Action 4 Recommends 50 fps, Switch between NTSC and PAL?
2803 25 2023-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Giroro
lvl.1

United States

When I try setting my Osmo Action 4 to 60 fps, it reccommends that I switch to 50 fps - implying that this camera is set to a PAL region, but it is a locally purchased US camera.
Is there a way to switch the camera to NTSC mode, so it stops reccommending the incorrect frame rate for my region? I can't find any way to switch this mode.

2023-9-18
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
China

YES, the difference of NTSC and PAL is frame rates.

25,50, 100 fps for PAL
30 60,120 fps NTSC.
2023-9-18
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

What do you mean by “…it recommends”? When you select 60fps the camera shows you a warning that says “ahem… excuse me, but you should switch to 50fps”?
2023-9-19
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

osmonauta Posted at 9-19 00:54
What do you mean by “…it recommends”? When you select 60fps the camera shows you a warning that says “ahem… excuse me, but you should switch to 50fps”?

Looks like this (I'm in the US) -

2023-9-19
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Don't listen to the camera, you know better at this point
2023-9-19
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 9-19 02:25
Don't listen to the camera, you know better at this point

Quite true in this case.
2023-9-19
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI  autamated the NTSC/Pal, as well the Flicker  50/60hz. its no more  IMO  if you get a prompt, do post hte photo down  the A3 has the option to change flicker but has the same option to change FPS
2023-9-19
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Well, this might be a K. Razy idea, but there was a post by someone a while ago who was complaining about the timezone setting being wrong. Of course there is no time zone setting in the camera (at least not on the OA3) and one of the support person recommended to connect the camera to the Mimo app to sync the time. Maybe there’s an internal clock of some sort that keeps track of the time zone and it detects you are in an EU zone or Japan or something. So what if you connect with Mimo and see if that’s the culprit? Otherwise I’m surprised nobody reported this oddity from the US.
2023-9-19
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Date and time can be set in the Cog/setting area. via hte app   link to the smartphone. written by  the team
2023-9-19
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

If you set the FPS to 30, does it recommend 25?
2023-9-19
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

osmonauta Posted at 9-19 03:20
If you set the FPS to 30, does it recommend 25?

Yes, it does.
2023-9-19
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

That's odd. Must be an OA4 related issue. Maybe they will fix it in a new FW update - unless there's some other reason this is happening.

Would be interesting to see if those who are in the EU, if they set it to 50FPS, does it recommend 60? :-)

2023-9-19
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No, it recommends 50 in the UK when I try to set 30 or 60. It’s only a verbal message coming up on the bottom of the screen. You don’t have to do anything. You don’t get this on the Action 3 so it must be a ‘feature’. lol!!
2023-9-19
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

sound like a locked tip
2023-9-19
Use props
Giroro
lvl.1

United States

Fishycomics Posted at 9-19 03:00
DJI  autamated the NTSC/Pal, as well the Flicker  50/60hz. its no more  IMO  if you get a prompt, do post hte photo down  the A3 has the option to change flicker but has the same option to change FPS

Do you know how it was automated?
Like is it based on some region setting somewhere, or is the camera actively trying to detect flicker?
2023-9-19
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Did you activate your unit in Europe?
2023-9-19
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 9-19 10:24
Did you activate your unit in Europe?

Mine was activated in the US.
2023-9-19
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Giroro Posted at 9-19 09:28
Like is it based on some region setting somewhere, or is the camera actively trying to detect flicker?

DJI     hid the switch,  not   up to  us to  manally set things anymore
2023-9-19
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Giroro Posted at 9-19 09:28
Like is it based on some region setting somewhere, or is the camera actively trying to detect flicker?

On the Action 3 there's a setting under Preferences, called "Anti-Flicker". You can manually set it to 50Hz, 60Hz, or Auto. Apparently this has been removed in the Action 4 and instead you get a confusing message.
2023-9-19
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Mimo app works out (or you tell it) where you are in the world and the anti flicker warning should go on when you divert from your region’s ‘correct’ frequency. It doesn’t do anything, it’s just a warning that is telling you that you might get flicker. If you are using 30fps in UK, then just move the shutter to 1/50th.

The warning doesn’t actually do anything.
2023-9-19
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

When I changed FPS the flicker was gone it scaired off the warning
2023-9-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi. Giroro, Osmo Action 4 supports NTSC and PAL formats, but no NTSC and PAL options. NTSC refers to 30 Hz and 60 Hz frequencies. PAL refers to 25 Hz and 50 Hz frequencies. You are free to select the corresponding frame rate in the app to utilize different formats. Thank you for reaching out. Have a great day ahead.
2023-9-20
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 9-20 01:14
Hi. Giroro, Osmo Action 4 supports NTSC and PAL formats, but no NTSC and PAL options. NTSC refers to 30 Hz and 60 Hz frequencies. PAL refers to 25 Hz and 50 Hz frequencies. You are free to select the corresponding frame rate in the app to utilize different formats. Thank you for reaching out. Have a great day ahead.

this is a C/P  answer was noted  on another thread. can we have the book you got that from.
2023-9-20
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Fishycomics Posted at 9-20 03:14
this is a C/P  answer was noted  on another thread. can we have the book you got that from.

2023-9-20
Use props
Eikyu
lvl.2
Japan

DJI Tony Posted at 9-20 01:14

not in Japan where we have both 50hz/60hz (NTSC-J) in the country (because old peoples), we use 30/60fps here for video but we uses both 50hz/60hz... so how am I supposed to use 30/60fps if im at the 50hz region... I mean we need that manual override ASAP.
2023-9-20
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI put under the FPS (recommendated 50/60hz)  Ignore their tip, that is all that is nothing more simply set, and shoot, or ask DJI to remove the (****************)
2023-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules