814 13 2023-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Joe B
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87894 ft
United States

DJI,
  I have been a dedicated fan of your products since 2018 and love all 4 of my DJI products.

Can you throw us a bone, so to speak.  The Air 2S is fablous but there are 2 things it is lacking that we could really use:

1.  True Waypoint missions
    and
2.  Night mode

I know that developers are focused on new / future products but these 2 enhansements would not only make the DJI Air 2S a much better product but it would make they entire DJI community happy to see that we have not been forgotten just becasue we are a year or two old.

Thank you for you consideration.
2023-9-21
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

I'm with you, but with the release of the Air 3 and Mini 4, there isn't much chance of anything for the 2S.
2023-9-21
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think you drone launched in April 2021.  Normally that isn't considered a long long time but it's not short either.  Considering there was also a major event during that timeframe, I'm afraid your drone model may have been lost in the confusion that was the pandemic.
2023-9-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate the time and effort you have invested in providing this suggestion to us. Your feedback will definitely be cascaded to the concerned team for further review. Your understanding is highly appreciated.
2023-9-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

That would be a Big Bone, but with recent release of the Air 3 I just do not see DJI accommodating this for the Air 2S.  Don't get me wrong I'd love to see it happen but I'm not going to get my hopes up.
2023-9-22
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 980066 ft
Italy

I would be more than happy to receive the EU C1 certification ... also without any functional improvement. And I think many people in the EU would be the same.
2023-9-22
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

Probably not going to happen. I'd love to be proven wrong. Rest assured that our esteemed DJI Paladin and company will be busy definitely cascading to the concerned team these exact same requests for the Air 3. Cascading is a lot of work, I wish them well in their endeavors.
2023-9-23
Use props
Joe B
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87894 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2023-9-21 18:41
Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate the time and effort you have invested in providing this suggestion to us. Your feedback will definitely be cascaded to the concerned team for further review. Your understanding is highly appreciated.

Paladin
  Never hear anymore on this post from last year.  I understand not enchasing the out of production models but the Air 2S is still available for sale on the DJI.Com site.  There should really be no reason not to enhance a product DJI still sells.  There are some options that are hardware driven (Different cameras, e.t.c.) but night vision and Waypoints are software enhancements that could help DJI sell More of the Air 2S products.  Would still love to see some enhancements for this model.
  Thank You
1-4 14:01
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Joe B Posted at 1-4 14:01
Paladin
  Never hear anymore on this post from last year.  I understand not enchasing the out of production models but the Air 2S is still available for sale on the DJI.Com site.  There should really be no reason not to enhance a product DJI still sells.  There are some options that are hardware driven (Different cameras, e.t.c.) but night vision and Waypoints are software enhancements that could help DJI sell More of the Air 2S products.  Would still love to see some enhancements for this model.
  Thank You

Until the drone model has EOL, pretty sure they will consider updates on a priority basis and at this point, that would mean bug fixes and likely only critical bugs.  Also anything legal or regulatory that would be needed to bring the drone into compliance.  As far as feature set...I hate to break it to you but  DJI probably doesn't really mind if they sell any more Air 2S drones (from a financial standpoint).  Obviously they want to grow their customer base but upgrades to more recent drone models would be preferable.  The longer they continue to sell older drones, the longer they have to continue to support them.  Sell as new Air 2S with care refresh and that's 2-3 years they have to deal with it.  Once upon a time the Air 2S was their best drone so it's hanging on pretty good but I wouldn't be surprised if this is the last year you see them so widely available.
1-4 15:00
Use props
fansc8d8edda
lvl.4
United States

I know that they won't miss me, but this will be my last DJI product.  A friend warned me to stay away from them and I didn't listen.
I won't make the same mistake twice.
1-4 18:52
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansc8d8edda Posted at 1-4 18:52
I know that they won't miss me, but this will be my last DJI product.  A friend warned me to stay away from them and I didn't listen.
I won't make the same mistake twice.

Well, you really should try the Air 3.  I think you will be shocked at how much improved it is.

I don't understand the whole "stay away" concept since there isn't exactly anywhere else to go.  
1-4 19:02
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft
United States

I'll join in on the updates needing waypoints and some other updates.  I'd like to see the same setting I had on my Mavic Pro years ago to set the low battery alarm for a percentage that I want.  I really don't like the "We are heading back right now".  I prefered the 20% warning.  I headed back as soon as I got it and usually landed with 10-15% remaining.  Hearing that we are gonna head back right now warning is a good way to induce panic in some..
1-6 14:59
Use props
AlexanderK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2066709 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

FabioV Posted at 2023-9-22 05:07
I would be more than happy to receive the EU C1 certification ... also without any functional improvement. And I think many people in the EU would be the same.

Absolutely agree.
Still love the image quality coming off this little drone. For photos my go to over the air3. And it's in my bag during daily walks.
1-7 23:31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Joe B Posted at 1-4 14:01
Paladin
  Never hear anymore on this post from last year.  I understand not enchasing the out of production models but the Air 2S is still available for sale on the DJI.Com site.  There should really be no reason not to enhance a product DJI still sells.  There are some options that are hardware driven (Different cameras, e.t.c.) but night vision and Waypoints are software enhancements that could help DJI sell More of the Air 2S products.  Would still love to see some enhancements for this model.
  Thank You

Hello, Joe. Thank you for your feedback. As of the time being, we haven't received any updates regarding the suggestion. Please note that all suggestions will undergo evaluation and that takes time also, we need to understand that not everything will be approved as there may be some technical or hardware limitations. We will continue to record these suggestions to reach the designated department. We appreciate your understanding.
1-8 00:43
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules