Registration to Fly a Drone in Thailand
2716 7 2023-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FreshFlyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hello,
I have read and seen numerous YouTube videos on registation of ones drone to fly in Thailand. Many are misleading and give timeframworks to get the licenses often beyond the duration of ones holiday. This has put people off taking their drones. Here is the fastest way to register and be flying in less than one day after arrival.

1. Make an account and fill in the  CAAT registration form online while you are at home. CAAT will require photographic evidence of 5 items only and the form. They a signed copy of the declaration form found on the site, pictures of the drone, proof of address, a copy of your passport page, and more importantly evidence of insurance of 1 million Baht or more. This can be a British insurance with worldwide cover. The application form covers type and model of the drone, serial number, frequency it transmits, weight and how many propellars. Also, who will fly it and insurace details. The website currently only can upload one file before it automatically submits so I recommend you put all 5 proof pictures in Word or Powerpoint and make one pdf. If you upload 1 of the required it will submit and you will be rejected.

You will get a reply to your account in CAAT website very quckly. The permission is in Thai. Print it and carry it with you. You can translate it if you wish using Google Translate but be warned Google does not translate Thai date formats the CAAT use correctly.

2. Make an account with NBTC of Thailand. Note the requirement so you have them available digitally when you are in Thailand. Note: They will require photographs of both your drone and RC with the serial numbers. After arrival go to the nearest NBTC office and complete the process there, pay 200 Baht and get the license. This is far quicker than doing it online as one needs to await 2-3 days for them to review your application and a further few days while they process your 200 Baht over the internet.

One can therefore have all licenses in your hand the day you arrive if you are not suffering from jet lag.

Hope this helps
2023-9-13
Use props
Pierre maxi2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 177874 ft
France

you have a link to register for the NBTC, I have already applied for the CAAT. I don't speak English very well, I'm French
2023-12-1
Use props
FreshFlyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Pierre maxi2 Posted at 12-1 09:09
you have a link to register for the NBTC, I have already applied for the CAAT. I don't speak English very well, I'm French

When you arrive in Thailand fill the NBTC online registration form including your entry stamp in your passport. They will review and approve your registration. Then they will send you a request for 210 Baht which you can send off online or go to the nearest NBTC office. Going to the office alows a certificate to be issued immediately. If you pay online it maybe 2-5 days to get the certificate. You need both CAAT and NBTC registration to fly the drone. Need to carry the CAAT letter and the NBTC certificate.

Try Google translate to help you translate the guidance to French.

Hope this helps
2023-12-4
Use props
Pierre maxi2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 177874 ft
France

FreshFlyer Posted at 2023-12-4 01:42
When you arrive in Thailand fill the NBTC online registration form including your entry stamp in your passport. They will review and approve your registration. Then they will send you a request for 210 Baht which you can send off online or go to the nearest NBTC office. Going to the office alows a certificate to be issued immediately. If you pay online it maybe 2-5 days to get the certificate. You need both CAAT and NBTC registration to fly the drone. Need to carry the CAAT letter and the NBTC certificate.

Try Google translate to help you translate the guidance to French.

thank you for your help, I stopped at the caat.
The place I was in wasn't very tidy.
1-4 06:51
Use props
FreshFlyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Did you mean the NBTC? Yes it’s best to go there with the drone approved online and just pay. I was there 2 minutes. If you pay online it can take up to 5 days to get the certificate
1-4 14:48
Use props
idragon
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Thank you, FreshFlyer, for the detailed steps on registering a drone in Thailand. Your insights about the CAAT and NBTC process are invaluable, especially the tip about combining documents. has anyone encountered any specific challenges or nuances with the insurance requirements?
2-4 07:37
Use props
FreshFlyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thank you. I had no issues using the Drone Club insurance in the UK. Drone Club issued a letter for me which I scanned and uploaded. There are several Thai based insurance sites also on the CAAT and NBTC websites.
2-4 08:33
Use props
fans8b5d75c5
lvl.1

United States

Hi im doing the registration on the NBTC but i keep getting this error when I put the serial number in -Warning! The serial number was not found in the NBTC's database system. Please contact the supplier. any ideas? Im pulling it straight from the rc - thanks
3-21 21:20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules