Inspire 2 X5s camera suddenly not connecting to drone
748 5 2023-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vanermi
lvl.2
Canada

Fired up drone and camera not showing up on screen. As a result it's tellng me I have inconsistent firmware issue. Tried updating firmware on site, on computer and no luck. I also tried downgrading firmware with a fail every time it got to 90% and attempted to change the camera firmware. I put my x5s on another Inspire 2 drone and it works fine. I also put that camera on my drone with the same issue which eliminates the camera as being the issue. All contacts on the camera and drone are fine, no dust and no accidents. Worked one day just fine and the next it didn't. Does anyone know what could be the issue here? Thanks in advance.
2023-9-22
Use props
vanermi
lvl.2
Canada

As a side note, the red light beside the memory card reader on the drone is blinking fast 3 times.
2023-9-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, vanermi. Thank you for reaching out. We'll forward your concern to our relevant team for further checking. We'll let you know once we receive an update.
2023-9-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, vanermi. Thank you for patiently waiting. Please try and confirm the steps below:

1. Please make sure whether the Micro SD card is installed on the aircraft, if so, please pull out the SD card and test it.
2. If the problem can be restored to normal without installing the Micro SD card, try to back up the material in the card, then install the Micro SD card to the aircraft and format it through the DJI Go 4 App.
3. If the problem still exists after uninstalling the SD card, then provide us with the following information for further checking.
1) Please confirm whether the gimbal can self-test normally after the aircraft is turned on (if possible, please provide a video of operation).
2) Please confirm the firmware version of DJI Assistant 2 tuning software on the computer side. We suggest to download the corresponding tuning software (Mac V1.2.4, Windows V1.2.5) from the download page of Inspire 2 (https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/inspire-2).
3) Please provide a video showing the issue without the camera screen and a screenshot of the version information page.

Please upload the file/s to Dropbox or Google Drive and provide us the shareable link via PM. We will wait for your update. Thank you for your cooperation.
2023-9-28
Use props
vanermi
lvl.2
Canada

Just to update my situation. I ended up sending the drone to DJI for service. My drone is my baby and it's never been bumped or banged and certainly not crashed. It's never been sent to anyone for service and just worked one day and stopped the next. The report sent back was that one of 4 screws was stripped that holds the battery compartment module in place. The Gimbal Vibration Absorbing Board Module needs replacing and the Main controller module. All in the repair bill was $975USD. I had a phone call with the service member on site where the repair was happening and she went to bat for me and had it covered under warranty which hadn't expired long ago. There was no way of knowing how the screw stripped or how the modules failed, but it's on it's way back to me and I'm one lucky and happy camper.
2023-9-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

vanermi Posted at 9-29 10:20
Just to update my situation. I ended up sending the drone to DJI for service. My drone is my baby and it's never been bumped or banged and certainly not crashed. It's never been sent to anyone for service and just worked one day and stopped the next. The report sent back was that one of 4 screws was stripped that holds the battery compartment module in place. The Gimbal Vibration Absorbing Board Module needs replacing and the Main controller module. All in the repair bill was $975USD. I had a phone call with the service member on site where the repair was happening and she went to bat for me and had it covered under warranty which hadn't expired long ago. There was no way of knowing how the screw stripped or how the modules failed, but it's on it's way back to me and I'm one lucky and happy camper.

Hi, vanermi. Thank you for the update. We're glad that the aircraft has been fixed and that it will be covered under warranty. Should you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach us. Have a nice day!
2023-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules