Remote I.D.
995 5 2023-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Churubusco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36 ft

United States

Has anyone installed remote I.D. on their Phantom 3 std? If so what did you use?
2023-9-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. According to the FAR Part 89 Remote ID regulations, the RID compliance for American users starts on September 16, 2023. Before that, the FAA RID regulation does not affect the user’s flight activity. After September 16, 2023, please purchase a third-party RID module that complies with RID MOC and add it to the aircraft. For FAA-approved Remote ID modules or brands, you may check the FAA website at https://uasdoc.faa.gov/listDocs. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-9-13
Use props
pcbbeachbum
New

United States

I'm new to the forum but it seems the question was "what remote id modules have people been installing on their Phantom 3s?".... not the FAA run around that was given.
2023-9-14
Use props
Churubusco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36 ft

United States

DJI is washing their hands of the original customers who's purchases made the company what it is today. They are not pursuing a software upgrade for older models and no longer want to deal with us. When I inquired about an upgrade they told me to pursue 3rd party hardware. They refuse to even sell hardware to upgrade. It's like purchase new equipment or screw you! Good riddance DJI!!!!!!!!
2023-9-14
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

https://forum.dji.com/thread-270360-1-1.html
2023-9-14
Use props
pcbbeachbum
New

United States

Well, I spent an hour this morning and found nothing that specifically said this module fits internally/externally to a Phantom 3 standard. I also have a mini 2 which will not need it since it is only 249g. BTW, I fly recreational and will not need the full licensing.
2023-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules