Inspire 3 Flyaway already / drop crash while connected to RTK2
896 2 2023-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
denveraerial
lvl.2
United States

So I've been happy upgrading to the Inspire 3 sometime around August and completed several successful jobs utilizing it.  I only had one weird instance while on a shoot a couple weeks ago, where I set the drone to hold above our picture set over an open field and after about 30 seconds of hold, the aircraft quickly bolted backwards quickly for about 15 to 20 ft,  I had "caught it" with the sticks to reverse direction and got it to stop.  Thought it was weird so I landed, restarted, and continued the flight after a reset.  It was a bluebird day with virtually no wind or windshear that anybody on the team could figure and I had the controller on me but did not touch the sticks until I heard the prop roar indicating that it was taking off in backwards direction.   Fast forward to earlier today I went out do a test flight with a brand new RTK2 module which was from another photographer friend, everything set up fine and the controller showed great connection.  I was trying to test and see the accuracy of the Inspire when equipped with the RTK, which I am mildly dissappointed upon looking at the footage. I understand there are many factors with accuracy but none of the images really line up.  Did a bunch of tests with the new module connected using Waypoints and the 3d dolly feature.  Everything seemed fine and acting accordingly but I completed about two set of batteries and upon sending the Inspire for one more take and as I sent it back to the first waypoint, It paused over that first waypoint and just violent dropped down and crashed right beneath it.  I was watching it completely and did not expect this drop as everything I had done to that point as it seemed to work well.  Broke a lens and the gimbal as well as scratched the aircraft by the battery bay.
I am sending it in hopefully asap so I can have an answer but it seems like I've had more problems with this than my Inspire 2s that I have been using for the past 5 years, and I know that has its quirks as well. Sorry if this comes off more of a rant than a questionaire but I just hate spending this much money on something that seems to act unpredicatable at times.

My question to the owners of Inspire 3, have you had any erratic behavoir or quirks so far with this drone? Do you think it had to do with the RTK Module?  Also have you benefited from using the RTK2 module? Is it worth it? (maybe I did not set it up right to be the most accurate)?

2023-9-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi denveraerial, sorry for the issues you encountered with Inspire 3, noticed that you have started a case, please rest assured, the local service department will check it out when they receive the drone and analyze the issue further. I will also keep an eye on the process. Please ship the unit when you are at your convenience. Thank you very much.
2023-9-16
Use props
philipreichwein
lvl.2
Flight distance : 511660 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hey @denveraerial, greetings from Germany. had the same situation. flying with less then 6m/s completely straight. After 3 seconds drone stopped for less then a second then she flew to the right and crashed into a staircase. inside the logs everyone could see that i released the joysticks before she flew to the right.. but DJI said it was my fault and i had to pay 600 €... And after that a few weeks later while flying the gimbal stopped working while i was on another client job. and the reason was, the gimbal wasn´t tested after they repaired the first service case.. the only "positive" thing was, that i got a new gimbal via express...(Thanks to the good German customer advisor Mr. D)
2023-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules