Quick transfer doesn't work?
1850 10 2023-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aerosw1ft
lvl.2
Flight distance : 221886 ft
Indonesia

My phone won't connect to my Mini 3 Pro for quick transfer. The prompt is there, but it always get stuck in "connecting.." then it fails. Message says "Aircraft is already connected to another mobile device, please restart aircraft and try again." but  I dont have the DJI RC turned on.My phone's bluetooth and wifi is turned on, and the wifi would change from my home wifi to the drone's. I have tried restarting the drone multiple times to no avail.

2023-9-20
Use props
danyrr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2527425 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Good morning, the same thing happened to me while traveling. I connected to the hotel wifi network and nothing. However, yesterday at home it worked for me with my home Wi-Fi. The only explanation I can find is that it only works with the Wi-Fi network that I somehow have saved. I hope someone can contribute something more. Greetings.
2023-9-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, may I ask about the model of your phone? Please make sure the app is the latest version.
2023-9-21
Use props
aerosw1ft
lvl.2
Indonesia

DJI Mindy Posted at 9-21 02:02
Hi there, may I ask about the model of your phone? Please make sure the app is the latest version.

Hi, thanks for responding. My phone is the Samsung Galaxy A54, with DJI Fly ver. 1.11.4 (just checked, app says it's up to date).
2023-9-21
Use props
aerosw1ft
lvl.2
Indonesia

danyrr Posted at 9-21 00:22
Good morning, the same thing happened to me while traveling. I connected to the hotel wifi network and nothing. However, yesterday at home it worked for me with my home Wi-Fi. The only explanation I can find is that it only works with the Wi-Fi network that I somehow have saved. I hope someone can contribute something more. Greetings.

I also thought it had something to do with the wifi, because i wasn't connected to any wifi the first time i tried to use Quick Transfer (was out near a lake). But i tried again at home before posting this and connected my phone to my home wifi, but i noticed that my phone would just change and connect to the drone's wifi when trying to use Quick Transfer, so i'm not really sure how the wifi connection works when using quick transfer now (if your phone needs to be connected to home wifi or something like that). Maybe an admin can help and verify this for me.
2023-9-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

aerosw1ft Posted at 9-21 04:05
Hi, thanks for responding. My phone is the Samsung Galaxy A54, with DJI Fly ver. 1.11.4 (just checked, app says it's up to date).

Thanks for the information provided. If another mobile phone was connected to the aircraft using the QuickTransfer function, and the mobile phone is nearby, a possible reason for this message is that the aircraft’s Wi-Fi is occupied by the previously connected mobile phone. We recommend turning off the Wi-Fi on the previously connected mobile phone or deleting/ignoring the aircraft’s Wi-Fi. If the mobile phone cannot be found, please change the aircraft Wifi name in DJI Fly and reconnect to it. Try to restart the mobile phone and then run the DJI Fly app.
2023-9-21
Use props
SKYNET UG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136496 ft
Germany

The phone does not have 2.4 GHz, only 5180 MHz.
Will it work with 5 GHz? I doubt. It does not work for me.
2023-9-23
Use props
Bushcat69
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14701 ft

Switzerland

Are you running any kind of Adblock app or a VPN? If so add the DJI Fly app to the white list of the Adblock app or deactivate the VPN as this was what was causing my failed connection.
2023-9-23
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The WiFi connection is direct drone to phone it has nowt to do with any WiFi you use for the internet
2023-9-23
Use props
aerosw1ft
lvl.2
Indonesia

Bushcat69 Posted at 9-23 01:38
Are you running any kind of Adblock app or a VPN? If so add the DJI Fly app to the white list of the Adblock app or deactivate the VPN as this was what was causing my failed connection.

Nope, don't have a VPN or anything like it. I've actually only used quick transfer once, to a Mini 2 that's not even mine. I had the Mini 2 SE before upgrading to the 3 Pro and it didn't have QT.. I also tried clearing the cache on the DJI fly app, still no luck. Might try and reinstall the app if nothing else works.
2023-9-29
Use props
aerosw1ft
lvl.2
Indonesia

SKYNET UG Posted at 9-23 01:09
The phone does not have 2.4 GHz, only 5180 MHz.
Will it work with 5 GHz? I doubt. It does not work for me.

Do you suggest changing the transmission settings on the drone back to auto? (I changed it to manual 2.4ghz beforehand because i lost video feed while only 350m away, i already posted a thread about that).
2023-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules