DJI Mini 4 Pro vs DJI Air 3
12Next >
14718 63 2023-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

Not all definitive data and capabilities of the new DJI Mini 4 Pro are yet available, but maybe it will have a different name, but some data is already available, although it is not yet clear whether all this is true. My question to the experienced DJI drone pilots is: Would you tend in a purchase decision rather to the DJI Air 3 or to the newly released Mini 4 Pro ?

From the money point of view I find the distance not so serious, because the DJI Air 3 is to get with a good basic equipment. I think the weight is not so crucial, unless the drone is to be taken in a backpack and there is great emphasis on this smallness. From the data and capabilities I find the DJI Air 3 very tempting and the new DJI Mini 4 seems to me to have taken over some of the DJI Air 3 but I currently tend to a slightly more robust processing. I would therefore be very happy about personal experiences.
Dji Air 3.jpg
2023-9-21
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I've got a Mavic 3 (first one), a Mini 3 Pro and for some short time now also an Air 3.

From my point of experience the Air 3 renders my Mavic 3 mostly obsolete, but not the Mini 3 Pro! The Mini series has some big advantages with it's weight being the biggest, because it makes the drone very quiet. And this for me is the point where the Mini Series is breaking away from the bigger birds. The Air 3 is not so much smaller and lighter than a Mavic 3, I would consider the Air 3 being the better Mavic 3 because of the 70mm tele lens, but not necessary because of some 200g less MTOM or a bit less in size (it's not that much actually, really).

So as conclusion: I am thinking about selling my Mavic 3. I consider the Mini 3/4 Pro and the Air 3 to be the 2 drones I will keep for different scenarios of usage. The Mini for areas where are many people that don't mind a "toy drone" flying around. The Air 3 for epic footages (e.g. parallax flights) where the bigger MTOM and noise are not the main concern. Will take the Air 3 to South Tyrol next week, it will do a great job there I think.

Having both. That's the way for me. They both can serve their own purpose. I even think about byuing the Mini 4 Pro as a step up from the 3.
2023-9-21
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Before rushing in to buy a just released drone WAIT A WHILE and let others be the testers/Guinea-pigs. I.e. wait until the teething troubles, if any, have been sorted out.
With regards to the drones you mention, all other considerations aside, WHERE you will be permitted to fly them is going to be a BIG CONSIDERATION.
2023-9-21
Use props
John Spaar
lvl.1

United States

If the Mini 4 pro is not compatible with the RC pro , then I will need to purchase with a entirely new controller.

I have watched numerous videos and have seen various chats and no one wants to address the cost of #1 having to buy and new controller and #2 if you have a Mavic series or Mini3, 3 pro, or Air 2s and own a RC or RC pro controller and want to sell one of your older drones you can't sell with the controller.

I had considered selling my Mini 3 pro and getting the 4 for the 360 obstacle avoidance, but not at the cost of a controller that won't work with my Mavic 3 Classic.

It is why I didn't get the Air 3.

I know I am limited to 15Km on my M3 Classic, but I like having controllers that are compatible with 7 drones. Good job on that DJI.

I might be wrong, But I believe the RC and RC Pro controllers are compatible with:

Air 2S , Mini 3, Mini 3 Pro, and the entire Mavic series(4)

If the controller on Mavic dies, I grab the one from my mini 3 pro.
2023-9-21
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

John Spaar Posted at 9-21 09:10
If the Mini 4 pro is not compatible with the RC pro , then I will need to purchase with a entirely new controller.

I have watched numerous videos and have seen various chats and no one wants to address the cost of #1 having to buy and new controller and #2 if you have a Mavic series or Mini3, 3 pro, or Air 2s and own a RC or RC pro controller and want to sell one of your older drones you can't sell with the controller.

Thank you for pointing out the compatibility of the remote controls, I was not aware of that. Is of course a real limitation if it always needs another controller. The new Mini 4 Pro will probably have the same controller as the Air 3 but unfortunately I bought the Mini 3 Pro only 3 weeks ago which annoys me a bit now. A good combination for me would have been the Mini 4 Pro and the Air 3. For me it looks like the Mini 4 Pro is a scaled down Air 3. It should also have the improved sensor and has the 360 degree obstacle detection. Unfortunately, I can not compare or know to what extent the noise differs. The Mini 3 Pro is in any case no longer perceived as annoying in its noise development after a short distance.

2023-9-21
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

SeehawerB Posted at 9-21 08:35
I've got a Mavic 3 (first one), a Mini 3 Pro and for some short time now also an Air 3.

From my point of experience the Air 3 renders my Mavic 3 mostly obsolete, but not the Mini 3 Pro! The Mini series has some big advantages with it's weight being the biggest, because it makes the drone very quiet. And this for me is the point where the Mini Series is breaking away from the bigger birds. The Air 3 is not so much smaller and lighter than a Mavic 3, I would consider the Air 3 being the better Mavic 3 because of the 70mm tele lens, but not necessary because of some 200g less MTOM or a bit less in size (it's not that much actually, really).

Many thanks for your comments and I see it similarly ...

Unfortunately I have only recently purchased the Mini 3 Pro

The ombination M4P & Air 3 are currently my desired wishing

2023-9-21
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

I think even if there is a Mini 4 Pro now one can easily live on owning "only" the Mini 3 Pro. Do I really need 360° obstacle avoidance when I still did not crash the Mini 3 Pro one time flying sidewards? Do I need waypoints? Do I need better night image capabilities? There is the fear of missing out (FOMO) that leads us to crave for every new drone that's "better" than the one we own. But that's a money pit. I try to fight those feelings every time a new drone comes out.
2023-9-22
Use props
ElleKN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 755669 ft
Germany

These two are just not comparable, as the weight is completely different and so the regulations/laws are. In Germany (to be more precisely: in Europe) it is much easier to fly a sub 250 gramm drone. So THAT should be your main point to make the decision (wether under 250 gramm or not).
2023-9-22
Use props
RAYMARO
lvl.3

Spain

el futuro esta en los drones de menos de 249gr...tiempo al tiempo.saludos
2023-9-22
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

ElleKN Posted at 9-22 00:36
These two are just not comparable, as the weight is completely different and so the regulations/laws are. In Germany (to be more precisely: in Europe) it is much easier to fly a sub 250 gramm drone. So THAT should be your main point to make the decision (wether under 250 gramm or not).

I do not see serious differences between C0 and C1 - M3P has a camera and therefore also a hook and not the cross

C1 (Air 3) only requires an additional simple proof of competence (Small drone license) which can be done online ...
DE New 2024.jpg
2023-9-22
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 9-21 09:00
Before rushing in to buy a just released drone WAIT A WHILE and let others be the testers/Guinea-pigs. I.e. wait until the teething troubles, if any, have been sorted out.
With regards to the drones you mention, all other considerations aside, WHERE you will be permitted to fly them is going to be a BIG CONSIDERATION.

Is a very good advice for reason, if present but not for kiddy desire for new toys

2023-9-22
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Don’t make the decision based on any drone rules as

1 There are no drone police and
2 Any rules now will be changed 5 mins later

Just ignor any rules and buy what is best for you.

I now think the A3 is the one to go for
2023-9-23
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ElleKN Posted at 9-22 00:36

Very bad advice. Just ignor the rules and fly sensibly
2023-9-23
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

Silly to be comparing something that is not out yet to the Air 3,which will easily be a much better drone anyway.
2023-9-23
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 9-23 09:04
Don’t make the decision based on any drone rules as

1 There are no drone police and

To quote one of your previous replies to me, "Are you for real", or are you just baiting ?
Will you pay the fines of anyone that follows your enlightened/questionable advice if they happen to get caught?
Didn't three recent UK court cases each end up with a fine in excess of £1,000?
Buxton, Donington Park, Isle of Man - TT week, I think the latter was £3,000+ plus the destruction of the drone and possibly associated equipment?

2023-9-23
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

Freetime Posted at 9-23 09:37
Silly to be comparing something that is not out yet to the Air 3,which will easily be a much better drone anyway.

I don't find it silly, at most speculative and many infos are already available

I also find it daring to claim the Air 3 is the better drone ...

What aspects lead you to such an assertion ?

2023-9-23
Use props
NBGRobbo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12349 ft
United Kingdom

Space Dream Posted at 9-23 11:47

I agree with the comment, specs are not known yet, so all the speculation is a waste of airtime.  Hopefully full specs will be available on Monday.
2023-9-23
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

SeehawerB Posted at 9-21 08:35
I've got a Mavic 3 (first one), a Mini 3 Pro and for some short time now also an Air 3.

Going with this logic, the Mini 4 Pro could render the Air 3 obsolete...
2023-9-23
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
United States

Space Dream Posted at 9-23 11:47

Simple the Air 3 is the mid range offering and the mini series is the bottom end.
So there ya go. The Air 3 and the Mini 3 pro should not be compared to each other
as they have their own place in the market
2023-9-23
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
United States

Freetime Posted at 9-23 16:51
Simple the Air 3 is the mid range offering and the mini series is the bottom end.
So there ya go. The Air 3 and the Mini 3 pro should not be compared to each other
as they have their own place in the market

I know the next thing you will come up with is I suppose you have both of them and can compare.
And if you do not have either one which I do not,why are you voicing your opinion on these two drones
without having either one.I can hear the response now almost word for word.So have at it I guess.
2023-9-23
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 9-23 09:39
To quote one of your previous replies to me, "Are you for real", or are you just baiting ?
Will you pay the fines of anyone that follows your enlightened/questionable advice if they happen to get caught?
Didn't three recent UK court cases each end up with a fine in excess of £1,000?

You worry way too much
2023-9-23
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NBGRobbo Posted at 9-23 12:31
I agree with the comment, specs are not known yet, so all the speculation is a waste of airtime.  Hopefully full specs will be available on Monday.

The main specs are already widely known, no speculation needed.

========================================================

I like the Mini 4 Pro and the Air 3, but i cannot see myself getting one anytime soon due to funding being what it is at present what with today's climate an all.

DJI should do what similar to car leasing, that way we can upgrade yearly, i know, just dreaming but..
2023-9-23
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

Freetime Posted at 9-23 16:56
I know the next thing you will come up with is I suppose you have both of them and can compare.
And if you do not have either one which I do not,why are you voicing your opinion on these two drones
without having either one.I can hear the response now almost word for word.So have at it I guess.

You are completely wrong with your assumptions

I asked about Mini 4 Pro ( ? bottom end ? ) not M3P

2023-9-23
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
United States

Space Dream Posted at 9-23 22:45
You are completely wrong with your assumptions

I asked about Mini 4 Pro ( ? bottom end ? ) not M3P

Mini 3 pro ,mini 4 pro basically same difference.
2023-9-24
Use props
AmazingUser22
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2627959 ft
  • >>>
Australia

honestly same i am thinking about a mini 4 pro or an air 3 and its really hard for me since i want to use a drone for hiking adventures and other stuff, for me to make my decision i will look at the reviews and if the obstacle avoidance system will not work as good as the air 3 i will get the air 3 but if its the same or better then i will get the mini 4 pro
2023-9-24
Use props
NBGRobbo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12349 ft
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 9-23 22:24
The main specs are already widely known, no speculation needed.

========================================================

Main specs mostly known, from a few knocked up pictures that my (dead) gran could knock up.  I'll by taking my spec from DJI in 17 hours.
2023-9-24
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NBGRobbo Posted at 9-24 11:56
Main specs mostly known, from a few knocked up pictures that my (dead) gran could knock up.  I'll by taking my spec from DJI in 17 hours.

From photographs, not pictures, there is a big difference, so big in fact that i will bet you right here and now, that the photo is 100% legit.

See this link for my thread that DJI has made it so that its not visible unless you go right to the last page of the Mini 3 Pro section, why would they do that unless there is some truth to it ;)

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 97025&extra=&page=1

And this link in that same thread for some of the actual drone

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 025&pid=3135638
2023-9-24
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Burt37 Posted at 9-23 14:08
Going with this logic, the Mini 4 Pro could render the Air 3 obsolete...

No. The 70mm lens is a big advantage you don't wanna miss.
2023-9-24
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

SeehawerB Posted at 9-24 20:49
No. The 70mm lens is a big advantage you don't wanna miss.

Yes, and the Mavic 3 has a 4/3 CMOS compare to Air 3 that has the same as the Mini 3 and now Mini 4...

You got to be fair...
2023-9-24
Use props
Colbtron
lvl.1
Canada

How long is a while? The Mini Pro 3 was out for just over a year before they released the Mini Pro 4. Should we wait 3 months? 6 months? Any longer and you might as well wait for version 5 to come out. Then wait for people to test it. Then wait for v6…
2023-9-25
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7275348 ft
United States

Bashy Posted at 9-24 13:17
From photographs, not pictures, there is a big difference, so big in fact that i will bet you right here and now, that the photo is 100% legit.

See this link for my thread that DJI has made it so that its not visible unless you go right to the last page of the Mini 3 Pro section, why would they do that unless there is some truth to it ;)

just found out that I can see your thread in the PC version. it's on the side and has a different picture.
2023-9-25
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

Dirty Bird Posted at 9-25 20:14
$1738 - Air 3 FlyMore with 2-year Care Refresh
$1284 - Mini 4 Pro FlyMore Plus with 2-year Care Refresh

Again a great video and the environment seems to be optimal for such drone flights but I would be really afraid to fly so long over water. Had read that below 10 meters is not recommended ? Is it safer if I fly higher over water ? I also find your music selection always very good. But I think with only one drone waypoints are not really important, I can simply approach all points manually or what advantage should bring waypoints with only one drone ? A smoother flight and more relaxed hands on the remote control ?
2023-9-25
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Colbtron Posted at 9-25 19:53
How long is a while? The Mini Pro 3 was out for just over a year before they released the Mini Pro 4. Should we wait 3 months? 6 months? Any longer and you might as well wait for version 5 to come out. Then wait for people to test it. Then wait for v6…

It's your money, you decide, if you want to be a Guinea Pig, be my guest.
I'd certainly wait 3 months, I bought my Mavic Mini 7 months after the launch date, I still fly it. I bought my mini 2 roughly 8 months after the launch date.
I wonder how many people regretted rushing in and buying the Mavic 3 on day 1.
2023-9-25
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 9-25 23:43
It's your money, you decide, if you want to be a Guinea Pig, be my guest.
I'd certainly wait 3 months, I bought my Mavic Mini 7 months after the launch date, I still fly it. I bought my mini 2 roughly 8 months after the launch date.
I wonder how many people regretted rushing in and buying the Mavic 3 on day 1.

I waited months for the Mini 3 Pro too, got slated (1 member) for it time and time again mind
2023-9-26
Use props
Tavus
lvl.2

Germany

I Send my Air 3 back,because the Mini 4 Pro can everything that the Air 3 can(except the 70mm Lens ofc),but in an smaller and cheaper Package.
2023-9-26
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

Tavus Posted at 9-26 03:49
I Send my Air 3 back,because the Mini 4 Pro can everything that the Air 3 can(except the 70mm Lens ofc),but in an smaller and cheaper Package.

I think that was a good decision, was that still within the 14 days return ?

I wish I also had this option available from Dji with my Mini 3 Pro ...

2023-9-26
Use props
Tavus
lvl.2

Germany

Space Dream Posted at 9-26 04:00
I think that was a good decision, was that still within the 14 days return ?

I wish I also had this option available from Dji with my Mini 3 Pro ...

Thanks i have a good Feeling too about that Decision ^^.Yes it was in the 14 Days Return Window.Bought the Full Package of the  M4P(I forgot the ND Filters ^^) so excited,i hope it arrives on Thursday.
2023-9-26
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

Tavus Posted at 9-26 05:54
Thanks i have a good Feeling too about that Decision ^^.Yes it was in the 14 Days Return Window.Bought the Full Package of the  M4P(I forgot the ND Filters ^^) so excited,i hope it arrives on Thursday.

I am happy with you and try to cope with my frustration

I was also planning to buy an Air 3 to go with the M3P

But Mini 4 Pro has now changed everything seriously

2023-9-26
Use props
H3llo
lvl.3
Netherlands

BOTH! DJI AIR 3 and MINI 4 PRO ;)
2023-9-26
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

John Spaar Posted at 9-21 09:10

I have watched numerous videos and have seen various chats and no one wants to address the cost of #1 having to buy and new controller and #2 if you have a Mavic series or Mini3, 3 pro, or Air 2s and own a RC or RC pro controller and want to sell one of your older drones you can't sell with the controller.

The RC Pro is old and on its' last financial legs. I don't think it is a wise decision to make a choice on a drone based on an almost two year old controller. RC Pro 2 here we come!
2023-9-27
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules