gimbal enters the normal stabilization state. If no error is identified after checking, it is recommended that you place the aircraft on a flat and clean ground and rotate the propellers again to check whether the issue occurs again. Thank you.

Thank you for your response.

I can confirm that gimbal is not scratched, and it enters full stabilization state on start up with CPL filter attached. However, the error continues.

Without the filter, everything is fine, no error.
2023-9-16
Use props
StubbornSwiss
Second Officer
United States

Just did a flight with the CPL filter on, and everything seemed to work fine. No warnings, no errors....... I was able to select pano mode.

Will keep monitoring.
2023-9-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

StubbornSwiss Posted at 9-16 05:12
Thank you for your response.

I can confirm that gimbal is not scratched, and it enters full stabilization state on start up with CPL filter attached. However, the error continues.

Thank you for the information provided. We will also coordinate this with our relevant team for attention. We appreciate your understanding and support.
2023-9-17
Use props
franceslup
lvl.2
Flight distance : 307602 ft
Italy

I received today the polar pro ND/PL filters and no problem at all.
2023-9-18
Use props
djiuser_EXP5WpCzetnL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1198757 ft
Australia

I'm seeing the same error with my Air 3, tried the fix but to no avail. This is happening with Freewell filters and Newer filters too.
1-26 23:10
Use props
Airpilot2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1198757 ft
Australia

Another update and still no fix for this!
2-9 20:40
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

Try putting on the filter with the drone turned off and on.
2-10 00:35
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules