stripped screws on air3
958 11 2023-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
itsalbertZ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 988310 ft
United States

OK, so I have my drone for a month now, and as I was checking the photo taken on the date I unboxed it, I noticed that there's a stripped screw located at the bottom.

Does it mean that the drone has been taken apart before being delivered to me? It was the only stripped screw, others are all fine. It's located on the top right corner.

I'm looking at the same spot right now and there seems to be some sort of gel covering it up.

2023-9-17
Use props
itsalbertZ
lvl.3
United States

I didn't do anything to the drone and I have no idea how it just appear out of no where lol, or maybe its been there the entire time when I took it out of the box? But what does it tho
2023-9-17
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

These types of screws aren't hand-torqued during assembly and typically use powered screwdrivers that are either programmed for a specific torque setting or a given number of revolutions.

If the screw head is damaged, the person assembling the drone may have cross-threaded the screw before activating the screwdriver, and that could then have stripped the head.

It's unfortunate but unless you plan on taking the drone apart, I wouldn't worry about it.
2023-9-17
Use props
itsalbertZ
lvl.3
United States

MisterFrag Posted at 9-17 12:37
These types of screws aren't hand-torqued during assembly and typically use powered screwdrivers that are either programmed for a specific torque setting or a given number of revolutions.

If the screw head is damaged, the person assembling the drone may have cross-threaded the screw before activating the screwdriver, and that could then have stripped the head.

I see. After taking a closer look, it seems like the gel was already in there before I unboxed it.

But yeah I probably wont pay attention to it, since it does not affect the drone in any way.
2023-9-17
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It is almost certainly correct an anti tamper gel plug. Oops I see Dirty Bird has already posted that.
2023-9-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, itsalbertZ. Thank you for reaching out. We'll forward your concern to our relevant team for confirmation. We'll let you know once we receive an update.
2023-9-19
Use props
itsalbertZ
lvl.3
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 9-17 17:23
My hunch is the gel may possibly be there as a rudimentary tamper indicator.

I see. Yeah that gel might've been there the entire time but I was not paying attention when unboxing it lol
2023-9-19
Use props
Andreja
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1085302 ft
Germany

I also got a drone with a gel blob on one of the screws, but in my case, the screw under the blob doesn't look like it's been stripped.
2023-9-21
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Touch that screw head and you might well void your warranty. These screws have been part of dji drones since original mavic.
2023-9-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, itsalbertZ. Thank you for patiently waiting. We have confirmed that what you have is normal. They are the anti-dismantle glue on the drone and they are applied at a random position on the screw holes of the drone. Hope this helps.
2023-9-23
Use props
itsalbertZ
lvl.3
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-23 07:43
Hi, itsalbertZ. Thank you for patiently waiting. We have confirmed that what you have is normal. They are the anti-dismantle glue on the drone and they are applied at a random position on the screw holes of the drone. Hope this helps.

Got it! Thanks for the clarification!
2023-9-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

itsalbertZ Posted at 9-23 09:30
Got it! Thanks for the clarification!

You're most welcome, itsalbertZ. Should you need further assistance, please let us know.
2023-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules