DJI Go App issues...
1504 10 2015-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SpunOne69
lvl.3

United States

Ok, I've noticed something with the DJI Go App...the more I use it, and the more flights I log, the worse the video/app response gets.  I have a basically "brand new" Samsung Galaxy Tab 4A (8.0") and the first four or five flights I used this app, the video was smooth, fluent, and the screen responsive.  Now, three weeks later and maybe 15 or 16 flights into this tablet, the video is getting choppy at 100 - 200 feet, and the controls in the app take literally 3 to 10 seconds to respond when I "tap" on something.  For example, when I first took off, I pressed the "HD" icon on the top and switched from "auto" to "manual" on channel 20...no problem, video still smooth.  Then I get about 150 or 200 feet away, the video starts to get choppy...so I press the "HD" icon again, this time it takes about 5 seconds before the channel setting page pops up???  By the time I finished flying (about 15 min or so) the app would not respond at all!!  I did not have this problem the first four or five times I flew with this tablet AT ALL!!  WTF??  Could this be residual data build-up in the app or cache?  I haven't installed ANY new apps on the tablet, removed anything...it's EXACTLY the same as it was when I installed the DJI Go App.  The hardware has NOT changed in the slightest, so what is it??

2015-9-2
Use props
SpunOne69
lvl.3

United States

I know, some people are gonna say that it "updates all the google stuff on its own"...but I don't have the wi-fi on ever.  I keep this tablet turned off, in the hardshell backpack with my P3P.  Every time I use it, the wi-fi is turned off, so nothing has even updated.  I was wondering if clearing the "app's" cached data would fix it?  I'm just afraid if I clear the cache, it may delete some necessary settings that P3P uses...
2015-9-2
Use props
SpunOne69
lvl.3

United States

Ok...I ran some tests when I got home.  I used the "application manager" on my tablet and cleared just the "app cache", it didn't seem to do much, still lagged on video etc.  Second flight, I cleared the "app cache" and "app data" and it seemed to work much better!!  It does clear all settings in the app, your DJI account etc., but the video stopped freezing, the app was more responsive, and it stayed fluid/view-able all the out to almost 2000 ft.  I need some other people on this forum to try this with their android devices and see if it works or if its just an isolated incident.  Please help me test this theory...if it works, maybe DJI can figure out what the problem is and fix it permanently
2015-9-2
Use props
arives
lvl.4
Flight distance : 453684 ft
  • >>>
United States

SpunOne69 Posted at 2015-9-3 08:20
Ok...I ran some tests when I got home.  I used the "application manager" on my tablet and cleared ju ...

I too use a Tab 4 on my P3P. I have had some issues like you describe. Sometimes the app freezes or collapses, and I have to re-establish it. Then the video comes back and all is well. However, I recently decided to leave my GPS, Wi-Fi, other stuff on and run a test with the tab. It works fine at the moment. Did a 9600 foot run the other day, worked perfect never a hesitation, nor a problem. I do let the app download the map for the Data log purpose, and when I leave my deck and wander about 100 feet away from the house, the Tab looses Wi-Fi but nothing stops with the bird or the Tab during the flight.
The one thing you must do at the start of the flight is to delete all the residual apps that are running in the background despite the fact you closed them. They continue to take away from the hard work the Tab has to do to keep up with a flight in progress. Other than that I wish the bird would download the stills taken automatically. I have to do it after the flight thru the app itself after I land. There must be a better way for that or something I have missed.
I love the video, keeping the shutter at 60 when doing 4K recording, made all the difference in steady filming. Of course a ND 8 filter helps with the exposure.
2015-9-2
Use props
SpunOne69
lvl.3

United States

Yeah...when I am just flying around in front of my house, if I stay within 30 feet of my front window, my wi-fi will stay connected.  I read on some other threads that the wi-fi should be off and the tablet in "Airplane" mode.  I don't want to pay for a tablet with 4G service just to make the DJI app work correctly...that makes no sense to me at all.  I will try some flights with the wi-fi on (does it have to be connected? or just "on"?) and see if that helps...thanks for your input   And I do close all open apps before connecting to the P3P...
2015-9-2
Use props
SpunOne69
lvl.3

United States

I've even tried "re-booting" the tablet before each flight, so no apps are running and the memory is cleared out, but it didn't seem to make any difference.
2015-9-2
Use props
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

arives@capecod. Posted at 2015-9-2 20:05
I too use a Tab 4 on my P3P. I have had some issues like you describe. Sometimes the app freezes o ...

Can you elaborate a little on how you "delete" your background apps please?  Thank you.
2015-9-2
Use props
SpunOne69
lvl.3

United States

Download a "task killer" app or use the built in "application manager" in your android settings menu.  Usually, any apps or processes that are not necessary will have a "force stop" button on the screen...just force all the unnecessary apps to close (force stop) and then open the DJI app...it should run better after that.  What I tried today was this; I factory reset my Galaxy Tab 4A and then re-installed the DJI Go app, didn't put anything else on the tablet, not even my google account.  It ran perfectly...flew out 8000 feet with no video lag or signal loss
2015-9-3
Use props
giant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31565 ft
Netherlands

Take care that the Go app also stores all the videos that you have made. Delete these to make more space, maybe that helps.
2015-9-4
Use props
SpunOne69
lvl.3

United States

No...I've cleared the video cache when the app was "acting up" and it didn't make a difference.  Don't get me wrong, its good to keep the cache clear, but it doesn't make the Go app run any better
2015-9-4
Use props
arives
lvl.4
Flight distance : 453684 ft
  • >>>
United States

jayhkr Posted at 2015-9-3 12:30
Can you elaborate a little on how you "delete" your background apps please?  Thank you.

On my Tab 4 there are three "buttons" on the bottom of the Tab. The one to the left that looks like 2 pieces of paper, is a touch spot, and it brings up a list of the applications that are either running or are in the background waiting to be called upon. If you look on the screen now, at the extreme right bottom, there is a wording like close open apps or something, and if you touch it, the open background apps all close. Voila you've done it. Do this before you open the GoApp, or else you will close the GoApp too.
2015-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules